Not new, but finally committing...

Options
I am not new to MFP but I never committed before. It seems like everyone around me is losing weight and my weight is only going up. Not that it matters what other people are doing, but every person I hear that has lost 100 pounds just pushes me to want to do it. I NEED to do it. I had a baby 9 months ago and I weigh the same as what I did when I was pregnant. Nothing fits me. I can't keep up with my baby. I'm uncomfortable getting off of the couch. I've never stuck with anything before so I think I'm going to need some support. Please feel free to add me as a friend (especially if you have a significant amount of weight to lose, are a mom, are doing low carb.... or just want a friend.... )

Replies

• amy709
    amy709 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting back into it too!
    I'm 27 and I just got engaged so I really have a goal now!
    I'm also tired of always being tired and not feeling like I'm healthy.
    I remember when I wanted to lose 20 lbs by my 20th birthday and now it's 7 years later and I've actually gained close to 40 lbs :(
    Here's to us!
  • aost
    aost Posts: 44
    Options
    Hi
    Ive been a member here for almost 2 years, Ive was trying to lose about 15 pounds back then, now ive gained another 15 so trying to lose around 35.
    Im graduating in april and really want to look good for that.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I;m 28 and I've been here 2 years and lost 50lbs....oh then I put on 42lbs...so here I am again,needing support and to support others on their journey...

feel free to add me

This link shows a bit of my efforts,shame and determination

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/804480-help-help-help
  • TempoChiarisce26
    Options
    Hi! I saw your post and just wanted to let you know, you are NOT ALONE! I am not new to MFP either but have also not committed. I know exactly how you feel. Its really important to me to have a support group I can go to for help. Feel free to add me if you would like! I need as much support as i can get as well :)

-Maria
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yay!

Now I'm gonna tell you a secret behind true success--the word commitment. It is not enough to be motivated. Motivation won't always be there. We have to continue to work on stoking our motivation. When it isn't there and even when it is there, the true driving force will be commitment. Decide what your goals are. Decide what you WILL do to achieve those goals. Continue to reflect on how you are doing. You don't have to be perfect right outside the gate but you should always be making progress towards improving your imperfections. Don't beat yourself up if you are less than perfect but do accept that every decision you make, you made it. Temptation will be around you at all times. You are strong. You can do this. More importantly, you WILL do this. Make a commitment to yourself and follow through. It may take practice but ultimately you decide how this will pan out. Don't forget to give yourself positive talk along the way. This should be a teaching yourself journey along the way. Learn to embrace it. Learn to just DO IT. Good luck!
  • bascan333
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm ready to committ. Though I have friends using this, none of them want to connect. I need support and encouragement. I will give it back to you as well. Please connect with me so that we can help each other.