Girls & Gym

Options
Random irritation at the gym...

Hates with a passion seeing girls at the gym for the wrong reasons..Girls who come to the gym wearing totally inappropriate clothes, wear there hair down and don't even break a sweat..

Actually overheard one of these types say "I am just going to go up like this, I'm not really working out, I will just watch you and spot the talent" (wearing leggings and uggs!)

Come on girls, that's not what the gym is about..It's called working out for a reason..Stop caring what you look like and do some exercise..

Agree?

Replies

• sanialise
    Options
    AGREED!!

I GO THERE TO KILL THE ROUTINES>>>BRING IT!! SWEAT IT AND SHRED THE CALORIES...sooo far sooo good :)
  • fhc2013
    fhc2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AGREED!
    when you go to the gym, you must have a goal in mind. You can still have fun with your friends working out all together, BUT a gym is a place for someone to exercise and do what they came there to do, so if she came she should make an effort to exercse. :)
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree in part.
    What does irritate me is long-haired girls wearing their hair down and participating in a group class... and then i see their long hairs all over the floor in this class and the other classes in the same room later... doing pushups or burpees or mountain-climbing... seeing all those hairs right in front of me, up close and pesonal yewww!!!
  • fhc2013
    fhc2013 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    AGREED!!

I GO THERE TO KILL THE ROUTINES>>>BRING IT!! SWEAT IT AND SHRED THE CALORIES...sooo far sooo good :)

true :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    disagree.

they pay their gym fees just like you. what difference does it make to you and your workout how they are wearing their hair or how much they sweat?

are you like the real life heart rate monitor or something?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less why someone is at the gym or how they dress as long as they aren't inconsiderate *kitten* who talk on their cell phones while working out. It clearly is against the rules at my gym, but these *kitten* think they are above the rules. that's my main pet peeve because they are actually disturbing my workout with that ****.

As long as someone is not disturbing me, why should I care? Mind your own business and live and let live.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    disagree.

they pay their gym fees just like you. what difference does it make to you and your workout how they are wearing their hair or how much they sweat?

This.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but who really cares? Just do your thing, and let them do theirs.
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    I agree in part.
    What does irritate me is long-haired girls wearing their hair down and participating in a group class... and then i see their long hairs all over the floor in this class and the other classes in the same room later... doing pushups or burpees or mountain-climbing... seeing all those hairs right in front of me, up close and pesonal yewww!!!

Eeeew yes nothing quite like like it to put you off mid push up!
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Ugg boots at a gym. I'm suprised she didn't get asked to change. My gym doesn't even allow denim shorts. I don't care if people want to make a fool of themselves - makes us sweaty hardworking types look good doesn't it. Instead of getting angry just see the funny side of it.
  • gnr123
    Options
    disagree.

:laugh:

My opinion...

Hmm what a waste of gym fee's though..
  • misspancakes
    misspancakes Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5.40am - brush my teeth and leave for the gym to be there at 6.00am. I dont even brush my hair, zero make up and I wear long tights and just a singlet top - nothing fancy for expensive.

I am not there to pick up and or check out the talent.

I used to be the type of girl who would not EVER leave the house without make up. I am now so much more confident in myself and not caring what I look like, especially when I am covered in sweat and red as a tomato.

:)

I dont know why anyone would waste their time and money to do that.
    AT my gym there is a girl who comes in with her hair all done and a face full of make up.

GOD ! EVen my friend I used to go with would get up at god knows what time to do her make up. I think its a waste of make up and effort really haha.
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't get why anyone would pay to not work out, but to each his own I guess. If they don't bother me while I work out, I don't really care what they are doing there. I take pride when I walk out of there all sweaty, ponytail all messed up, and barely able to walk. I know I've worked to look good and I don't need Uggs or a ton of make up to feel that way. I'm not there to pick up men, but I assume the non-work out, dressed up ones are.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    As long as they stay out of the free weight station and don't hog the treadmill I couldn't care less. :p
    Their fitness, their problem.
  • gnr123
    Options
    Sorry, but who really cares? Just do your thing, and let them do theirs.

Don't worry I don't lose sleep over this,but just a random thought after overhearing the girl today.. and thought as MFP is full of opinions I would share my view and see what others though.
  • gnr123
    Options
    Meh, I don't get why anyone would pay to not work out, but to each his own I guess. If they don't bother me while I work out, I don't really care what they are doing there. I take pride when I walk out of there all sweaty, ponytail all messed up, and barely able to walk. I know I've worked to look good and I don't need Uggs or a ton of make up to feel that way. I'm not there to pick up men, but I assume the non-work out, dressed up ones are.

^^^^

What you said :smile:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    disagree.

This.

This. And you wonder why we see so many threads from women about being too self-concious to go to the gym. Judgemental people like you are part of the reason. Worry about yourself.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like gym behavior that interferes with my workout. I don't really notice anything else

For example, there was this one girl that kept staring at me when I first started going to this gym. She never offered any advice on how to use the equipment or really ever said anything to me, but she kind of smirked whenever I had a hard time with something.
    She was ripped and it made me feel like I had no business in HER gym.

That didn't last very long though-- the more obsessed I got with my workout the less I noticed the people around me.
  • gnr123
    Options
    I get up at 5.40am - brush my teeth and leave for the gym to be there at 6.00am. I dont even brush my hair, zero make up and I wear long tights and just a singlet top - nothing fancy for expensive.

I am not there to pick up and or check out the talent.

I used to be the type of girl who would not EVER leave the house without make up. I am now so much more confident in myself and not caring what I look like, especially when I am covered in sweat and red as a tomato.

:)

I dont know why anyone would waste their time and money to do that.
    AT my gym there is a girl who comes in with her hair all done and a face full of make up.

GOD ! EVen my friend I used to go with would get up at god knows what time to do her make up. I think its a waste of make up and effort really haha.

Agree! Such a waste of make up, after I have finished it would be half way down my face anyway..

The tomato face, hair wet, sweat dripping is the look I roll with at the gym ha ha
  • gnr123
    Options
    disagree.

This.

This. And you wonder why we see so many threads from women about being too self-concious to go to the gym. Judgemental people like you are part of the reason. Worry about yourself.

I applaud every person who goes to the gym..

Not the people who obviously go for other reasons, such as the girl who blatantly said" I AM NOT HEAR TO WORK OUT BUT TO TALENT WATCH"