Foods that are under 200 calls?!?

Options
Hey guys, I only have 200 calories left but I'm absolutely starving! Could you give me some foods that I could have? Thanks!

Replies

• wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    *gives food*
  • takumaku
    takumaku Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Non starchy vegetables.

Amaranth or Chinese spinach
    Artichoke
    Artichoke hearts
    Asparagus
    Baby corn
    Bamboo shoots
    Beans (green, wax, Italian)
    Bean sprouts
    Beets
    Brocolli
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts
    Cabbage (green, bok choy, Chinese)
    Carrots
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chayote
    Coleslaw (packaged, no dressing)
    Cucumber
    Daikon
    Eggplant
    Greens (collard, kale, mustard, turnip)
    Hearts of palm
    Jicama
    Kohlrabi
    Leeks
    Mushrooms
    Okra
    Onions
    Pea pods
    Peppers
    Radishes
    Rutabaga
    Salad greens (chicory, endive, escarole, lettuce, romaine, spinach, arugula, radicchio, watercress)
    Sprouts
    Squash (cushaw, summer, crookneck, spaghetti, zucchini)
    Sugar snap peas
    Swiss chard
    Tomato
    Turnips
    Water chestnuts
    Yard-long beans
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    you could have a bowl of cereal with almond milk!
    a lot of cereals are way under 200 calories (with milk, assuming almond since reg milk is high in calories)

or oatmeal (150 calories for 1/2 cup and you can add whatever you want to it like a little bit of fruit) very filling
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Or you eat more than 200 and exercise then (or before) :)
  • willwillywilson
    Options
    Swai?
  • cereal
    vegetables fruit ect
    jelly
    low fat yoghurts
    raisins
    even a little bowl of porridge made with water very filling and could add spices
  • darisey
    darisey Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A big bowl of rice with broccoli and cauliflower mixed in!
    1/4 cup extra long grain rice makes about a cup =160 calories
    1 cup steamed broccoli & cauliflower mix =25 calories
    185 total. You could put a little butter in there or more veggies to bring it up to 200. Very filling!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    How about good olld fashioned instant cereal it fills you up the price is right too. It is comfort food for me. I like to add Cinnamon.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I only have 200 calories left but I'm absolutely starving! Could you give me some foods that I could have? Thanks!

One, if that is you in your profile picture, you can afford to eat a few calories over your limit(remember, your limit is set under maintenance, so if you eat to Maintenance, you are still ok).
    Two, it is fine to go over your calorie goal from time to time, if your body is telling you are really hungry, feed it.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

One, if that is you in your profile picture, you can afford to eat a few calories over your limit(remember, your limit is set under maintenance, so if you eat to Maintenance, you are still ok).
    Two, it is fine to go over your calorie goal from time to time, if your body is telling you are really hungry, feed it.

^^^ This
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Any food you can think of, it's the portion size that will change
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    First make sure your goal is set to MORE than 1200 calories...then REACH that goal.

You're probably "starving" because you are literally starving....

If that's not the case, feel free to open your diary so we can see what you're really eating and give more tailored advice. But usually when someone is starving, they're eating way too little...
  • BamaJohn3
    BamaJohn3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    A medium baked potato would work - instead of butter, I use Crisco Butter Flavored Cooking Spray - works great!
  • keelz2010
    Options
    Pop to the shop and treat your self to a bag of malteasers or a crunchie, less than 200 cals