Vegetarian Ideas

Hi!

Does anyone have any good Vegetarian recipes they would like to share?

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Homemade-Black-Bean-Veggie-Burgers/Detail.aspx I made this black bean burger last night, and it was great! I am going to make more tonight to have for lunches.
  • AllezCheryl45
    AllezCheryl45 Posts: 22 Member
    I was just reading in a magazine about the benefits of nuts. One of the suggestions was to replace chicken in salads with 100 grams of cashews. I often eat spinach lettuce with chicken. I tried it with cashews instead and it was REALLY good! Very filling.
  • EmilyStrick
    EmilyStrick Posts: 267
    we eat vegetarian most of the time...grilled portobello mushrooms with white bean puree and red wine sauce....potato/mushroom/pea curry empanadas with egg roll wrappers...roasted root vegetables with soft polenta...sweet and sour tofu/veggie stir fry....salads...toasted french bread topped with sauteed spinach and poached eggs...just a few yummy (and surprisingly easy) ideas!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    I'm not vegetarian, but I make this for my kids all the time and they LOVE it.

Mix together --
    whole grain brown rice
    black beans
    diced tomatoes

I sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and it's pretty good.
  • I love cooking vegetarian gourmet food. I have tons of cookbooks but I find my best recipes by going onto food and wine's web site and under chefs and recipes I put in the main ingredient I want to use for example beans and then for preferences I narrow the search to vegetarian and staff favorite. I love the recipes I've found there.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Any vegans out there?
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    make fajita salads! sooo good!

greens, black beans, grilled veggies! last night i had portobella mushrooms, bell peppers and onions. and of course guacamole!

food.jpg
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Any vegans out there?

i'm trying. so far i think i am 99%. not sure if the bread i have eaten places have been 100 vegan...
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Any vegans out there?

Not quite, but I'm getting closer :wink:
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Get closer!!!!!:wink:
  • 100% vegetarian; mostly vegan; sometimes raw vegan here.
  • bumping this for later!