From hating to loving RUNNING :)

Options
2 months ago I hated (and I mean HATED) running! Running 1 minute intervals was unbelievably hard and I would dread it alllll day long.

But yesterday I ran (well, OK I jogged) 3 miles in 37 minutes! I was going to walk the 3 miles back to the beginning of the trail, but after 2 miles I couldn't stand it anymore... I had to run! So I ran another mile and loved every minute of it. Being on the trail is the only thing I think about when I'm at work or lounging on the couch.

Just thought I would share in case you find yourself struggling to get started :heart: .

Replies

• EmmaleighM
    EmmaleighM Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    love this... I am the same way.. I HATE running!! Seriously, running for 30 seconds makes me want to die! This makes me want to try again!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    ME TOO!!! I ADORE IT NOW!
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    love this... I am the same way.. I HATE running!! Seriously, running for 30 seconds makes me want to die! This makes me want to try again!

You should, it's so rewarding :)
  • mm367831
    Options
    Ever since I got off the treadmill and realized how fun running is outdoors, I've been hooked on running!
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ever since I got off the treadmill and realized how fun running is outdoors, I've been hooked on running!

Yes! I will only run on the treadmill if the weather is bad. I love running new places, it keeps it interesting!
  • _jk0g_
    _jk0g_ Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I started running. But at the time I was very over weight. Running has been the one thing that has really taken the weight off. Plus I love how I can clear my mind and just get lost in the music.

Keep running!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options

Yes! I will only run on the treadmill if the weather is bad. I love running new places, it keeps it interesting!

Ditto, since I started running on the trail by the river near my house, I've just loved it. Running for an hour is enjoyable and kind of liberating, versus the treadmill that just seems like a bunch of boring work.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I use to hate running. That was a year ago. I remember my first day of running. It was November 29, 2011. I remember saying, "What in the world are you doing." I'm running marathons now and when I go out on long 16 and 18+ long runs, I still say to myself, "What in the world are you doing." LOL! It becomes more and more fun after every run.
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I ran my first 5k yesterday in 36:00 and am so happy with that. I graduated c25k several months ago but had no plans to do a 5k until one day I got the idea & signed up with a friend. It was so fun & felt good to accomplish that with a group of people. I'm so glad you love running now! I do too!
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    I love it!!! Ran 8 miles this morning in the rain, wind, and cold!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get to that point. You all give me inspiration.
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Once you fall in love with running it's a whole different running race. Well done you!!!
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a great run. I used to be exactly the same and love it now. Running is seriously addictive and I never believed that until Ifelt it myself x
  • mysterycookie
    mysterycookie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm trying to enjoy running more. So far I can run about a mile and a half, but I really want to be able to run a 5k. I wanna be fast!

I may start c25k
  • Susantuti
    Susantuti Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    2 months ago I hated (and I mean HATED) running! Running 1 minute intervals was unbelievably hard and I would dread it alllll day long.

But yesterday I ran (well, OK I jogged) 3 miles in 37 minutes! I was going to walk the 3 miles back to the beginning of the trail, but after 2 miles I couldn't stand it anymore... I had to run! So I ran another mile and loved every minute of it. Being on the trail is the only thing I think about when I'm at work or lounging on the couch.

Just thought I would share in case you find yourself struggling to get started :heart: .

Thank you!!
  • chefitup123
    Options
    Bump
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,284 Member
    Options
    About 10 months ago I use to hate to run too but now I just love running! You put on your headphones and just start running! I could run EVERY day if I could.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

What a wonderful post!!! Running is incredibly liberating and it always makes me happy when people embrace this amazing , amazing way to use our bodies.

And congratulations on your run..even more kudos for not doing it on a treadmill :-)
  • noturninback
    noturninback Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    inspiring :)
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I hope I can follow your example. I'm doing running as a sport for my coursework (sports science) and pray I can improve by our final measurements in a few months (we'll be doing the beep test and balke test).

How much did you do a day, usually? Time-wise o.o