want to keep my boobs

Options

Replies

• xoxaidaxox
    Options
    Im a 38DD i was 32DD when i was thinner... so im hoping when i lose what i gained they are around there. Id even be ok with a D
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    It's way easier to "fake" bigger boobs than smaller hips/*kitten*/thighs/belly.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    actually, as a sort of related aside, if any of you ladies who are well endowed want to look thinner without actually losing weight (and I am in no way discouraging weight loss here!) buy a better bra.
    Most American women are wearing the wrong size.This is because American ideas as to bra size are wrong and American bra makers haven't a clue how to size larger women.
    A proper fitting and a better bra will make you look quite a bit skinnier even if you aren't.
  • sunshine_gem
    sunshine_gem Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body. When I lost 60 lbs previously (put it back on due to medication) I went from a 38DD to a 34E. So while my back got smaller my cup size actually increased. But as others have said, weigh up the difference of losing weight and losing boobs or staying overweight and keeping boobs. That's why they created gel bras, lol!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    Everyone says that the boobs are one of the first things to go when losing weight. I'm a small B and wont be happy if I go back down to an A cup.

A lot of chest work - push ups, pull ups, bench press, etc. It will help you lose the fat but perk them up if you're doing a lot of cardio.
  • TigressPat
    Options
    Depends on your body. When I lost 60 lbs previously (put it back on due to medication) I went from a 38DD to a 34E. So while my back got smaller my cup size actually increased. But as others have said, weigh up the difference of losing weight and losing boobs or staying overweight and keeping boobs. That's why they created gel bras, lol!

your cup size didn't increase. a 34E isn't the same size in the cup as a 38E. it's the same size (cup wise) as a 38D.

so you lost two bandsizes and one cupsize, which isn't a bad proportion, but is still smaller than the size of breast you started out with.
  • sandra152
    Options
    i wish i could lose weight of my bust I am 38 H I may lose it from mt back but never the cup size.I always seem to lose weight from my hips & thighs waist is taking alot longer this time round must be my age (61) good luck with your weight loss
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't tend to lose much from my breasts.....at their largest, at my heaviest they were a G cup but as i've lost in the past they have never dropped below an F cup.....the band size goes down, but that's fine.....they still look great!!

Seems my breasts are the one area I don't carry much excess fat.

just because they stay an F, they are still smaller.

a 32F is two cups smaller than a 36F, just for reference!

Yeah, I think everyone knows this. It's based on the calculation between the rib circumference and the added inches from the breast, so in order for it to be the same cup size when the band goes down the cup needs to go down also. So, while the breasts are smaller, so is the rest of the body making it the same cup size in proportion to the body. It seems like people often miss this point and only focus on the breasts getting smaller, and not seeing that the whole body is getting smaller in proportion. They focus on one aspect and miss the bigger picture.
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Use a bio-identical progesterone cream (it should be administered vaginally only---in order to avoid "dermal fatigue" that comes from just rubbing it on anywhere). It is available over-the-counter at health food stores and at some pharmacies. Kokoro is a good brand (they are not all created equal). Evita is another brand that is approved by the researchers into the use of progesterone supplementation.

Why do we need it when our grandmothers and great-grandmothers didn't? Because the synthetic progestins that are contained in the birth control pill have shut down the natural progesterone production of many a female. In addition, all of the man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics have messed up women's hormonal balance as well. I personally believe that it is why we have so many depressed people. Women get depressed when their progesterone levels drop. Men get depressed when their testosterone levels drop due to xenoestrogens (the technical term for man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics).

p.s. It will not harm men, if their women use the cream vaginally. The men's bodies will convert the slight amount of progesterone they may absorb, into a form that they can use as a precursor to testosterone production. It may actually help counteract the effects of xenoestrogens in men.

:huh:

What did I just read?

I am confused..you put cream in your vajajay to increase your boob size?

^^^^ I'm with these two! :noway:
  • TigressPat
    Options
    I don't tend to lose much from my breasts.....at their largest, at my heaviest they were a G cup but as i've lost in the past they have never dropped below an F cup.....the band size goes down, but that's fine.....they still look great!!

Yeah, I think everyone knows this. It's based on the calculation between the rib circumference and the added inches from the breast, so in order for it to be the same cup size when the band goes down the cup needs to go down also. So, while the breasts are smaller, so is the rest of the body making it the same cup size in proportion to the body. It seems like people often miss this point and only focus on the breasts getting smaller, and not seeing that the whole body is getting smaller in proportion. They focus on one aspect and miss the bigger picture.

Unfortunately not. I mean yes, you are right, but no, most people do not realise this, especially not North Americans, because the bra industry is so messed up. Most people think a DD is huge for example, and that a DD is a DD no matter what the band size without realising that the volume of the cup of a 32DD is maybe half that of the cup of a 38DD.
    Cup size is about proportion, but essentially just because your cup size is bigger than the one you wore before you lost weight does not mean that your breasts actually GREW. the rest of you just shrunk a bit more than your boobs did and changed the proportion (which in my mind is good!)
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Unfortunately not. I mean yes, you are right, but no, most people do not realise this, especially not North Americans, because the bra industry is so messed up. Most people think a DD is huge for example, and that a DD is a DD no matter what the band size without realising that the volume of the cup of a 32DD is maybe half that of the cup of a 38DD.
    Cup size is about proportion, but essentially just because your cup size is bigger than the one you wore before you lost weight does not mean that your breasts actually GREW. the rest of you just shrunk a bit more than your boobs did and changed the proportion (which in my mind is good!)

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I guess sometimes people do think weight loss made their breasts grow (but actually if was just that they got smaller and the breasts stayed the same). The bra industry sizing availability is annoying. I can't purchase in stores because my band is 28, and a 32 is just too big for me. But, I guess they just try and sell the most common sizes for obvious financial reasons.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I think we'd all be happier if we concentrated on what we gained rather than reminiscing of what we've lost.
  • TigressPat
    Options

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I guess sometimes people do think weight loss made their breasts grow (but actually if was just that they got smaller and the breasts stayed the same). The bra industry sizing availability is annoying. I can't purchase in stores because my band is 28, and no matter what a 32 is just too big for me.

applauds you
    It's rare to meet a woman in North America who gets it!
    I say this because I sell specialty lingerie, mostly I do larger cups, but I resize women constantly and I often meet ones like you who are very small boned and I have to twist their arms to get them to even try on 30 bands (i dont carry much in 28 simply because I cannot sell it, because NA women have never heard of anything under 32band!!)
    but even ladies who arent that well endowed often need a 28D or 30C instead of the 34A they are currently wearing. It's ALL about proportion!
    that said, I can give you a lot of places in the UK to shop if you want, or Ebay often works. If you sew, you might want to experiment with a 32 band and equivalent cup (not knowing what size you wear) and chop off a part of the back, though the straps will become more centered towards your spine.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You really don't have any control over that. Doing pushups and other upper body strength regimens can help keep whatever you do have perky, though, which makes them appear bigger. lol.

I ALMOST wouldn't mind losing some, because although mine are a bit "floppier" in general, I've gone from a 42DD to a 36F in size, which means they pretty much stayed the same lol....yeesh.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options

Yeah, I see what you are saying. I guess sometimes people do think weight loss made their breasts grow (but actually if was just that they got smaller and the breasts stayed the same). The bra industry sizing availability is annoying. I can't purchase in stores because my band is 28, and no matter what a 32 is just too big for me.

applauds you
    I say this because I sell specialty lingerie, mostly I do larger cups, but I resize women constantly and I often meet ones like you who are very small boned and I have to twist their arms to get them to even try on 30 bands (i dont carry much in 28 simply because I cannot sell it, because NA women have never heard of anything under 32band!!)
    but even ladies who arent that well endowed often need a 28D or 30C instead of the 34A they are currently wearing. It's ALL about proportion!
    that said, I can give you a lot of places in the UK to shop if you want, or Ebay often works. If you sew, you might want to experiment with a 32 band and equivalent cup (not knowing what size you wear) and chop off a part of the back, though the straps will become more centered towards your spine.

I've actually been looking into just making my own bras. I recently ordered a bra from The Little Bra Company and waiting to see how that fits. I do have some 30 and 32's that fit well enough for me to wear them (maybe because of the cut and I did resew the band and cross the straps in back), and I wear sports bras. Thanks for the ideas!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I'd rather be the way I am with my small Bs than be the way I was with Ds.

Priorities.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Forget it, you can't have both (w/out surgery I'm told)
    At least I can appreciate going braless for the first time in over 30 years.....
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    My abs are worth my AA tatas.
    lol I would take nice abs too over my b
    Yeah this!^
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Welllll, I have never been a large cup size, and I usually end up an A when my fat stores go down...I am a Bish at the moment...never been bigger than a C (preggers)
  • TigressPat
    Options

applauds you

I've actually been looking into just making my own bras. I recently ordered a bra from The Little Bra Company and waiting to see how that fits. I do have some 30 and 32's that fit well enough for me to wear them (maybe because of the cut and I did resew the band and cross the straps in back), and I wear sports bras. Thanks for the ideas!!

I would not recommend making your own from scratch, there are a lot of pieces in a good bra, and the fabric really has to be cut perfectly as otherwise the sizing is way off. Its much easier to modify an existing one, especially if you can buy them cheap. I'm a good seamstress so I actually remove both fastenings of the bra (on both sides and relocate them, but really if you want a quick fix you can sort of fold them and sew them in place or chop them off and resew. You can even move the straps if you need to!