need tips on how I can lose the 2-lbs or more a week.

Options
I have been really good in keeping up with my calorie count and being exercising at least 6 days a week and I am the same weight for the past 2 weeks...can someone please give me some tips on how to lose more weight..it seems that I am doing what I am suppose to, but it is not working. I eat fruits, vegetables and lean meat if I eat meat there is got to be something else i can do to reach my GOAL..I am 215 lbs and want to lose another 35-40 lbs by my birthday in March...need help:cry:

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking measurements?
  • dakasi1
    Options
    I have and I have lost a few inches and my clothes fit better, but I wish I could lose more weight faster.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Increase the intensity of your exercise.

If you are not dripping sweat by the time you are through, you're not working out hard enough. For me, I have to sweat to lose weight. My fat laughs at non-sweat workouts.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    eat clean, weigh food, and do cardio ;-)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have and I have lost a few inches and my clothes fit better, but I wish I could lose more weight faster.

Do you carry the scale with the last recorded weight on your back, along with a sign stating what the previous weight was?

Or do people just see how you look in clothes?

Working our very hard 6 days a week is counter productive for weight loss, do it wrong, even fat loss.

You are exercising and asking your body to make improvements, few of which result in weight loss, done wrong even muscle loss.

Diet is for weight loss and hopefully just fat loss.

Exercise is for heart health and body improvement, and may hinder or help weight/fat loss.

Are you eating enough for your level of activity? Doesn't matter if you feel full - is your body fully fed for what you are asking it to do?

Are you following MFP the way it's intended?
    Meaning, you have a deficit in your daily goal whether exercise or not.
    If you do exercise, to keep the same deficit, you eat back your exercise calories.
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    eat clean, weigh food, and do cardio ;-)

This.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Do 20 burpees every morning and drink nothing but water.

SODA is the DEVIL!!!!!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're getting enough water. Also take a good look at your diet. Is the fat high? Is the salt high? Also sometimes it just happens for no reason and it will start going down again.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    How about measuring and weighing all your portions and intake. Works for me.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    but it is not working.
    I have and I have lost a few inches and my clothes fit better

sounds like it's working to me......
  • saadatuh
    Options
    that happened to me and then i took lots of watermelon and voila!2kg gone and i do eat other things.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    that happened to me and then i took lots of watermelon and voila!2kg gone and i do eat other things.

what???????

:huh:
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    the only tip that is going to work for you...

hard work and dedication

no magic wands, pills, or miracles...
  • ksumme
    ksumme Posts: 283
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so we can't offer advice from that. I know many say it is enough to stay in your calories. But for those of us who have had significant weight issues, we must eat very 'clean'. Any alcohol will stall me, even if I am staying in calories and getting exercise. Mix up your exercise, too. Our bodies can get 'too' efficient. It will learn how to burn fewer calories to do the same work day in and out. Walk with some jogging intervals one day, use a cycle anx push hard another day. Use stairs or bleachers. Incorporate a couple of days with intense circuits that include both cardio and resistence. (ie. squats with weight, lunges, push-ups, crnuches, etc.) Wall sits while doing bicep curls is also good!

Good luck!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    your food journal is locked so everything thrown out here is a pointless guess. open up your profile so people can review what you're doing to give you an educated answer.
  • Mrsbrandnewmeslimandtrim
    Options
    bump
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yup, let us see what you are eating (your diet is way more important than your exercise regime)