Found some old clothes (pics)

Options
I joined MFP and started this weightloss journey on 8/5/11, I started the Primal/Paleo diet on 12/1/11. I just started exercising about a month ago, and I ran my first mile in my whole life a couple weeks ago. On monday I'm meeting with a trainer to get me started on the stronglifts 5x5 program, and teach my how to properly lift weights so I don't hurt myself.

For the rest of my life I'm going to eat Paleo/Primal, and I'm going to try and weight train to increase my muscle and lean body mass and see if it will help any loose skin before I consider any cosmetic procedure fixes.

Start Weight: 292 lbs (8/5/11)
Current Weight: 169 (11/23/12)
Goal Weight: 160 lbs of steel!

Was deep cleaning the house two days ago and found some old clothes. Decided to try them on!
224522_2058133186699_1645734025_1957942_2178624_n.jpg

IMAG0889.jpg

This pic was taken on my husbands bday 7/22/11, size 22 dress
10069889_7797.jpg

IMAG0891.jpg
This dress is a sz 24. I wore it on my honeymoon.
dress2-1.jpg
IMAG0888.jpg
This is an amazing dress, that while it was a size 16, it fit me when I was 292 lbs all the way to around 220 lbs.

I didn't wear jeans when I was fat cause I thought I looked better in dresses, so while I was a size 24 at my heaviest, My first pair of jeans I bought while losing weight was a size 20.

IMAG0885.jpg

I can fit both my legs in one leg now.

IMAG0898-1-1.jpg

This was my thanksgiving outfit this year. Size Medium top, and size medium leggings. I wear a size 8 pants now.

IMAG0897-1-1.jpg

Everyone should mark this day in history as the first time I've felt comfortable enough to post a photo with my shirt off. My lower belly which is covered by my pants in this photo, looks like I've had a couple babies. So no underwear pics for you guys!

I'm really happy, but I still feel like the same person. Just a better version of myself. When I was heavy I never felt that big, until I look back and try on old clothes etc. Now I don't count calories, I just stick to the paleo diet and try to exercise whenever possible. I've shifted from losing weight mode to maintenance and fitness mode. I think I will reach my ultimate goal of 160lbs with this continued lifestyle, but I'm not racing too it anymore. It will happen in it's own time.

Replies

• JessMySize
    Options
    You look GREAT! You also look very elegant, congrats. :):)
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i just ordered the paleo diet book. how do you like it? i haven't tried it yet, but my dietician thinks that it would be good for my pre-diabetes! let me know....

you look dazzling!! great job! you should be very proud of your progress!
  • Stormyyy
    Stormyyy Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing transformation, well done on your weight loss and your lifestyle change. You rock girl! :)
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I love the diet, I feel like I can eat lots of amazing foods, never deprived. I think it's helped alot of people with pre diabetes and you should give it a shot if your dietitian recommends it!
  • Flutterby6
    Flutterby6 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You look Great! Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed seeing your progress and it gives me hope that I might reach my goal too.
  • barbiek999
    barbiek999 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Wow girl! You look absolutely fantastic! Look at your tiny waist!!!! You looked beautiful before and now you look hot and beautiful!!! Congratulations on your outstanding success and commitment, all your dedication and hard work has obviously paid off! I follow paleo eating as well and just feel so good and healthy! I also hope to add weight lifting in the near future once I get my back and neck issues sorted out with my new phsyiotherapist :)

You inspire me! Thanks so much for posting!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely fabulous, well done you!
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I also never thought that I looked that large unit looking at comparison photos and old clothes. My goal is also 160 and I am almost half there... Keep up the great work!
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success..you look wonderful!

Keep up the great work!
  • Lindseyelizabeth87
    Lindseyelizabeth87 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    What a great post! I love it. :)
    I want to do the same someday hehe. :D
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    WOW,,awesome job!! You look fantastic..
  • phillips0911
    Options
    Amazing!
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    Wonderful success! Thanks for sharing. Better than how you look is how much better you must FEEL! Good for you!
  • stephytavares
    stephytavares Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WOW! INSPRIRING!:smile:
  • carleemaeb
    Options
    OMG!!!!! You look absolutely amazing! Congrats!!
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    WOW U LOOK AMAZING...draw dropping to how much weight youve lost. well done you :drinker:
  • sharkweek
    sharkweek Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job.
  • FairuzyAmanuzy
    FairuzyAmanuzy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thankyou guys!
  • lenniebus
    lenniebus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What a great job you've done, and what an inspiration you are!! So happy for you!
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Awesome Achievement!

2248133jjrd40qwlc.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!