Females 5'5 what is your goal weight and current weight?

Options
Also, please tell me your age, activity level and the calories you maintain on or lose on. Thanks!

Replies

• marbear1397
    Options
    Hey Im 5'5 140 lbs and my goal is about 125 to 130 depending on what weight I feel the best at. I excersize almost daily wether its running, dance, aturbo kick class, or some strength training.
  • marbear1397
    Options
    And I lose about a pound a week on 1500 to 1600 calories
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 148. My goal weight is 135. And I eat about 1200-1300 calories a day. Yes, I know I should be eating more. I am working on it

I'm 19 (20 next month) and I don't do any rigorous exercise. I try to walk/dance every day though. Go running a few times a week..
  • feistymoon
    Options
    5ft 4.5 (that half inch does make a difference lol). I can maintain at 120lbs on around 1700 or so per day, with the usual treats at the weekends.

It really does come down to balance though. Make sensible decisions most of the time with food, exercise 3 or 4 times a week, and you really don't have to worry too much :)

EDIT:
    Activity: Sendentary job, but exercise 3-4 times per week in the evenings
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I am at 146# with a goal of 135 and have been eating 1200-1300 daily. I'm gonna up my calories to 1500-1600 and see if that helps. I lift weight 3 days/wk (Jillian Michaels Body Revolution) and run 3 days/wk (2-3 miles). I'm 52 and 5'4.5".
  • sarahdkurtz
    sarahdkurtz Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Im 5.5 weigh 152, started at 170 and my tenative goal is 140. From there I'll focus on body fat percentage. I go to the gym 5-6 day a week with my main focus on heavy lifting. On off days I'll do random class at the gym, or longer session of cardio for fun. I eat about 1500 calories per day and lose a few lbs a month. I only weigh once a month or less.
  • peanutbutterpretzels
    Options
    Bump
  • Autumnlove05
    Options
    I'm 135 and want to be 125 :)

Losing 10 pounds had been tough though :(
    I try to exercise 4 times a week, at least 30 minutes- usually treadmill, strength training
    P90-X etc....

I try to consume 1200-1500 calories a day-
    Although I only seem to be maintaining at those levels.
    I was thinking if going down to 1100, but that seems to low :/
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" on a good day (5'.75" on a bad day lol), and currently at ~186 (dropped there from 208 a few years ago, then stopped trying). My goal weight has always been 150, but lately I've been thinking lower might be better, as per BMI 150 would still be overweight. So my current goal is 145, and we'll see what I say when I get there (I know I've got a medium-to-large frame, so I've a feeling being towards the higher end of the "healthy" range will probably look better and be more maintainable).

As far as calories, MFP put me on 1500, while a different site has me at 2000. My goal is 1600-1700 at the moment, since I have a very hard time eating at 1500 and being able to balance my calories enough between sweets and dinner to stay under!

My activity depends on the day- some days I'm sitting at a desk all day, while other days I'm more active (fixing the scientific instrument I'm using usually involves sitting in an odd position while I loosen or tighten bolts with a wrench). I go dancing at least once a week, and try to get a gym workout in there, too.
  • baybiker
    baybiker Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi- I'm 5'5 and 138. I'd like to get down to 120-125. I'm just starting to use MFP again and have a FitBit. I'm 40 years old.

-Traci
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    23, 5' 4
    CW: 222
    GW: 133
    Activity: Moderate
    Cals: 1500ish
    I average 1.5 per week

As you can see I'm not 5'5!
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Current weight: 130
    Goal weight: 125ish, depends on when I am happy and feel fit!
    Activity: mostly sitting at a computer, but I try to get in half an hour six days a week
    Calories: I'm losing 1lb a week at about 1,700-1,750, sometimes more sometimes less, but I never net below 1,200
  • VitVit18
    VitVit18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    23, 5'5"
    Current weight: 170-ish
    Goal weight: 130-ish (I'm not too concerned about this though, I'm more concerned with my bf% - I'd like it to be anywhere from about 13-17%)
    I exercise about 2 or 3 times a week. I also figure skate, so the exercise times are adjusted depending if I have skating or not (we share the rink with the varsity hockey teams). When I work out I do a lot of weights though - I absolutely loathe cardio.
    Calories: 1500-ish...
  • mommaofthree67
    Options
    I am 30 5.5 and currently 233lbs and I want to get to 200.. or when I fit into a specific pair of size 12 jeans! I have been set at a 1850 diet. I run around all the time with the kids and try get on my elliptical 3-4 times a week. I am just starting this after having 3 kids so I am taking it slow but hopefully steady!
  • Lyny79
    Lyny79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"5 I am 33 137 lbs and my aim is 126lbs. I work out when I have time,the latest craze metafit.i love it. My problem is just greed and I want to try just be healthy and feel good.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    My name is Samantha and I am 33. I started at 165 and am now at 150.5..... My goal is 130-
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Also, please tell me your age, activity level and the calories you maintain on or lose on. Thanks!

height: 5'5 and a half (that half counts damn it! :laugh: )
    activity level : strength train (strong lifts and olympic lifting), 3-4 hours a week .. crossfit/circuit train 1-2 hours a week, cardio (run, walk,bike,or swim) 3-4 hours a week
    maintenance calories : 2600 - 3100 depending on if it's a workout day or not
    calories to lose : 1800-2400
    current weight : 192 (of which 145 is LBM)
    current size : size 12
    goal weight : 170 which should put me at 18% body fat
    goal size : size 6

my overall goal has been to keep as much of my LBM as possible while i shed fat so I've been losing very slowly, but most of that has been fat. also i'm pretty bad at logging everything i eat and i dont measure. i still see results when i measure myself, but i'm sure once the fat loss slows i'll need to start being more precise about logging.
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'5" ... CW 133 GW 119 but that's an idealist notion !!! Be happy to get to around 121-124 maintenance. My calories ate set at 1450 ish and I eat back most of my exercise calories. I'm a nurse so lightly active at work. Try and work out 5 days out of 7 doing jillian michaels DVDs and exercise bike but looking to start some more strength training as well to look better. !! :tongue:

I do like treats though but count them in my allowance and believe its all about balance so I look at my weekly figure rather than focus too much on daily numbers !!

Oh and I'm 38 x
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 5 1/2 :-) Aged 45, sedentary lifestyle (full time student). Currently 179 and aiming to lose 1lb a week on 1330 calories a day plus exercise three times a week.

As a skinny teenage undergraduate I was 132lbs but as a grown woman with a medium to large frame, am aiming for around 155, which still makes me look slim, as I recall from the last time I was that weight which was about 15 years ago! Anything under 11 stone is good with me. Quite a long way to go through...
  • Kassadeedle
    Kassadeedle Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, 5'5” and weigh 175.. Goal is 130. I'm eating 1320 calories a day and have a desk job. I've just started couch to 5k 3 days a Week.