Dear Hubby

Options
Stop Complaining that you had a hard time falling back to sleep after my alarm went off. I'm not to keen about getting up at 6 am either everyday while you get to sleep til 9, and then not getting into bed til after midnight! :grumble: :grumble:

P.s. I still love you , even when your a DorkFish

Replies

• BlazinEmerald
    BlazinEmerald Posts: 842
    Options
    Stop Complaining that you had a hard time falling back to sleep after my alarm went off. I'm not to keen about getting up at 6 am either everyday while you get to sleep til 9, and then not getting into bed til after midnight! :grumble: :grumble:

P.s. I still love you , even when your a DorkFish
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    for 20 years my husband and I worked different shifts
    Talk about time conflicts
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Dorkfish! :laugh: I LIKE THAT!!!
    Yeah I have that same trouble, but mine is earlier.
    HOWEVER, our Golden has started getting up befopre the alarm, So my man is JUST AS HAPPY to let ME take care of him! :tongue:
    --Diann...
  • Jewlz
    Jewlz Posts: 135
    Options
    i'm in the same boat! my husband stays up till 1 or 2 in the morning and sleeps till 10 while i have to wake up at 7. some times i only get 4-5 hours of sleep while he gets a comfortable 8-10 hours. It is actually starting to really get to me. i'm ready to get seperate bedrooms. :grumble:
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    See thing is , usually we both go to bed at 12 , I am trying to sleep , however he feels the needs to talk to the cat , play with the cat , shake the bed every 2 seconds and watch tv. lol I yelled one night , either shut up and be still or go downstairs! So while we both go to bed at 12 he sleeps til 9am and Im up at 6 am , Not cool , ugh

Oh well , such is life :ohwell:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My hubby was mad at me last night too. The baby woke up at 2 am, and the cat was going psycho around my sons toybox, so the first thing I thought was uh oh mouse. I am petrified of mice( why I don't know, I used to have a pet rat and hamster that I used to let crawl all over me), so I woke my husband up, hoping he'd get up with the baby, because I was paralyzed with fear. So after he came out to make sure the coast was clear he couldn't get back to sleep. He was a little grumpy with me after that. I just asked him if he's rather be tired or lose his wife to death by fear lol!!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little like your jealous, dont mean to be mean just seems like that to me....

I'm not taking sides here becasue you know what? Im in your same shoes! When Im not deployed I have to get up at 4:45AM to make it to work around 6:45AM ( long drive about an hour!) then i am usually stuck working overtime until 6:30, drive home, get home by 7:30/8pm depending on traffic, eat, be exhausted, have to get drug out to go grocery shopping, errands, etc which I enjoy usually with my soon to be wifey. Then I usually crash by 10pm, well my better half gets this....

She can sleep until 6:35AM, work 745-415, be home at 5, relax, run errands, stay up late watching those dam gay shows of "reality" (If I see one more show of the hills, or worse yet the stupidest show in the world John and Kate (who I love to hate) plus 8, shes such a beech to him all the time) when i get back I'm cancelling cable all together!) and she stays up until roughly 1130pm sometimes 12.

I try not to get jealous of her, I just realize its just the way of life, my job is demanding and far away but its our gravy. We compromise with shows, compromise is me going to the other room to watch tv, or to just crash out and not worry about it, I tell her to tivo it and watch it when Im not home making dinner so she can enjoy it while im not there and enjoy me when i am, vs me being there in the other room while she watches the devil woman rope in her 8 kids while treating her loving husband like crap and no gratitude! LOL

/end rant! Fact is its just the way life is, I cant change it really, I accept it, I love her the same, shes awesome, and I just try to overlook the whole crappy tv shows, the late night watchings, etc. It's all water under the bridge! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Truth is I kind of miss it right now being deployed and alone for months at a time its crazy what being away from home and family will do to you!
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    lol, I can totally admit that Im jealous he gets to sleep in til 9am. I just get itchy b*tchy when he complains he had a hard time going back to sleep lol Least HE got to go back to sleep :grumble: I just say " awww poor lil baby and pat his head" then run like Hell-o
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Sounds a little like your jealous, dont mean to be mean just seems like that to me....

I'm not taking sides here becasue you know what? Im in your same shoes! When Im not deployed I have to get up at 4:45AM to make it to work around 6:45AM ( long drive about an hour!) then i am usually stuck working overtime until 6:30, drive home, get home by 7:30/8pm depending on traffic, eat, be exhausted, have to get drug out to go grocery shopping, errands, etc which I enjoy usually with my soon to be wifey. Then I usually crash by 10pm, well my better half gets this....

She can sleep until 6:35AM, work 745-415, be home at 5, relax, run errands, stay up late watching those dam gay shows of "reality" (If I see one more show of the hills, or worse yet the stupidest show in the world John and Kate (who I love to hate) plus 8, shes such a beech to him all the time) when i get back I'm cancelling cable all together!) and she stays up until roughly 1130pm sometimes 12.

I try not to get jealous of her, I just realize its just the way of life, my job is demanding and far away but its our gravy. We compromise with shows, compromise is me going to the other room to watch tv, or to just crash out and not worry about it, I tell her to tivo it and watch it when Im not home making dinner so she can enjoy it while im not there and enjoy me when i am, vs me being there in the other room while she watches the devil woman rope in her 8 kids while treating her loving husband like crap and no gratitude! LOL

/end rant! Fact is its just the way life is, I cant change it really, I accept it, I love her the same, shes awesome, and I just try to overlook the whole crappy tv shows, the late night watchings, etc. It's all water under the bridge! :bigsmile: :drinker:

Truth is I kind of miss it right now being deployed and alone for months at a time its crazy what being away from home and family will do to you!

Toooooo funny!!!!:laugh: I love Jon and Kate plus 8 but my hubby hates it too!! She DOES treat him horrible!!!!!!!!
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    My hubby is in the military also. My pet peeve with him is that he sets his alarm for 5:10, rarely even wakes up when the thing goes off, which means that I wake up to it and have to wake him up. He then proceeds to hit snooze ten times and when he finally wakes up he coughs up loogies for a half and hour and runs out the door. The few times that he wakes up for his alarm, I stay asleep and all is well. But, when he pulls that snooze alarm crap I usually end up tellin him I wish I had never married him (not exactly a morning person here) and try to push him out of the bed. Funny thing is, we have these half-asleep knock down drag out fights, and don't even talk about it later in the day. It's like he knows that i'm exhausted and I know that I don't really mean it and we just go on like nothing happened. Ah, the joys of marriage.......NOT
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    See thing is , usually we both go to bed at 12 , I am trying to sleep , however he feels the needs to talk to the cat , play with the cat , shake the bed every 2 seconds and watch tv. lol I yelled one night , either shut up and be still or go downstairs! So while we both go to bed at 12 he sleeps til 9am and Im up at 6 am , Not cool , ugh

Oh well , such is life :ohwell:

Big help: remove the TV from the bedroom. If the bedroom is only for sleeping, then when you go to the bedroom you automatically start relaxing for sleep. Plus, if there's no TV he physically CAN'T turn it on in there. He has to get up and go to another room to be antsy.

We took our TV out of the bedroom years ago. I used to have the worst insomnia and would sit up all night watching TV. Since we took out the TV, when I get in bed, I start dozing off within 15 minutes.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    OMG! Never!!! I love having the TV in the bedroom! BUT it CAN get on my nerves from time to time so I understand the logic. :huh:
  • mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG! Never!!! I love having the TV in the bedroom! BUT it CAN get on my nerves from time to time so I understand the logic. :huh:

Honestly, when we took it out, I didn't even notice it. Outside of my insomnia watching, I only ever watch the tube in the family room anyway. So, it just took away the distraction and I allowed my brain to shut down. I'm a big news/politics junkie, and since it's all on 24-7 now, I kept it on 24-7. Now I actually get to sleep!

:wink:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    The same thing happens at my house every morning that he is home. I get up at 6, and he sleeps until noon! lol Oh well..sometimes I get a little pissy about it, and yes I AM jealous.
  • barracudamuscle
    Options
    I hate the dam snooze button!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one, to me I'd rather sleep really good and deep and then wake up later right away then constantly fight to go back to sleep for an extra 8 mins at a time. My lovely fiance likes the snooze button like I like free sample day at costco, It is so annoying!! Luckily as I said most times I get up before her anyways.

To get her to get up in the mornings early on the weekends to run errands, or to be at the airport early so we can catch the sun rise over the grand canyon is like pulling teeth. I play the game though. I give her 26 minutes to get out of bed, then I short sheet her, come up and just start kissing her all over like crazy to annoy her ( doesnt always work as planned) then I start blowing fart noises on her tummy or back really loud, then if that fails I play chinese torture, Ill pull her eye lid open and go, God I love your eyes, if only I could see the other one, then Ill pull the other one open, do the same thing then go "oh thats right I can open both of them at the same time" LOL This is my last ditch effort when we really have to get going. But usually I'll pick her up out of bed, carry her into the bathroom, halfway there shes screaming saying " I was getting up" And I laugh back and say " You have about 5 paces to wake up before I drop you!

Ok so I'm not a morning person either, espescially no weekends but when we have things/places to go and have to get up early, shes so hard to get out of bed, although some days she surprises me and is up and rolling rather quickly!
  • barracudamuscle
    Options
    Toooooo funny!!!!:laugh: I love Jon and Kate plus 8 but my hubby hates it too!! She DOES treat him horrible!!!!!!!!

Yea this is why I keep telling her just so she knows were buying an airplane before we even think about popping out any kids. The airlplane wont treat us bad, and then if she does go crazy like that annoying lady they love to call Kate I can goto the airport, fly up to vegas in an hour an a half and get away from her!:laugh: :bigsmile:

She gets mad when i say that, saying you think Ill turn mean? I say no but either did he before he sentenced himself to a lifelong of servitude to that devil lady! I dont want to take any chances! LOL I love to get her riled up, shell be a great mom, she does a great job washing my truck, I think it will cross over to planes no prob, :laugh: and shes almost getting good enough to fly for me when I need to look at maps and frequencys!