want to keep my boobs

Options

Replies

• stbrad6896
    Options
    I think that's bollocks. If you're boobs have gotten notably bigger because of weight gain then they may shrink a tad but honestly I've lost almost ten pounds and mine are still bigger than ever. Not to say they won't go down more as I continue to lose weight, but I'm a D and I think if you're a B then you'll probably be fine... My only advice would be to work those pectoral muscles that might perk them up =) good luck
  • bazingabrooke
    bazingabrooke Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    When you lose the weight hopefully your smaller everything will make your boobs look the same size, or even make them look like they pop out more! :)
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    buy some?

thats my plan anyway...
  • Teachinjen
    Teachinjen Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm in a 40F and I just can't WAIT for them to deflate!!!! Bring it on!!!!

This!
  • neelia
    neelia Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the opposite. I can't WAIT for my boobs to shrink. I've always had large breasts and now that I'm pregnant, it's completely uncomfortable. I can't wait until my baby girl gets here so I can rid myself of these giant beasts!
  • AudreyinNC
    Options
    Was a 36 B before weight gain, got up to a 38 C, now I'm back to a 36B with another 20 lbs to go
    I could be in an A cup before its all said and done ;( Oh well.
    I wont be having surgery, I saw what happened to my Mom, and NO THANK YOU.
    You just have to learn to be healthy in your own skin, like one said, her abs are worth the A cup.
    Good, positive way to look at it!
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I call my little A Breasts "Used T-bags". With my 60lb weight loss I went from a D to an A. I rather have the lean mean fighting machine body that I have now, but if I ever come into some money I would like to go back to a size B. I get a compliment everyday regarding my choice to get healthy and that I have inspired them to get healthy. Good luck, some people lose weight without losing
    much in the breast area I hope you are one of them.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Went from 36D to 34C. Last time I lost this much, actually got to a 32C, but not sure how. Don't really think I have that much to lose off my back and ribs right now, but maybe. Anyway, I'm older, so they sag more, so not so thrilled about that, but perfectly happy that they are smaller. As some others said, they fit in clothes a lot better. Hard to find a 0 or 2 that will hold a 36D, at least in a fitted style.
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if the hormone is natural or synthetic , it will encourage hormone related cancers. Sorry I added this on a quote.
    Hi there,

Sorry to say, the boobs will definitely go if you lose weight. I was very obese at 111kgs and my bra size was a 22DD, I have lost over 54kgs and now weigh in at 56.4kgs, and my boobs are now a 10B and even then they only need a B cup due to the excess skin of my boobs.

Unfortunately I don't believe you can have the best of both worlds :0( My husband is very disappointed needless to say and is now encouraging me to get a boob lift or implants.

It doesn't matter if the hormone is natural or synthetic it will encourage hormone related cancers !

Good luck!!
    Argh! Implants are VERY unhealthy and surgery is painful and risky (general anesthetic). Natural bio-identical progesterone cream is the healthy alternative. Many women gain a whole cup size (or more) from vaginally supplying a small amount of progesterone cream for three weeks out of every month. It does not cause weight gain because it actually increases the effectiveness of thyroid hormones.

I am confused..you put cream in your vajajay to increase your boob size?

Think about it---progesterone/estrogen is produced in abundance during pregnancy and what happens to a woman's breast size during pregnancy? But estrogen causes overall fat gain and progesterone causes fat to be deposited in breast tissue (that is why a woman loses breast density as she ages--she loses her progesterone supply even though she may have adequate levels of estrogen). Most women have too much estrogen for a lot of reasons (see my post above) and progesterone is such that the less you have, the less you will have. To increase progesterone production, it may be necessary to supply it for a time (should be supplied vaginally because it can build up in the skin of other areas of the body and cause problems.) The side effect will be an increase in breast size but progesterone will contribute to better overall health and breast health in particular. But just make sure that it is bio-identical progesterone cream (available at health food stores and pharmacies). That is very important---synthetic progestins (such as that administered in the birth control pill) will mess up your hormone balance. Two good brands that I know of are Kokoro and Evita.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite too, used to be a 34E before my weight gain.. I'm now a 36H :indifferent: Hope I get down to a DD when I reach my goal weight, I'm only 4ft 11, being small with big boobs isn't fun, for me anyway :ohwell:
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs and my boobs aren't a lot smaller. I'm still a D cup (UK D so US C i think?). I've always had big boobs, no matter what my weight. I think they're here to stay!
  • Elizabeth38NC
    Options
    OMG how?
  • quietasariot
    quietasariot Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you'll probably lose them. I went from a D to a B.
    To be honest, it's not a big deal. I do miss the bigger ones sometimes, but eh... the smaller ones fit my frame now a lot better :).
  • ameliafaith
    ameliafaith Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have lost a total of 30 pounds and haven't lost anything in my boobs yet.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum, wishing my boobs would start to get smaller. I've lost over 100lbs and I swear they are actually getting bigger. I'm starting to look really unproportioned. I'm hoping the final 50lbs will make a difference but I don't know because I was that DD in grade 7.

IMG_4420.jpg
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't matter if the hormone is natural or synthetic , it will encourage hormone related cancers...."

Where is the evidence for this? Granted, a superabundance of unopposed estrogen is associated with higher levels of hormone- related cancers (breast, cervical, endometrial, etc.) but there is every reason to believe that natural progesterone supplies the balance that is needed to ward off those cancers. Otherwise, there would not be a lower rate of breast cancer among women who have born children as opposed to those women who never had a pregnancy. And the statistics show that pregnancy (as opposed to no pregnancy) seems to protect against breast cancer. Pregnancy causes an enormous surge in progesterone---orders of magnitudes above any paltry amount that you could supply using a bio-identical cream---and it holds it at those high levels for the last six months of pregnancy. A women with several pregnancies should have a higher amount of hormone-related cancers. Instead, the opposite appears to be true. Can you cite research to back up your claim?
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    christyjo37 has deactivated their account.
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Everyone says that the boobs are one of the first things to go when losing weight. I'm a small B and wont be happy if I go back down to an A cup.

Use a bio-identical progesterone cream (it should be administered vaginally only---in order to avoid "dermal fatigue" that comes from just rubbing it on anywhere). It is available over-the-counter at health food stores and at some pharmacies. Kokoro is a good brand (they are not all created equal). Evita is another brand that is approved by the researchers into the use of progesterone supplementation.

Why do we need it when our grandmothers and great-grandmothers didn't? Because the synthetic progestins that are contained in the birth control pill have shut down the natural progesterone production of many a female. In addition, all of the man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics have messed up women's hormonal balance as well. I personally believe that it is why we have so many depressed people. Women get depressed when their progesterone levels drop. Men get depressed when their testosterone levels drop due to xenoestrogens (the technical term for man-made chemicals in our environment that act like estrogen mimics).

p.s. It will not harm men, if their women use the cream vaginally. The men's bodies will convert the slight amount of progesterone they may absorb, into a form that they can use as a precursor to testosterone production. It may actually help counteract the effects of xenoestrogens in men.

Yes, sure, use progesterone. Ignore all the science that links progesterone supplementation to increased cancer, heart attack, blood clot, and strokes...

THIS.

Please don't apply hormones of any type to your body without the advice of a doctor.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    It all depends on the person... I, for example, went from a 36D to a 32DDD :)
  • hrihyal
    Options
    It also depends on what type of breasts you have. I have extremely fibrous breasts and so they sit high on my chest and are very firm (which SUCKS come mammogram time), and because of this, when ever I do chest exercises, my pects beef up and my breasts get bigger. You're welcome to think this is fabulous, but before birth control and giving up chest presses or rowing of any kind, I magically became a 32 DD after being rather happy with my 32 B/C (American) - post birth control, I'm a 34 DD. They're big, they hurt when I run and they seem to convince people (males) that I'm an airhead.

So, if you have fibrous, firm breasts, do chest presses. Even if they're the nicer, softer kind, building the muscle underneath and in the shoulder will help keep them perky (lat pulls, arm raises, that sort).