New too

Options
Hello all,

My name is Michelle and I am so glad that I came across this site. I have about 30 pounds to lose. I have had a hard time finding balance in my life. It is hard to find balance between school, work, family and health. Unfortunately, health has come last. I think that if I put my health first, it will be easier to find balance with everything else. Hopefully I will also start feeling better about myself.

I just got back from my honeymoon and felt awful the whole time. I didn't feel comfortable in a swimsuit and had really low energy levels. I want to go away with my husband again and feel great! That is my goal. To take a second honeymoon and feel incredible about myself. I am also looking at completing a few running races.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm also looking for some friends to keep me on track and accountable!

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Michelle

Replies

• GreenieBean
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. It is so hard to have fun and enjoy the good things in life when you are too worried about how you are looking in your own skin.

You definitely came to the right place though. Everyone here is incredible and so helpful! This is really the right way to lose weight too. A good diet and exercise will keep off the weight for good!

Good luck to you!!
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place to get started when you want to make health a priority!
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    welcomefq.gif Michelle! I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy your honeymoon as much as you should have.

Stick w/ MFP and you'll be feeling great for your 1 year!
  • keeno67
    keeno67 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You've found the right place. I feel very forturnate to be here......Good Luck!!....:smile:
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is a great way to get started and meet people who are in the same boat as you. You'll find plenty of support and useful information that will help you reach your goals. Give it your all and you will succeed! You can do it! Good luck!
  • Challenger71
    Options
    Welcome me too to MFP...I am new too! I have had some success having lost 40 pounds since last February! Finding balance is tough and this is a great place to start..so keep up the good work...
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. always looking for a friend to share success and tough times with too.