Replies

• cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    My calves at 16 inches, I'm 5'8" 174.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    My calves are huge, 18.25" of mostly muscle. Would like to see if anyone else can compare. Lol. My boyfriends thigh is the same size ad my calf

That's a lot of muscle. Are you a body builder?
    no I just naturally have big thighs and calves, there's a little fat but not much.

i'm sure that they are probably mostly fat.

so many women and men don't work out their legs thinking that they are muscle, and don't want to make them 'bigger' when in actuality, working out your legs and building the muscle will make them smaller, and have benefits in helping the rest of your body.

it took me a while to realize that squats and dead lifts are pretty much a full body exercise.

unless you can squat your body weight., dead lift 1.5 times your body weight, and leg press twice your body weight, your calves are not mostly muscle.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have 14" calves and wouldn't have known if people on mfp didn't keep bringing it up!

Thinking about it though, I love mine: curvy and fit for purpose (10K with no training(I know, dumb of me) and they didn't mind at all :happy:
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    My ticker gives you a nice comparison to the two red calves :)
    My calves are huge, 18.25" of mostly muscle. Would like to see if anyone else can compare. Lol. My boyfriends thigh is the same size ad my calf

what makes you think it's all muscle??

I was idly wondering the same - unless you can see the calves are two, it's not all muscle.

baby-calves.jpg

Oops. Wrong image.

05.jpg

:bigsmile:
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    My calves are 15 inches and im 72.5 kg and 165cm tall
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If your calves are jagged and veiny, then they are mostly muscle. If not, you'll be surprised how much fat is in them.
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Mine are 19' - buying ski boots really sucks.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    I have 17.5 inch calves. I can almost leg press 300 lbs (290) but I have no idea what I can squat or deadlift. I'm 202lbs and 5'2" female. So good muscle (in my opinion) and way too much fat. But I get better every day.
  • christyjo37
    Options
    Mine are 19' - buying ski boots really sucks.
    you have me beat
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    wow..it's so weird for me to be on the low end of anything.

5'2" , 138 lbs , calf measures 14.25" o.O
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Mine are 15 3/4" right now....I'm 5'8", 207 pounds. I know they used to be much smaller because I have a pair of boots that I can't zip up! That seems so sad to me! LOL
  • Hrcules
    Hrcules Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    18"
    7271199820_a63aa639bf.jpg
    2011-08-01_252008.48.08 by beedo30, on Flickr
  • christyjo37
    Options
    wow, nice
  • janehlansing
    Options
    Mine are 18.25. I used to walk on my tippy toes all the time when I was little. My calves are permanently contracted though.. Its one of the most aggravating about my body aside from the being as big as a side of a house.

Jane
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Mine are 13.5 in
    I'm 5'5" tall
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    mine are 13".. weird because my arms are 11.25" and I wish the arms were smaller lol.. (125lb, 5'6")
  • Cazzy34
    Cazzy34 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My calves are also disproportionate to the rest of me!!! It's just the way i am built :(

I am 5'2", 128lbs and my calves are 17" each! Bloody genetics!

My body fat is around 27% so hoping as i get that down they will decrease in size! Apparently it has something to do with the length of the achilles tendon.

This is interesting >> http://www.superskinnyme.com/causes-of-big-calves.html
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    my calves are at 17.5 and im 192 and 5'2"

mine are 15.75"...I'm 196 and 5'1.5"
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I have 17.5 inch calves. I can almost leg press 300 lbs (290) but I have no idea what I can squat or deadlift. I'm 202lbs and 5'2" female. So good muscle (in my opinion) and way too much fat. But I get better every day.

wow! I am a few lbs lighter, 1/2 in shorter...just started leg pressing like a month ago, and I pressed 218# yesterday. Mine are 15.75"
  • Dina275
    Dina275 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9, 165lbs and my calves are 15".