Flabby arms

Options
Can anyone give me any advice on how to really tone the back of my flabby arms? I don't need body builder arms but just a nice, slight, definition?

Replies

• nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5lb weights. youtube it :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a dumbell tree! They are awsom! They come in 3 different size weights, and are quite cheap to buy. They really help to tone the batwings :smile:
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    small weights ( I use 5-8 pds) when home. But at the gym, I use tricep cable pulls.
  • laceyslady
    laceyslady Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Swimming
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Pick up some heavy things, then do it again, and reduce the amount of fat on your body.

Unless you are taking drugs and lifting very heavy you aren't going to get body builder arms..
  • JennyBean8
    JennyBean8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hahahahahah! I love your pic!
  • JennyBean8
    JennyBean8 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, I find doing dips, and tricep presses work wonders!
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a dumbell tree! They are awsom! They come in 3 different size weights, and are quite cheap to buy. They really help to tone the batwings :smile:

Love that you called them batwings! I call my ugly arms "chicken wings" LOL -- definitely trying to work them out. ggrrrrrrr :laugh:
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Pick up some heavy things, then do it again, and reduce the amount of fat on your body.

Unless you are taking drugs and lifting very heavy you aren't going to get body builder arms..

^this a million times!
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bingo wings! lifting hand weights is helping me :)
  • MrsMaui27
    MrsMaui27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    the trick is......you must be COMMITED!!! :grumble: 2~sets of 25 with light weights.3 or 4 times a week.:huh: Do your motion slow and SQUEEZE!!! Happt turkey day :drinker:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Love that you called them batwings! I call my ugly arms "chicken wings" LOL -- definitely trying to work them out. ggrrrrrrr :laugh:

I've heard people call them Bingo wings...I don't get it haha.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options

This!! x 1,000,000!!!
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to lift HEAVY!!! Light dumbbells are for sissies. :tongue:

You definitely won't get bulky unless you start taking steroids or something of that nature.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    the trick is......you must be COMMITED!!! :grumble: 2~sets of 25 with light weights.3 or 4 times a week.:huh: Do your motion slow and SQUEEZE!!! Happt turkey day :drinker:

no.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's incredible that women today are still so misinformed on weight training.

Please don't go out and waste your hard earned money on some pink 2lb dumbells!

Lift heavy, eat right and throw some cardio in. You won't become a bodybuilder... I promise.

There are a lot of good (beginner) arm routines on bodybuilding.com. Sift through there and see if you like something. Give it a month or two... if you get JACKED and become a bodybuilder let me know how the hell you managed that! Good luck :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

I've heard people call them Bingo wings...I don't get it haha.

Bingo wings - who plays bingo? Old women. What do old women usually have? Flabby arms.

My advice, or what I'm doing, is lifting weights. However heavy/light you can lift. I focus on shoulder lifts which feel like they hit my upper arms, not just the shoulders. Resistance bands are something new I'm trying since I can't sit still for lifting. Watch your diet. Your arms will look better when your body fat goes down. Mine have a great potato on top and 4 inches of hang off the bottom.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Can anyone give me any advice on how to really tone the back of my flabby arms? I don't need body builder arms but just a nice, slight, definition?

you can waste your time lifting less than what your purse weigh or have nice arms by lifting heavy. Your choice.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Even easier - 3 sets of 5 with 10- 15lbs Don't waste time with barbie weights - you will not get body builders arms from lifting heavy weights - you are not a man.....
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    It's incredible that women today are still so misinformed on weight training.

Please don't go out and waste your hard earned money on some pink 2lb dumbells!

Lift heavy, eat right and throw some cardio in. You won't become a bodybuilder... I promise.

There are a lot of good (beginner) arm routines on bodybuilding.com. Sift through there and see if you like something. Give it a month or two... if you get JACKED and become a bodybuilder let me know how the hell you managed that! Good luck :)

THIS!!!!!:sad: :sad: