Women 5'3" what is your goal weight???

Options

Replies

• SandysNewLife
    SandysNewLife Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    5' 4" am thinking 145 or so. Depends because I dont want to lose anymore in my face.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    This really depends on your frame, how toned you are at the goal weight, and where you hold weight. I'm 5'4" and some other 5'4" ladies on here look spectacular at 130 which was my start weight. It was my start weight here, so yeah, it didn't look so good on me. But with that said I had 2 version of me at 130; one was fat and the other more muscular. The more toned 130 looked far better than the flabbier one. I'm at 120 now 22.9% BF (no idea what my BF was when I started but probably way higher) and I am aiming for 115 lb at lowest. The truth is I'm probably going to stop before I get to 115lbs though because I look pretty good now. I just want to tone some more which may only end up dropping me to like 116-117---I'm open to it. So your goal may not be too low it just depends on your body and how good you are with replacing fat with muscle. Just go at it slowly and don't be afraid to stop somewhere before your goal weight if you think you look good. Scale numbers can really screw with us sometimes. The reality is it is about what we look like naked not what we weigh. If the number is that important to you (not saying it is just saying if it is) you can always lie if someone IRL asks. Outside of MFP where we are trying to be accountable, most people lie about their weight anyway :)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My 10 yo daughter (who is just BEGINNING to "show") weighs about 120 @ 5'4". She is relatively slender for the most part. I realize that she will develop which will add more weight to her optimum weight. As Victoria said, I have gotten to the point to where I don't focus too much on a weight goal (yeah, I look at the scale and still applaud a pound lost here and there) but I focus on body fat percentage mostly. Right now, I am probably between 20-25% and look to get to be about 10-15%.
  • Muslimah1218
    Muslimah1218 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I weigh 209 and my goal is 135.... I don't want to be super thin...
  • TigressPat
    Options
    How much do you weigh in the pic? If that's current, losing anymore would be too thin IMHO.

I'm 5'3 and my realistic goal weight is 140. Possibly 130, but given my frame and muscle mass, any less than that I would look skeletal, which is not the look I am after.

Kudos!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body frame size. If you have a small frame, that sounds reasonable. If you have a large or medium frame, then no it would be too thin.

I am medium frame, 5'2.5" and I weigh 120-125.
  • sstephanrodriguez
    sstephanrodriguez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I started MFP at 140 and am down to 125. My goal was 125, but now I'd like to see if I can get to 120. For an inch taller and 15 lbs lighter? Would be too thin in my opinion!!
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and currently I fluctuate between 118 and 121 depeding on time of day, month, etc. I am happy at this weight. I am running more now, so my butt 'jiggle' is being replaced by muscle, but not really changing in size. I find my waist is smaller. But, I'd rather have a couple extra pounds than be skinny. I'd also rather have visible muscles than worry about weight.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as you can see from the responses it really depends on the person's frame size (yes frame size is a real thing). Being at the low end of the guideline does not make someone borderline too thin. It would not be in the guideline if it was unhealthy, there is a built in margin of error for that already. It's just based on realistic averages of the variation in people. People have a very wide variation, just look around and see the next time you are out. So no one can say that one rule applies to all people, it just doesn't work that way. It is medically inaccurate. People on here apply sweeping generalizations to the entire world population based on their own body parameters and they forget about the existence of variation.
  • donnas144
    donnas144 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    im 118 lbs. 5"3 and my goal 115lbs. i think after this if i still dont feel good (i was this weight ob wedding and felt good) i think i need toning...ive had two children and things dont spring back like they ysed to lok
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    5"3 and I want to get to 125.. Any lower and I look sick.
  • whacky30
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 and a few years ago I was 108 pounds. everyone told me I was tooooo small and I looked sick. I found 115 was when I got the most compliments and told I looked healthy!!! that is what I am going for
  • TillyMomma
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and currently 130 lbs and a size 5. I'm not worried about losing weight, but more focused on maintaining my current weight and toning up a bit. Maybe 5 or 10 more pounds is about all I would want to lose.
  • catlily43
    catlily43 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This pic is me at about maybe 115. Right now I weigh 135.5.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    120lbs is my goal.
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal is 115-120. I would like to build more muscle, and lose the fat so wherever I am pleased with how I look in the mirror is where I will begin maintenance. I just hit 129 yesterday!! 125 is my first GW. :wink:
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and aiming for 120
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and fluctuate between 108 and 110. Some people tell me I'm too thin, others that I don't need to lose anymore, but I'm very happy right where I am. Small frame, still have boobs (34C), not much of a butt (but trying to bulk it up a little with squats and hill walking), size 0-4 depending on the brand. I haven't been 105 since elementary school (6th grade, true story, but I was my current height), so don't think I could go there and know that my friends and family would freak out if I did, but if you look your best there, go for it.
  • hookedonhappiness
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I have a small frame but if I get past 110 I look sickly. Have you tried checking your BMI??
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’3 and 42 years old. At 24 I weighed 125 1bs and looked great! Went through 2 pregnancies with lots of weight gain, but after my babies (and a lot of hard work) I weighed 140 and looked great!! Right now my goal is to get back to 140-145 and accept myself the way I am there. 20 1bs to get there!!!