Do you guys feel guilty after Thanksgiving?

Options
I've been waiting for Thanksgiving for so long. I ate a lot on Thanksgiving but it's been two days now and I feel so guilty. :sad:

Replies

• sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Not in the slightest
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Nope, no guilt. I ate what I ate, it was a lot and it was glorious. I was back in the gym and eating right the next day....
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    nope sure dont... woke up yesterday worked out... woke up this morning and worked out and will do the same tomorrow
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Nope no guilty. It's not like I'm on a diet or anything, just a lot more sensible about portion control.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Why the guilt?
    This is supposed to be a lifestyle change and you still have to live in the real world. If you feel guilt for a day of indulgence with family and friends then this is more like a punishment plan and food is a guilty indulgence rather than a fact of life. Our social culture does tend to revolve around food to an extent and it's ok to moderate most of the time and indulge infrequently without the guilt.

Lettuce is not a corporal punishment and cake is not a reward. They are both food and both appropriate at different times.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    No need to feel guilty. I worked out in the morning which helped me stay under my calorie goal:)
  • deanjou59
    deanjou59 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I know this is easier said than done, but try to let the guilt go. Part of having a healthy relationship with food is to not feel guilty after eating, even when you do not eat so stellar. It is one day...you should enjoy it! It is a lifestyle change and being healthy is a lifelong journey.....just pick up and keep moving forward on your healthy journey...and remember, detours will happen!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Not at all. I ate 4,700 calories, did not work out for them and enjoyed every single calorie.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    why? is it adding to your life in some way? enriching?
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    no guilt, a bit puffy though! Lol ~ Corina
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Why would I feel guilty? I did exactly what I planned to do.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Not one bit. I ate good but did not go nuts. I had what I wanted and even seconds. Two days later still at the same weight as before Thanksgiving.
  • tattoogrrl28
    Options
    I feel guilty that I was too busy obsessing about calories and food to enjoy time with my family.
  • DKWaggoner
    Options
    No guilt here- I ate more than usual and things I dont usually eat, then next day back to my norm & exercise..
  • BattlingMaxo
    BattlingMaxo Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty but of course I try not to go ove my maintenance, but i did have a small piece of apple pie (only for the holiday )
    All that sugar is gotta be bad, even though i feel guilty about that
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Nope and not for the two days after either:)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Nope and I ate two big meals along with some pie. Didn't work out the day after. Weighed into today and only gained less than a pound. Winning.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Nope and I ate 2000 calories over! As long as you are usually good who cares, it's one stinking day :)
  • slowturtle1
    slowturtle1 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'll feel better when I lose the 2 pounds I gained. The only thing that bothers me (not necessarily guilty, just bothered) is that I ate things I didn't even want and didn't like, just because I felt I had to (as a guest). It's a mindset that I haven't changed yet, but I'm working on it!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Why would you feel guilty? Is it because you feel sorry for the turkey?