Girls & Gym

Options

Replies

• lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I get looks because I'm the only chick there in Vibrams, soaked in sweat, with running shorts and oversized t-shirts pounding on a treadmill. I get so sweaty that I'm literally drenched.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Disagree.

Those people subsidize my membership fees. I'm there for me and I could give a hoot what anybody else does.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    I personally cant go to the gym without some form of make up on, I dont know why I do this because I swear it all off :/
    Anyways my thing is always...why do girls/women wear next to nothing and then complain when everyone looks at them?
    Am missing something?

For now I will continue to work out in my StarCraft/modern warfare (insert any other gaming tshirts) and joggers
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Send them to my gym please.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I have no gripes with these girls.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just shove a pair of joggers on and an oversized shirt, I really couldn't give a donkeys what people think of me, I'm working out for me, not anyone else!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    as for the talent watching comment.

some gyms ARE more of meat markets than others.

when i lived in NYC i'd check yelp and there were quite a few gyms i didnt join because some dudes had left comments in the ratings section that there werent enough hot women in the gym or that there were too many fatties.

not that i give a crap about that in general, but my first NYC gym was a meat market like that and i quickly discovered that the behavior wasnt just for the members since the staff was also the same way. if you were hot or had a nice body then they'd be more than willing to help, if you weren't then they were too busy or would ignore you.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I've ended up at the gym with like bike shorts and a short top once or twice. I was slightly embarrassed, but I rocked it all the same. :p

Tho, I feel sort of awkward when I'm really pushing, you know when it's to the point you start grunting, panting and "moaning"... That's when I appreciate that our gym has a ladies-only section so I don't have to do that in front of the BEASTS. They usually stay in the other room. ^^
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    as for the talent watching comment.

some gyms ARE more of meat markets than others.

when i lived in NYC i'd check yelp and there were quite a few gyms i didnt join because some dudes had left comments in the ratings section that there werent enough hot women in the gym or that there were too many fatties.

not that i give a crap about that in general, but my first NYC gym was a meat market like that and i quickly discovered that the behavior wasnt just for the members since the staff was also the same way. if you were hot or had a nice body then they'd be more than willing to help, if you weren't then they were too busy or would ignore you.

which nyc gyms are like that? i haven't noticed that at my nyc gym, but maybe i'm just oblivious. i generally don't talk to anyone there or ask for help.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Agreed. I think its the same for makeup. I saw a girl at the gym with make up on and then after her workout her false lashes were coming off. Talk about a turn off.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    I don't care. I don't need more competition for the squat rack or elbow room in Zumba class.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    As long as they aren't blocking the equipment while talking to each other, I don't care.
  • ahsats
    ahsats Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should work out harder so you don't notice others.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I try not to notice other people, though it can be hard if I am sweating like crazy on the equipment and need some sort of distraction. I did notice two girls today in matching bright pink tops, with matching bright pink trainers, that reminded me somewhat of something out of sweet valley high. I noticed those who are simply pedalling insanely slowly while looking at their phones, and others sitting on the weight machines, maybe doing a movement once every few minutes, but, eh, to each their own.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I go there to work my butt off. Dont really care what I look like and what I am wearing and I dont really care what anyone else is doing either. Im there for one reason ME!

P.S I am known to leave my hair tie at home on the odd occasion :p
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    <----is thankful my little town gym.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    yeh i do notice the ones who stand around and use the gym as social outing but i could not care less im there too make some mega burn!!! ha ha i did see this girl once on the tredmill all hair down and all trying to impress the bloke beside her she upped her treddy to a super quick running mode and she nearly fell on her *kitten* LOL:) at least i got my entertainment for the day
  • Kotuliak
    Kotuliak Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Come on girls, that's not what the gym is about..It's called working out for a reason..Stop caring what you look like and do some exercise..

Agree?
    I disagree. That's why *I* go to the gym, but it's always nice to have some eye candy.
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yeah I am not sure why girls care so much about their looks when going to work out either. I have seen many girls wearing full make up, cute little outfits, and hanging on the machine so they don't have to work as hard. Those ones come and go though, they never seem to stick around too long at all.
  • Sharkington
    Options
    Maybe you should work out harder so you don't notice others.

Lol.