want to keep my boobs

Options

Replies

• RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is weigh up what's more important, boobs or losing weight cuz you can't have both

yes you can. you just have to be willing to have surgery, which is a great option for women after losing weight.

You can get surgery, or you can lose your health to keep your B cup size. I'm a barely B, I can relate,but I'm also not gonna get implants b/c I've seen too many of my friends with complications, including leakage, popping when they work out, one girl's doc put them in over her muscle so good luck for them finding any breast lumps now, God forbid. Not worth the risks for me. I'm no less attractive now than I was when I was a FULL B and if anything, I get more compliments now than I ever did! You have to find your beauty inside, girl, and figure out which is the healthier option in the long term: a healthier body with smaller boobs, stay the same (but my guess is you're not happy if you're here and want to lose weight), or lose the weight and take a chance on implants.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I feel so lucky right now :) My boobs were the 1st to come and Im guessing they will be last to go! I was born to have a big chest always. I have gone from 42DDD to 38D. Which I am incredibly happy with. I still have lots to go - but regardless, Ill still have boobs by the time I hit maintenance.

Funny, my mom's that big and she never felt lucky. She's had nothing but back problems her entire life b/c of them. I'm glad she didn't pass them on to me, esp since I'm 40 now and will never ever be saggy lol
  • lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I went from a 42D to a large 36B or small 36C after losing 77 lbs. I never had big boobs before I got overweight, so I guess I am returning to my natural state! I have lost weight previously on Atkins diets and just other dieting in general, and the boobs stayed. This time I worked out in addition to the dieting, very hard core cardio and strength training, and the boobs went bye bye. Go figure.
  • kathdel2319
    Options
    Another way to look at this issue: I started my rush to lose weight after being diagnosed with tumors that increase my chances for breast cancer by 300%. Excessive weight is another risk factor and I'm all about risk reduction these days. Smaller tatas or no tatas...easy choice. And I'm with the guy that said healthy confident women are more attractive than plump breasts.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I totally feel lucky too. I am a 38 C at my healthiest weight. :tongue:

I seriously would not risk surgery though. When I consider my relatives who had to get mastectomies because of breast cancer and how happy they are to just be alive, boobless and all. (Some did get reconstructive surgery) I couldn't complain if mine shrunk a bit.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    i never had boobs to begin with, i have been an a for as long as i can remember. i guess i never really had much fat there because i am down from 127 to 107 and they look the same lol. good luck though

ditto. i've weighed anywhere from 103-140 pounds and always had A cups. I imagine that I'd still have A cups if I were 200 pounds.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I feel so lucky right now :) My boobs were the 1st to come and Im guessing they will be last to go! I was born to have a big chest always. I have gone from 42DDD to 38D. Which I am incredibly happy with. I still have lots to go - but regardless, Ill still have boobs by the time I hit maintenance.

Funny, my mom's that big and she never felt lucky. She's had nothing but back problems her entire life b/c of them. I'm glad she didn't pass them on to me, esp since I'm 40 now and will never ever be saggy lol

Awww jealousy! :D so cute!
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    all i have to say is weigh up what's more important, boobs or losing weight cuz you can't have both

This is true. If you're overweight, I'd say your health is more important than your boobs. If you're just looking to lose a few pounds, it might not be worth it from a vanity perspective. You could always lose and see how you feel. Weight loss is definitely reversible lol
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I am going to love my smaller breasts! I can run with one sports bra, clothes are easier to find and fit, and I'll be able to wear any top without being self conscious about my cleavage
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a 36G - I can only HOPE they'll shrink!!! (Cos if they don't do it naturally, I'm going to have to pay for it!)
  • iamthecatsass
    Options
    I'm in a 40F and I just can't WAIT for them to deflate!!!! Bring it on!!!!

I'm with ya on that one!
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. My boobs are the last to go. I WISH they were the first. I'm dragging around a couple of DDs right now and would love to be back into a C cup.
  • earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    $5,000 will get you a new set. Just saying.
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 40F and I just can't WAIT for them to deflate!!!! Bring it on!!!!
    I'm a 38 F and I can't wait for the weight of them to get off my back (litterally) But I hope I'll stay at a D after losing weight !
  • LunaHare
    LunaHare Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what makes up our breasts really. I breastfed for 3.5 years in total and started with DDs and still have DDs. I have lost 13lbs so far and almost at goal, so never had huge amounts I wanted to lose, but still. Personally I feel a little rediculous with them this size, and my waist it now 26 inches, but there we go...
  • HapThompson
    HapThompson Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've always had big boobs, I developed D's virtually overnight at 13 and I've never had a bra smaller than a D cup. Mine were 40G when I started losing weight, they were the first place I lost (naturally) but I got fitted last week and they are now 36H which I am dead chuffed with. I'm never going to be below a D cup no matter how small my band size gets, but I love my boobs and am happy not to loose too much "volume"!
  • JannaNana
    Options
    if you cant be happy with smaller TATAS maybe after you lose the weight you can treat yourself to a boob job. :) Personally I'd rather be healthy than blessed with tig o bitties
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've always been a size A from 175 to 130 lbs. But it all depends where you hold onto fat and for me that is in the hips, butt and abs... and not in my upper body at all.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Boobs are overrated.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If your boobs didn't get much bigger with weight gain, they might not shrink much with weight loss.

I'm still wearing some of the same bras as I was before I lost. They got a little smaller, but mostly, I just had to shorten the straps and tighten the band. And without the extra mush around my middle, they don't look any smaller.