aw man how come I haven't lost anything?

Options
hi everyone today is the first day of week 2 for me, I have been pretty good, haven't gone over my calorie limits at all any days, have done even more exercise than I had planned, got on the scales this morning and haven't lost a single pound.
soooooo depressing!!
Am going to stick with it obviously... but any advice?

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I lost nothing the first week....five pounds the second. The changes are for life, so be patient. ;)
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    open your diary
  • jnp96
    jnp96 Posts: 163
    Options
    It was 6 weeks of a plateau for me before a loss. I cut way back on fat (dairy, meat, oils) and that helped me.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Once your body realizes that it will be an all the time thing you will start losing!
  • gailt1959
    Options
    I have dieted before and had a similar problem - twice I didnt start to lose anything for the first 2 weeks. Not sure why, maybe our bodies just have to get kick started somehow. Dont lose heart, try one or two more weeks before you adjust anything. Some people have also posted on here that if you dont eat enough calories you wont lose weight because your body goes into starvation mode. Are you eating back your exercise calories? Might be an idea if you are not.

Good luck
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. Check your water intake. Maybe you need more water. Also check sodium. Your body might be adjusting.

Also if you are not using an HRM cut the cals burned down by at least. 150-200 each time. MFP is amazing. But the cals burned are way off.
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    STOP EXPECTING IMMEDIATE RESULTS!!!!!

Seriously, one, two, three weeks are not enough to judge your progress. Unless you have 50+ pounds to lose, most people don't see a lot of results for a few weeks(except the normal water weight fluctuation). You must get out of that mindset to be successful.
  • Mindfreak1999
    Options
    Hi
    I did not lose anything for three weeks. It takes time for the body to adjust. Be patient you will be fine.

Add me if you like.:smile:
  • Cindy393
    Cindy393 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    you say you've been 'pretty good'. Open your diary so people can see what that means. Also, I am a firm believer in alot of water every day to flush the sodium. Big help there.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    open your diary....
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    It takes time. I lost nothing the first week and only half a pound the second week. After that I seem to have levelled out to losing about a pound a week.
    Give it time. It'll happen. Just stick with your program and keep an accurate diary.
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    open your diary....
    ^ This
  • kimmcconkey
    kimmcconkey Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree - open your diary. Many menu plans people think are "good" are actually the opposite! Without seeing what you're putting into your body it's hard to offer advice. Yes, we may criticize your choices but it's for a greater good!!!
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    I totally agree with the water intake! I drink 13 glasses a day! Also make sure you're not cutting your calories too much. You have to feed your body to lose weight, especially if you're working out. What kind of workouts are you doing? Let us see your food diary to know how many cals you're taking in. Don't go below 1200 I also agree that your body is probably adjusting and to have some patience. This is for life not a fast loss freak (unhealthy) diet.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, it takes time! Drink plenty of water and do at least 30 mins of exercise daily whilst staying under your calorie goal, you'll be fine :smile:
  • wwmorrow
    wwmorrow Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on joining MFP!! Drinking plenty of water is key. Make sure that you eat. Some people try to starve the first couple of weeks and you cannot sustain that. As for your diary, that is a personal decision. Mine is open to my friends, but I've seen people try to be the fitness police and make negative comments about the diary of others. I like to look at the diary of my friends...not to comment, but to get good ideas.

I feel that I lose weight sort of slowly compared to others. Everyone is different. Don't give up!!!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. When I first started on my health kick (last July) I only weighed myself once a month and my personal trainer took me measurements. I still get the measurements done monthly, but I weigh myself every couple of weeks. Sometimes I don't lose much, maybe just 2 or 3lbs a month, but I lose a lot of inches, so I try not to focus too much on the weight.
  • annams76
    annams76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    How does your clothes fit? You may be gaining muscle which could be why you are not losing in numbers. If you are losing in inches you are winning already. Stay with it, stay motivated and do not give up on yourself. Good luck.
  • Findingmyathlete
    Findingmyathlete Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Did you measure yourself? Sometimes I will not lose pounds but I will lose like 2-3 inches.

And as people have already said, drink lots of water, minimize the sodium, and give it time! It's only really been a short amount of time. Your body is transitioning, recognizing that things are changing in your diet and exercise, its not going to happen fast sometimes. I know it feels like it has been forever, but it really hasn't been that long. Don't give up :-)
  • caprice7
    Options
    thanks everyone got it .....be patient, stick to the plan, carbs are my enemy got it... :-)