Insanity and belly fat

Options
I recently started Insanity last month I am on my second phase and it's an intense work out I and I love the challenge. I count calories and seem to stick to 1800-1900 a day I am around 170 and 5'3 I did P90x before this and i seemed to have gotten stronger not really lose the fat in the area i want to like my stomach I only lost about 5 pounds on insanity and have gotten toner I guess people do second rounds of these work outs for better results. My only problem area is my stomach I have toned legs and arms, I work for UPS part time and Insanity gives me more energy for work . I use whey protein and wish I could afford Shakeology (could really help with my sweet tooth) .
My question is for the females out there or anyone with stomach fat issues. I want to lose another 30 pounds in the stomach region it's frustrating and I have even started running I use to go to the gym before doing these programs I love to lift but like I said it's all in the stomach region. Is insanity going to build muscle over the fat so it's harder to get rid of ? Or is this untrue? Would running help with the insanity to get rid of the belly fat.? I eat healthy and stay between 18-1900 calories a day i wish I could eat less but with work and working out it's impossible I would be so hungry. I am hoping with the ab work out in Insanity it will help out and i am going for a second round, maybe i should do insane abs every other day.. I do admit i have cheat days and i love sweets I know maybe I should cut my carbs too. I am at 40%, protein 40% and 20% fats. My second round of Insanity I can't cheat anymore. I know i am losing weight i was at 210 two years, so something is working I started counting calories and quit drinking all together. Thanks for any advice I can sure use it. I just have to keep doing what I am doing.

Replies

• charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Maybe try limiting the sweets as much as you can, insanity is great! You have to lose most of the belt fat before you can see the muscles. Just keep up your hard work, you will get there.
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Is insanity going to build muscle over the fat so it's harder to get rid of ? Or is this untrue? Would running help with the insanity to get rid of the belly fat.? I eat healthy and stay between 18-1900 calories a day i wish I could eat less but with work and working out it's impossible I would be so hungry. I am hoping with the ab work out in Insanity it will help out and i am going for a second round, maybe i should do insane abs every other day.. I do admit i have cheat days and i love sweets I know maybe I should cut my carbs too. I am at 40%, protein 40% and 20% fats. My second round of Insanity I can't cheat anymore. I know i am losing weight i was at 210 two years, so something is working I started counting calories and quit drinking all together. Thanks for any advice I can sure use it. I just have to keep doing what I am doing.

No sweetheart, anatomically it is not possible to build muscle over fat. It's bones, muscles and then fat. So your muscles maybe developed or in the process, but there's just still stubborn fat over it. Don't worry, eventually the muscle will get more developed and bigger and burn the fat away. It takes time :) Way to go regarding your progress so far!

Running will only help in burning more calories, but there's no trick to spot reducing. The body burns fat wherever, and sadly, we are at our body's mercy lol. But eventually, it will reach your belly, and you will lose fat there too. Just keep where you are at, you are doing so well! All the best!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm doing insanity as well, just finished my first week. Just keep doing what you're doing and eventually the belly will go down. I have the same issue and it seems to be the last place to leave LOL. Don't deny yourself of all sweets but just have a little bit on occasion. Are you following the meal plan? I'm currently not but might for the second month. Good luck girl
  • Katfor508
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the advice, I am not going to get frustrated I just have to clean up the eating and keeping pushing play =) .
  • Katfor508
    Options
    Good luck with your insanity journey yourself, it feels so great at the end of every workout.