When is the best time to ....

Options
Exercise?

Is it in the morning before breakfast? After breakfast? Afternoons? Evenings? Is there a particular time in the day when its best to get your workout done? Or is it whenever you can squeeze it in?

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Whichever is most convenient for you. Getting it done is more important than when. :)

I prefer early in the morning, mainly so that I can finish before going to work.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    When you feel like it..like me.
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    Okay, good! I tend to feel like it at the strangest hours. Like around 2 - 3 am. Since I've been having difficulty sleeping I might as well do something productive while I'm up during those hours :)

Thanks!
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    When ever I muster the will and determination to do it, it's a far cry from a "normal routine" for me.
  • miley89
    Options
    Exercise first thing in the morning before your brain realises what you are doing =)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Any time! Kudos to you for getting up and doing it around 2am! Wow.
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    Oh I'm not getting up at that hour to do it. I'm already up! I don't go to bed until anywhere between 3 am and 6 am. Though today is going to be ... now! I've been up all night!
  • MJEekhoff
    Options
    Exercise first thing in the morning before your brain realises what you are doing =)

Ha! Good idea!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Okay, good! I tend to feel like it at the strangest hours. Like around 2 - 3 am. Since I've been having difficulty sleeping I might as well do something productive while I'm up during those hours :)

Thanks!

Whenever it works for you. I don't get insomnia very often, but I remember the last time I had it I went running at 2am, and that took care of it.
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    It really depends on your schedule, I'm a morning person....so my workout schedule is about an hour and a half starting at 5:00. This gives me energy throughout the day.

Set a time for yourself and be consistent with it for about a week...see if you're comfortable with that, if your free time varies, then just squeeze them in as possible. Goodluck!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Timing doesn't matter. Gettin' it done does.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    My work schedule varies from day to day and week to week. So, my exercise schedule varies, too.

Lately, I have been finding late afternoon is a great time for exercise, and I end up eating less because I'm out exercising rather than sitting around thinking about how hungry I am.