Which bread is ok?

Options
2»

Replies

• shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel has the right balance of amino acids to provide a complete protein and is generally low fat, cholesterol, trans fat, sodium, etc. I also like the taste of it! The cinnamon raisin is so good.

This one!
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten bread in 6months and miss it so much!! Which is the best bread out there to eat with still losing weight? I've heard some people talk about ezekiel bread..anyone tried it? I'm thinking of sometimes having toast for breakie rather than oats so I'm still not over doing the carbs

I am unable to be moderate when I eat bread, so I don't eat any. :flowerforyou:

I am the same way.. :(
  • shy58
    shy58 Posts: 4
    Options
    Healthy Life Bread. Low Fat, Low Carb, and only 35 calories a slice.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Ezekiel has the right balance of amino acids to provide a complete protein and is generally low fat, cholesterol, trans fat, sodium, etc. I also like the taste of it! The cinnamon raisin is so good.
    Just for the record, do you know any breads that are high fat, high cholesterol, with trans fats, etc? I've yet to discover any...

As for the amino acid profile, research has shown lately that all protein sources are actually complete proteins, so what you've said about Ezekiel bread actually applies to all bread. Kinda takes the specialness out of it, doesn't it?
  • natalie412
    natalie412 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Just checked out your profile, and if that is a current picture, you definitely do not need to lose any weight. If you are unhappy with your body, maybe you should try eating at maintenance or even a slight surplus and lifting weights. That will change things more than anything.
  • dsmpunk
    dsmpunk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I eat all kinds of bread and lose weight.

Look, I've been there, I did 6 months with very little grain, I read Wheat Belly, bought into the Paleo thing ...

And in the end if it creates a calorie deficit it works for me. Wholewheat, Wholegrain, White ... whatever ...

That is unpossible. You can't eat bread and lose weight...unless you are a witch! /insert Holy Grail reference here
  • VeganZombie13
    Options
    Ezekiel
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    EAT ALL THE BREADS! Lol No seriously I love me some carbs, I just stay within my allotment and am good to go. I usually stick with whole grain but if i have a ton of carbs left in my allotment I will eat some french bread

^^^^ :drinker:
  • ak_honda
    ak_honda Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I love eating Dave's Killer Bread, the Whole Grain Light.
    http://www.daveskillerbread.com/killer-bread/whole-grain-light.html

I also very much enjoy eating Squirrelly bagels
    http://www.silverhillsbakery.ca/products/sprouted-bagels/sprouted-bagels-squirrelly

I only eat breads when I crave them, usually two weeks, then two weeks without. I just listen to what my body wants.
  • JohnnyBLean
    JohnnyBLean Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I go for 100% whole wheat with the fewest calories possible. Healthy Life - 35 Calorie Wheat Bread only has 35 calories per slice, which is the lowest I've found. Best of luck.