Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?
    I have 8 in total. One is huge though, and I will have about 12 hours in it when it's done!!
    2. When did you get it/them?
    Got my first one the day I turned 18!!
    3. What did you get?
    Tramp Stamp (yuck), my kids names, my husband's name, a butterfly, two more that I hate, and the big piece I'm getting now.
    4. Any regrets?
    Yup, the two I hate, lol. I have them both covered now!! I'm also not a HUGE fan of my tramp stamp, which is why I had all the names added to it later on, so I wouldn't hate it as much. So now it's bearable, and it helps that it's on my back so I don't have to look at it.
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    1) 12
    2) Over the course of 15 years
    3) Star Wars things, Green Day artwork, cameras, crab, time bomb, straight edge bike rider
    4) Nope. Plans for 10+ more.
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1) 4 in total but will be getting more
    2) Got inked periodically over the last 17 years - i feel old now!
    3) I have a small loveheart, large tribal angel, large blossom tree and some latin as a tramp stamp
    4) Only the heart, i got this done illegally at the age of 14 and its on my chest, unfortunately gravity has not been all to kind to me so my tiny little heart ends up looking like an elongated triangle when i take my bra off, i am in the process of designing a tattoo to cover this
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    ff95037b.jpg

Got it in august
    Says, "Do you suppose you're a wildflower?" It's an Alice in Wonderland quote - It's my inspiration - I want to be a wildflower - beautiful and fierce.
    Only regret was getting it the day before going on vacation with my boyfriends family and not being able to wear a bra the entire time because it was healing
  • ameliesmommy88
    Options
    1. Yup, 2.
    2. My first one 3 years ago, and the last one 6 months ago.
    3. The first one is my daughters name in Thai (I'm Thai) on my neck, and the second one says "Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat" on my forearm.
    4. Nope. Will reward myself with more, when I lose weight :)
  • lexnroomummy
    lexnroomummy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

I have 2..one just above my belly button and one along the edge of my hand
    First one when I was 18 and other over a year ago
    Red devil when I was 18 and my kids names on my hand
    No regrets as such..wish I put more thought into red devil..it's a bit cheesy!..may cover it with something else any suggestions people????
    Would like more - up my foot and around ankle and maybe my wrist too..think I would like one up my side - daisy chain or flowers..
  • NareenaTheGypsy
    NareenaTheGypsy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. yes. Just the one for now.. still waiting for hubby to get his first one so I won't feel so guilty about wanting another one LOL
    2. I got this one Aug, 2006 with a good friend of mine. One of those "I've always wanted to do this" things.. and the artist worked the design out with me over the course of a week so it was completely planned.
    3. It's a custom Cheshire cat image (Alice In Wonderland- animated) that my tattoo artist designed with me. Lots of purple and black. I'll post a pic on my page when I get the chance. I've been wanting to anyway lol.
    4. My only regret is that it's not quite as visible as I'l like it. It's on the outside of my left calf so while wearing shorts, it's great.. but in the cold months, it's completely hidden. It is kind of big (about 5" high I guess) and doesn't look very good when I wear skirts. I tend to wear long skirts or dark pantyhose anyway. Of course on the flip side of that, I can hide it easily too.
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have 2
    Gotten them within the last 3 years.
    One is a hummingbird and the other is Garfield.
    No regrets, I want more.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    1. I have 1 on my leg and it's taken 28 hours to date and about 4 hours left.
    2. 2 years ago
    3. A sword in the ground next to the ocean with a dragon on the back
    4. nope! I can't wait to finish and do my arm.
  • xkdrowex
    xkdrowex Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I have three...
    a tribal/butterfly "tramp stamp" that I am going to have reworked a bit someday but I still like it.. I was 18..
    a big butterfly between my shoulderblades with my kids' names worked into it... when I was 22.
    and this past April I had a 2 session, 9hr hip/rib/side piece with scrolly things, stars, and lilies that I lovvvee. No regrets.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Inside wrist - lotus with my nieces birthday under it . Inside left and right forarm - nieces hand prints from when she was 3 with both her first and middle name under them
    left shoulder blade - Fairy - custom drawn
    Right foot: Some days just look - left foot: better upside down - something that will always remind me of my grandmother
    right collar bone - turtle with a top hat smoking - no regrets the money went to the turtle and seabird rescue in the gulf coast - hard to regret something that went to a good cause.
    Left upper arm - Zombie pinup - with the words: Pretty Piece of Flesh under it - custom piece done by a fantastic artist - no regrets

Every tattoo I have other than the turtle has a lot of thought put into it so I do not regret them. They all have a meaning for a specific point in my life - they tell a story of sorts.
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    1. Yep, I've got 10 starting from behind my ear to the bottom of my foot
    2. First one was my 18th birthday and my last one was maybe a year ago
    3. I have an infinity symbol, aries sign, "**** shoes", "Conquer All Fears", "I'll always be there when you wake", a celtic sun, a black heart, two tattoos that match my best friend's, cherry blossoms
    4. I only regret my wrist tats because they're a bit more tricky to cover if I need to hide them. Otherwise, nope.
  • velmaisvelma
    velmaisvelma Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. I have 8. I got my first when I was 17 and sitting on a pool table. Regrets? A couple. My first: was supposed to be a rose, but guy had a homemade tattoo gun and was high, so it has thick lines, solid color (black) and from a distance looks like a cobra.., Second. Same stupid mistake, same man, different gun, yin yang with fire & blood and looks more like a cracked egg. I have a couple tribal tats I want covered. LOL. I got a professional tat of a dagger with a banner on my right breast, NOT THINKING that as I get older and the more weight I gain, the bigger the boob got the BIGGER the Tat would GGGGEEEEETTTTT....... LOL. It just stretched on down.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. yes, i have 16
    2. got them starting at the age of 18 (so 13 years now)
    3. I have various pieces all over my body...stars on my left ankle, tribute piece on my lower back to name a few.
    4. no regrets on any of them...they all have a special story behind them.
  • JessicaMorganC
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. I have 1 right now and I'm getting my second one in a couple weeks!
    2.I got my first one for my 16th birthday.
    3.I have the words "Stay True" on my wrist & I'm getting a Cherry blossom for a friend that passed on the back of my neck.
    4. I LOVE mine, I think its meaningful and simple.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    1: tigger on insideof ankle
    2: ivy band around other ankle
    3: a mccaw ivy was added after so its kinda sitting on it (regret) covering two small sparrows (regret) will be getting it covered yet again, when i find the right artist
    4: multi colored daisy by belly button
  • Pixie8504
    Pixie8504 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have 13. First one I got about 15 years ago. Last one was this past August. Mostly fairies and vines, but some others as well. No regrets some like better than others but no regrets. Planning on more in the future.
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 3, but one has 6 pieces to it, so...
    2. When did you get it/them? First one at 21, then about 24 and I think the last was 26ish - I'm 32 now.
    3. What did you get? First one was a tribal(ish) butterfly tramp stamp, second is also tribal-ish - a seahorse on my ankle (inside of ankle), and the last one is a cluster of 6 cosmos (a type of flower) on my upper back/shoulder area - it is fairly large.
    4. Any regrets? Yes, but not huge regrets. There are things I would rather have now than what I picked at the time. The first two are very dated. I could cover them up with something way better, but at the same time they have meaning to me and are a part of me so i don't know if I ever will. The flowers - I should have researched my artist better especially for such a large piece. He did a crap job. I managed to get them fixed by someone else. He made them look good, but couldn't do anything about the layout which wasn't donw how I wanted it. Nobody but me can tell and I have had lots of compliments on it, but it could have been a lot better.

I'm always tempted to get more, but I think these mild regrets have kept me from doing it. I also work in a professional environment and if i got another one I'd probably want it on my inner forearm, which would be difficult to hide in summer!
  • dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? I have 12.
    2. When did you get it/them? at various times.
    3. What did you get? i have one memorial tattoo on each foot for my mom. I have a light house and crashing waves on my back. and a right shoulder blade to shoulder tatt with flowers and butterflies, I have frogs,flowers, butterflies, and humming bird on my right leg, and a cross and praying hands on my left leg, and on my left hip i have 3 frogs on a branch.
    4. Any regrets? All my tatts were at a different point in my life for different reasons. My tatts on my right leg are to deal with MS and how it affects my legs. and then of course memorial tatts for my mom. ect.. they all mean something to me and represent times in my life. no regrets.

I have an appt on Saturday for another one :)
  • deadbambi
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? --I've got 1 :)
    2. When did you get it/them? --Last March!
    3. What did you get? --I've got a beautiful blue crescent moon with stars glittered around it ! :) I'm Wiccan, and it's the perfect symbolism for it. <3
    4. Any regrets? Absolutely not! :)