I think I've stalled....

Options
:grumble: I'm kind of upset. 2 weeks ago I graduated with my associates and I have to admit I cheated a little for 2 days, only 2 days and nothing more and then I went on a trip to visit my new school and again I on't cheated for 2 days. All through it though I worked out and kept that part up as best as I could. I was taking the weight smart vitamins as well though, but stopped around the time of my graduation. I had to stop because I realized that it was raising my blood pressure. Since then my dyastolic blood pressure is now back to normal which is good, but my systolic is still the same. It's starting to upset me a bit. Anyway, I think that my weight loss is stalled because of.... I don't know what. Maybe its because I just stopped those pills or its because I've lost 12 pounds already and my body is confused. I'm not sure. Someone please give me some advice. Thanks

Jessamyn

Replies

• persian_dancer
    Options
    :grumble: I'm kind of upset. 2 weeks ago I graduated with my associates and I have to admit I cheated a little for 2 days, only 2 days and nothing more and then I went on a trip to visit my new school and again I on't cheated for 2 days. All through it though I worked out and kept that part up as best as I could. I was taking the weight smart vitamins as well though, but stopped around the time of my graduation. I had to stop because I realized that it was raising my blood pressure. Since then my dyastolic blood pressure is now back to normal which is good, but my systolic is still the same. It's starting to upset me a bit. Anyway, I think that my weight loss is stalled because of.... I don't know what. Maybe its because I just stopped those pills or its because I've lost 12 pounds already and my body is confused. I'm not sure. Someone please give me some advice. Thanks

Jessamyn
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    That has happened to me a couple of times. You may need to add some time to work outs like 10-15 minutes and even up your calories a little. Your body could be used to what you are doing and you just need to change it up a little. I hope this helps! Hang in there! I was on a plateau for over a month and then I lost five pounds in the next two weeks!
    Melissa
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yeah my weight loss has slowed down considerably too. It really is disappointing because I have goals that I would really like to achieve and it seems like I can't get out of this 1/2 lb loss per week.
    I really want to reach my final weight loss goal in about a year. But I was thinking about it and just figured out if I would lose 1/2lb per week for the next year I would only lose 26 lbs all year.
    So I am going to figure out ways to step up my exercise I would really love some more 2lb per week losses.
    My final goal is to lose 85lbs
    Lose 2lb/week for 26 weeks =52lbs
    lose 1lb for following 26 weeks = 26 lbs
    This would be ideal for me for the next year, since this would put me fairly close to my goal and we are trying to plan our wedding for one year from now. So besides being at healthy weight for the rest of my life I can look hot on the maui beach for our wedding. ;-)
  • persian_dancer
    Options
    Thats awesome about your wedding! Congrats! One part of your weight loss problems might be that you are stressed about it. I realized that and now I am chilling out a bit and the weight loss is coming back again. I hope your wedding is everything you want it to be. :happy: