stuck at 120 lbs.

Options
I was 200 lbs. before I became a MFP member. Goin to the gym almost everyday and sticking to 1200 cal helped me lose 20 lbs. in 4 weeks. Now its been 2 weeks but im stuck at 120. Is this normal?

Replies

• schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Similar weight and I was stuck here too. I decided to increase my protein (as a new vegetarian it was lacking) and I noticed a lot of bloating went down, I also started HIIT instead of my usual cardio, which was a fun way to shake things up! If you haven't already, switch up your workout regimen and add some protein?? :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You're stuck at 120 or you lost 20? 1200 calories is pretty low if you you're still 180, sounds crazy but you may need to eat a bit more to get your weight loss going.
  • jbiliske
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! That's a huge accomplishment!

Honestly, for someone who is working out 6 or 7 days a week, 1200 calories is far too low, regardless of your size. How tall are you? Perhaps you could include a little more information on what kind of workouts you're doing (heavy lifting, cardio, classes, etc) and the community could help devise a solution.

Regarding the "plateau", 2 weeks to stall is pretty normal, especially if you're close to your goal.
  • hkfreak9
    Options
    What was I thinking? I mean im stuck at 180 lbs. Used to be 200 and lost 20 lbs. I'm 5'4" btw =)

I do 30 to 40 mins. of elliptical then the rest is strength training.