50 yrs old to lose 80 lbs. +

Options
2»

Replies

• AllisonB145
    AllisonB145 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi G-Maw, feel free to add me if you like!
  • tdsmith024
    Options
    Hey Gmaw, I am in your exact position. I am 52 and need to lose approx. 80 pounds! I am just starting but need the emotional support from people like you and others. I am with ya and let's make this happen! I have 7 grandchildren and would love to have more fun with them when they visit and I know losing the weight will make a world of difference in my health and energy level. I am just starting a very mild exercise plan but could use any suggestions anyone has to help. Thanks for listening everyone!
  • wilmawm
    wilmawm Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi G-maw, I'm a 56 year-old shorty and I started pretty much where you are. I've lost 78 pounds and am working on the last 2 to hit my goal. I'm living proof it can be done! I've changed the way I eat and I now exercise regularly - mostly walking. I love the support i get from my MFP friends; I'm going to send you an invite. :)
  • philomen
    philomen Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: going to the same place in the same boat.Lets be friends
  • tlh523
    Options
    Gmaw, I was where you are a few years ago. At the time I was a 57 year old male, weighing in at 260 pounds. Keep vigilant and encouraged, and don't let anyone discourage you. What worked for me was a low calorie diet of 1200 - 1500 calories and some light exercise...everyone has their own way on what works for them. Once I got focused, I was able to lose 3 pounds a week and over time I was able to trim down 60 pounds. This last year I have added an additional 15, which I am in the process of working off. Good luck with your plan, I wish you the very best. Please feel free to reach out to me if it helps....Tim
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I am 57, 5'3, started out about a year ago at 170, followed the program religiously until June got down to 135, now I am back up to 146 lbs. I am strting over & would like to be friends., I think I can motivate you & you can motivate me.
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi G-Maw, I am 55 and looking for support to help me keep off my weight. I am looking to support other people too. I read you like to hike but find it difficult. After breaking my ankle and after it was better I took up Nordic walking or also known as pole walking. Later on I broke the same foot and just went back to it. It might be something you might want to try. It would help give you support and burns alot of calories. It is a full body workout. Check it out on the web. Oh I am Canadian. Friend me if you would like to support each other. Good luck on your weightloss journey. Cynma

I'm just starting to learn the Nordic Walking style but am unsure how to log it on MPF. Any suggestions? I too am Canadian and have over 100lbs to go still.