Thanksgiving dinner

Options

Replies

• hnuzzolilo
    hnuzzolilo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was a little anal about Thanksgiving last year and actually counted calories. No more, I will enjoy the few holidays and family gatherings and enjoy the awesome food. I ate an entire full size PLATE of just desserts. As long as I don't let it turn into a six week orgy of food until New Years I'll be just fine.

LOL - "orgy of food" Thats exactly what would happen if I wasnt strict with myself.
  • mfigurski
    mfigurski Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My dinner and desert was about 1600 calories. I pre-logged it so I knew what it was going in. I did the 5 mile turkey trot in the morning, so even with the 1600 calorie dinner, I did not go over my calories for the day
  • RobynLB
    RobynLB Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Dinner and dessert around 700. Mostly because I don't like mashed potatoes or gravy, and I can't eat stuffing, bread, or pie crust. I had turkey, mashed squash, and refried beans. Then a few bites of pecan pie and a few bites of cheesecake. I ate again 3 hours later, but I also ran 8 miles on the beach that morning.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I read the average Thanksgiving meal is 3000 calories including dessert and drinks. That's what I logged and now I'm moving forward with my life.

Exactly what I did. It's one day. I'll do the same on Christmas.

The rest of the year, I'll track everything.
  • LauriePar
    LauriePar Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    My Thanksgiving day was about 2500 calories and I thought I did really good! I even had the vegetables and the fresh shrimp for the appetizers! I will do about the same Christmas Day probably. Everyone have fun this long weekend! :smile:
  • alaskaang
    alaskaang Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I logged all 4000 calories of it! And dinner was the least of it...... The snacking on crackers, salami and cheese throughout the day while cooking, then desserts and wine are what pushed it over the top! :bigsmile:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    That sounds incredibly sad.
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    My daily surplus was around 800 calories. I debated honoring the regimen I'm on but decided to celebrate the day and not worry about it.

First thing this morning I was back in the gym, and back on plan.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I ate and then was in pain. I'm not used to my thanksgiving meal not. Ding huge. My eyes are still bigger than my stomach. I went a few hundred over my goal That being said I still lost some weight. :)
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I ended up with 4845 calories. then i had pie for breakfast :D
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I did it, Thanksgiving dinner only 459 calories, and I'm stuffed.

That sounds extremely sad and full of anxiety to me. Not my cup of tea. It's only one day and I enjoyed it. In the long run one day of indulgence is nothing. I did, didn't worry about it and will be back on track today with some tasty leftovers that won't get me off track.
  • OMGSugarOHNOS
    OMGSugarOHNOS Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    LOL @ counting on Thanksgiving. But if I guessed I really think I have ate/drank 6,000+ cals since 6pm on Wednesday night.

Wed night: Double Double from in n Out followed by a night bar hopping with the wife
    Thursday Morning:
    -Weighed myself and passed the 90lb total lost mark since may 10th, then ate a banana and went on a 5 mile run
    -Returned from Run and had a huge breakfast - Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, potatoes
    -Football started so I thought the best thing to do would be to pick up from where I left off the night before and start drinking beer again - it's like 10 am at this point
    -Kept drinking beer
    -More beer
    -Thanksgiving Dinner - O wow I only had one plate but man I filled that thing up with every serving and ate the whole damn thing - Stuffed!
    -Somehow was able to continue drinking beer
    -Desert! Huge slice of pinapple cheesecake and a piece of pumpkin pie topped with cool whip
    -Yup more beer
    -Finished the night off with a 24oz Bud Light and a snickers bar then passed out
    -Woke up at 3am this morning felt like I was going to die
    -Now - - somehow made it to work and still feel like I'm going to die :(

Recovery mode in full effect!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I cooked.. I made an all low cal low fat meal.. Turkey, creamed cauliflower, carrot parsnip purée, steamed green beans with toasted hazelnuts and cranberry, quinoa mushroom stuffing.. I made spinach dip with greek yogurt, pumpkin cookies with applesauce instead of butter.. Peanut butter and apples and celery.. Totally novel! I killed in cardio.. Netted 650, but ate 1700 or something.. Had a Great day!
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    LOL @ counting on Thanksgiving. But if I guessed I really think I have ate/drank 6,000+ cals since 6pm on Wednesday night.

Wed night: Double Double from in n Out followed by a night bar hopping with the wife
    Thursday Morning:
    -Weighed myself and passed the 90lb total lost mark since may 10th, then ate a banana and went on a 5 mile run
    -Returned from Run and had a huge breakfast - Eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, potatoes
    -Football started so I thought the best thing to do would be to pick up from where I left off the night before and start drinking beer again - it's like 10 am at this point
    -Kept drinking beer
    -More beer
    -Thanksgiving Dinner - O wow I only had one plate but man I filled that thing up with every serving and ate the whole damn thing - Stuffed!
    -Somehow was able to continue drinking beer
    -Desert! Huge slice of pinapple cheesecake and a piece of pumpkin pie topped with cool whip
    -Yup more beer
    -Finished the night off with a 24oz Bud Light and a snickers bar then passed out
    -Woke up at 3am this morning felt like I was going to die
    -Now - - somehow made it to work and still feel like I'm going to die :(

Recovery mode in full effect!

You Rock!!! Funny> I think I had about the same day as you;-) except no cheesecake-wish it would have been there..
  • jsmithusa
    Options
    I over did it yesterday and that's why I'm here today. I've got to find a way to lose some of that extra weight I picked up. Any tips would be appreciated to get me back on track.
  • SkingIA
    Options
    I over did it yesterday and that's why I'm here today. I've got to find a way to lose some of that extra weight I picked up. Any tips would be appreciated to get me back on track.

it's a common occurrence for me to over do it on the holidays. I found a good blog to help me "recover" from my over eating without feeling depressed. You can find it at this link. http://www.urgravity.com/Blogs/

Good luck.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I thnk I had more than 459 calories licking batter off my fingers making cheesecake last night.

So very unbelievably this! LMAO
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I had that much in cheesecake alone.
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options

Awesome job. You've got me beat. Including my dessert, I had 486 calories and was also stuffed. It feels good to navigate such a holiday, be satisfied and sensible at the same time. :drinker:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Awesome job. You've got me beat. Including my dessert, I had 486 calories and was also stuffed. It feels good to navigate such a holiday, be satisfied and sensible at the same time. :drinker:

How does one "stuff" themselves with <500 calories?