Do you both to count minimal calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have never tracked anything that was less than ~20 calories. And I've lost 120 pounds.

That piece of lettuce is not going to hinder your weightloss...
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I don't normally log every little thing but a few times over the last year when progress stalls or I know I have gotten sloppy with things then yes I go back to basics and count every bit just to get myself back in line.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I do log everything.. it just helps me to keep my goals in mind. Also, last week I broke out into hives all over my body (first time ever) and I think it helps to see what I ate that was different.. although I still don't know what caused it, I think it is good to keep track of what is going into my body. Lucky for me the hives are all gone now.. it was scary to see all those bumps on me. I think it may be because I started vitamin E 3 days before that. That doesn't have calories but it was the only thing that was different... Anyways the hives are gone and I'm still taking the vitamin so I don't for sure know what is/was going on.
  • miriamparkinson
    miriamparkinson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I do log everything.. it just helps me to keep my goals in mind. Also, last week I broke out into hives all over my body (first time ever) and I think it helps to see what I ate that was different.. although I still don't know what caused it, I think it is good to keep track of what is going into my body. Lucky for me the hives are all gone now.. it was scary to see all those bumps on me. I think it may be because I started vitamin E 3 days before that. That doesn't have calories but it was the only thing that was different... Anyways the hives are gone and I'm still taking the vitamin so I don't for sure know what is/was going on.

Hives can occur with foods you've previously eaten and had no reaction to. If you'd increased the quantity of a food that day it could be the culprit.

Glad it's gone now though. Hives are nasty :s
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Lots of interesting responses. :smile:
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Every single BLT(BITE LICK AND TASTE).

This!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I log EVERYTHING! Lettuce, tomato, mustard, pickles...anything that goes in my mouth gets logged! Things that don't have calories such as diet soda so have sodium and I like to keep track of that. I also like to see how different foods effect my hunger or water retention etc. And little calories here and there can really add up.

(I feel like there's a that's what she said joke in there somewhere, lol)
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat!! If I eat it, I log it!!! Depending on how much weight you have to lose, every calorie counts!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    No, but I don"t list the 10 or 15 minutes of cleaning or walking from room to room with the baby a couple of times a day.
  • hannibal28
    hannibal28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I log everything because of the other items I track for my food diary. cholesterol, fat etc.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I log the veggies, not because I'm keeping track of the calories, as they are minimal, but because I want a log of the veggies that I do eat. I'm trying to average 6-8 cups of veggies over the course of the day... so every slice counts towards that goal! ;-)
  • cindl24
    cindl24 Posts: 178
    Options
    I pretty much log it all because it suits me to do so. My sandwiches are pretty much the same, so I have set them up as meals and means I have to make only one click to count them. Ironically, I was talking about this topic with some friends of mine this morning at church. The only thing I don't log is communion. I'm not really sure how you count such a small amount and don't figure it is enough to worry about.

However, I think it is most important to do what suits YOU the best. If skipping things like the 5 calories in mustard doesn't have a negative impact in your results, then don't worry about it. Do what is the best for you because it will give you the best chances of keeping it up in the long run.
  • jessicaclairel
    Options
    I log everything I eat or drink, even coffee that only has 2 calories.
  • Hollybot2
    Options
    It honestly depends on how i'm feeling. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. If its soemthing you eat regulalry, then do it. I have an onion slice every day, sometimes more so I always add that!
  • pamela387
    pamela387 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For the most part I don't and I think that's part of what has allowed me to be successful this time. I don't spend near as much time logging every tiny thing. Of course I'm mindful of if those little extras are adding up during the day. But I'm not logging my gummy vitamins for example. If I was tracking something like sodium, K, iron, etc then it might make more sense to do it.

What I worry about more is how accurate the calorie counts are especially when I go out somewhere and have to rely on the preparation by someone else being the same as what was used to calculate the calorie count I find online. I'm sure that is a much larger error.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't count any of that. If I was counting things such as sodium and stuff I might.
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If it goes in my pie-hole, it goes on my food diary.
  • keelz2010
    Options
    I log everthing, but I like a complete low down on what I'm eating so I know what works and what doesn't