Any 250+lb try C25K?

Options
2»

Replies

• chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I actually downloaded the ease into 5K app. It has 3 days per week, so I take it that I should do every other day? I have been walking 20-40 minutes ont he treadmill 3x's a week and I'm down 20 lbs. Eating 1200 cals per day with no problem and no longing for more.

I just wanna point out that my main reason for taking it so slow was just to take it easier on my joints. I do it 2-3 times a week and I do each "day" 2-3 times. It ends up I usually do a day per week which means I can finish the program in 9 months instead of 9 weeks. Just do it, get started! You'll love it. If you need more time for some weeks, take it. Maybe some weeks you'll need less time. You can do it!
  • coltonsmumma
    coltonsmumma Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I did it this afternoon. My walking speed was at 2.5mph and then my running was between 3.5 and 4. I did the whole W1D1 except on the longer runs, I cut out with about 10 to 15 seconds left.

I was a hot sweaty mess after, but I'm feeling good!!! Thanks for all the advice everyone. I may just work on one day for each workout until I'm able to complete it with no delay.
  • numsquat
    numsquat Posts: 133
    Options
    I started last Feb 8th @ 343lbs, lost 49lbs before I started. Took 10 weeks to complete it. Almost quit many times in the first few weeks. Happy to say I completed it, kept running, and have done several races since, including 2 half marathons (planning on my first marathon next year).

I would give three suggestions:
    1) Get a good pair of shoes. Go t a running store and get properly evaluated and fitted.
    2) Read John Bingham's "Running for Mortals". It will teach you a lot about running in layman terms and will help prevent injuries.
    3) If you think you are running too fast/hard you probably are. You can't run to slow (seriously). The program is designed to get you into enough shape to finish a 5K, not a fast 5K.

Good luck and you can do it!
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I did it this afternoon. My walking speed was at 2.5mph and then my running was between 3.5 and 4. I did the whole W1D1 except on the longer runs, I cut out with about 10 to 15 seconds left.

I was a hot sweaty mess after, but I'm feeling good!!! Thanks for all the advice everyone. I may just work on one day for each workout until I'm able to complete it with no delay.

What I did was on my treadmill I started out with just 30 seconds sprints whenever my heart rate fell back into the 130's. I did that the first three weeks before starting couch 2 5k. I'm on week 2 day 3 now and it has been tough, but doable. My starting weight was 224.8
  • kc_anon
    Options
    I just started this week, I'm 246 right now.
    Few tips:
    good shoes, take an aspirin before hand (if you get shin splints like me), and BREATHE.
  • pet1127
    pet1127 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    in threw the nose and out threw the mouth
    turtles should be passing you in the beginning
    its ok to be slow
    remember when you transition from treadmill to outside it WILL be harder
    NEVER give up