Social MFP suicide!

Options
Hi Gang

I am invited to a wedding tomorrow and need urgent help!
I know it will be a fully formal 8 course meal!

I cant exactly calorie count.......What do I do????

Replies

• tattoogrrl28
    Options
    Make the most healthy choices you can, but don't obsess about logging everything exactly perfect. Take the day off and enjoy the wedding :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day. Don't worry about it or try to log it. Get back on plan the day after. It's just one day. Nothing to worry about.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Just enjoy yourself and get back on track the following day. Everything will be okay.
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    You know when you're full. Stop eating at that point.

Eat small amounts of everything, so you can enjoy all the things.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    1) Before you go to the wedding, write in your notes section of your diary "at a wedding" log the day and forget it. Day over as far as logging is concerned.

2) Go to wedding.

3) Eat a bit of everything. Drink some champagne. Tell the bride she is beautiful and tell the groom he is a lucky man.

4) Enjoy. Have a dance or two if you want. Boogie the night away if you are inclined to do so.

5) Get up the next day, have some headache tablets to fight the champagne demon and begin logging again.
  • johnieC
    Options
    yup, consider it a cheat day & don't sweat trying to count/ log it. Enjoy the day & get back on track the next day.
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the day. Eat everything you like but in smaller portions if you can. Have fun.
  • Crayvn
    Crayvn Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    dont eat everything at each course. eat half or less. moderation is key. limit yourself to one beer, wine or mixed beverage..sip on it.
    have a bite or two of the wedding cake...enjoy and have fun!!
  • wildflower0872
    Options
    Dance it all off!!!
  • mrstravisjones
    mrstravisjones Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    one thing that could help... aside from making the best food option choices there... would be the 2 bite rule. with everything you eat (healthy or not) leave 2 bites on your plate. at the end of 8 courses, depending on how bad the food is, you're sure to have avoided at least a few hundred calories. and with that many courses, i'm sure you'll still be full.

don't deprive yourself of having the food there, just cut back the amount.

and keep the alcohol down to no more than 2 glasses for the whole evening.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    ^all of this*...

...except when you get home, take your best guess at what you ate/drank and log it...not so much for your benefit, but so your friends can laugh at your attempt at drunken logging. Send some random drunken MFP comments, maybe reply to a post or two, and then get back to normal the next day.

*ETA: except for the advice to intentionally leave food and not enjoy all eight courses.
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Don't eat eight courses.
  • trikomo
    Options
    Thanks team!

I'm probably going to go with eating half portions
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    ^all of this...

...except when you get home, take your best guess at what you ate/drank and log it...not so much for your benefit, but so your friends can laugh at your attempt at drunken logging. Send some random drunken MFP comments, maybe reply to a post or two, and then get back to normal the next day.

^this

so much fun
  • JeffinRaleigh
    Options
    ^all of this*...

*ETA: except for the advice to intentionally leave food and not enjoy all eight courses.
    Solid advice - especially the drunken logging. :laugh:

Seriously though I would log as best you can, and enjoy the day.
  • pinky_pie
    Options
    I agree with all of the above, especially the drunken logging bit - because that's always fun ;)

Enjoy yourself and congrats to the newlyweds :)
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    1) Before you go to the wedding, write in your notes section of your diary "at a wedding" log the day and forget it. Day over as far as logging is concerned.

2) Go to wedding.

3) Eat a bit of everything. Drink some champagne. Tell the bride she is beautiful and tell the groom he is a lucky man.

4) Enjoy. Have a dance or two if you want. Boogie the night away if you are inclined to do so.

5) Get up the next day, have some headache tablets to fight the champagne demon and begin logging again.

i totally agree!! small bites of everything...be careful with the alcohol because your body may not be used to it...you may wake up like i did after a recent wedding....training for a 10k ( never ran in my life) ....looking for somewhere to throw up!! have fun...its one day not a lifestyle!! ENJOY!
  • TashiaMH
    TashiaMH Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it. It's a special occasion. Get back on track the day after.
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Don't eat things just to be polite. Choose the things you really want and eat/drink them in moderate portions. Enjoy yourself. Get back to it on Monday.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options

2) Go to wedding.

Couldn't have said it better myself....