Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    want one so badly... reading this thread just made me want it more :)
  • starjumper12
    Options
    I have 5.

more than 5 years ago - a rose, sweet peas (for my grandmother and grandfather)
    3 octobers ago - a lotus with rainbow (for my friend that passed away who had a tattoo in the same spot)
    Last october - tinkerbell (for becoming a professional engineer - tinkers are engineers too)
    This october - ariel (because yet another tattoo convention arrived and i still didn't have a baby)

absolutely no regrets. actually, wait. i do regret not getting one at the convention 2 octobers ago ;-)
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    want one so badly... reading this thread just made me want it more :)

before you do, make sure you know what you want. dont go into the tattoo parlour just knowing you want one and thats it. and look at photos of the artists work. you dont want to end up with a bird and a blob like my first one...that i got covered with another stupid one, i was only 17 and i think thats too young to get one now lol gheesh im getting old
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many?
    2. When did you get it/them?
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1: I have 3 and itching to get more

2: I got my first about 12 years ago, the second 2 years ago and the third last xmas/jan

3: I have a small angel on my trampstamp area, "just breathe" on my inner left wrist and a big nurse/knitting/floral tattoo on my right upper arm

4: Only the first one which was just flash off the wall and he put the transfer on crooked. It was before I knew much about tattoos and custom work. I am planning to get it covered and extended into a large backpiece next year with a white tara or buddha and lotus theme
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have 1. A lady bug on my toe. It's very personal to me. I originally never wanted any tattoos, but I decided I had to have at least one since I'm hoping to apprentice for my tattoo and possibly piercing license. I might get more, who knows.
  • Jluvs3clarks
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

I have 2. I got my first one about 10 years ago around my ankle. Then I got a turtle and Hawaiian flowers on my upper arm. Do I regret them? No, I love them! I am gearing up to get one on my inner wrist here in the next couple of months.. As I loose more weight I will be adding more!
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have 2, pretty large ones. One on each shoulder blade. The 1st one I got at 18. My mom and I went together on the anniversary of my dad's death. To honor his memory I got a heart with angel wings that says daddy's girl with a banner that has his birth date and death date. The second one I got in March of this year. Its a humming bird on a honeysuckle vine. Its very special to me too. It reminds me of the place way out in the country where I grew up :) No regrets at all. I love them both. The are both bright and colorful. Beautifully done by 2 great artists. I'd have more if I weren't such a baby when it comes to pain Lol!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    None. Just can't imagine wanting anything permanent.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 7
    2. When did you get it/them? Over the course of 24 years ( i'm 43)
    3. What did you get? Dragon, Praying Hands, Spider in Spider web, Chinese writing, Panther's head, Bad girl/ Good girl, Tribal
    4. Any regrets? none whatsoever
  • roro1925
    roro1925 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1. Do you have any, and if so, HOW many? 20 and planning my next VERY soon :)
    2. When did you get it/them? My first one was 10 years ago when I was 19
    3. What did you get? I've got some fairy inspired ink as well as my daughters birth flower and name on my chest and an Amy Brown half sleeve, some favorite quotes etc....things that I love generally! Pretty much located all over...feet, thighs, ribs, arms, chest, back, wrists. More more more!!!!! Lol
    4. Any regrets? No regrets at all! I love them all
  • tcoupe27
    tcoupe27 Posts: 199
    Options
    Full left sleeve and right 1/2 sleeve
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I have one
    Did it 3 years ago.

It's a tribal red dragon going around a japanese symbol (Ninjutsu). Martial art i practiced many years.

No regrets...

My wife has 14 lol
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I currently have one. I want another one when I'm finished our family. I want the sun/moon/star image my husband and I made for our wedding invites. Then I want my sons name and then our second childs name. But my husband hates tattoos so I doubt I'll get it.
    When I was 15? Just shy of 16.
    3. What did you get?
    A dolphin holding a rose
    4. Any regrets?
    None whatsoever!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. Yes, one
    2. in 2003, during my divorce
    3. I have my family Coat of arms on my right Bicep, pic on my profile.
    4. No because i picked somthing that means a lot to me, my family.
  • Shaybug
    Shaybug Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

Started when I was 18
    I've got a little one on my foot, a full ankle/foot, Large lower back, full rib piece and big left shoulder....various designs including roses, sugar skulls, swallows, and lillies etc
    no time to regret
  • xxcatyxx555
    Options
    Yes, I have three.
    I got my first one at 17 and the other two at 18
    I have my dad's initials on one wrist "stay strong<3" on the other and "dance" on my ribs
    i regret the day my dad finds out about the last tattoo (its a secret lol)
  • bloodysore
    bloodysore Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1. 2
    2. Both when I was 19
    3. The eye of Ra and the eye of Horus. One on each of my shoulders right at the top.
    4. Kind of. I like them, but the tattoo artist was ****ty and they need to be touched up. And they are slightly annoying 'cuz I have a lot of smart *kitten* friends that will 'poke me in the eye' (or punch) when they can see them. But I could have gotten something a lot worse considering I was just 19! I think I will enjoy them a lot more once my arms are back to normal human size.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    1.Yes - 2
    2. 1st when I was 17 - regret
    3. 1st is of a tigers cub - means nothing to me, so wish I hadn't got it done. On my shoulder blade, very faded - will cover one day.
    2nd is is recent 'Alis Volat Propriis' on my inner arm (means 'she flies with her own wings', incidentally found this on a lady here on MFP, fell in love with it and sums me up to a tee.
    4. Regret the 1st one but LOVE my 2nd one. I want another covering my shoulder blade going down my back but am struggling to find a design and I want another one incorporating my sons name but not sure what it will look like as I don't want it to look like he's died.
  • carryingon
    carryingon Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just one- chinese symbol for love on right shoulderblade. I was 15. No regrets.
  • sportytalldoll
    sportytalldoll Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    3. What did you get?
    4. Any regrets?

1. yes - 3
    2. in last 3 years
    3. grouping of shaded stars on top left foot (just above the last 3 lil piggies)
    right side of lower back a set of red kissing lip w/a rube of matching red lipstick
    lower neckline, centered, "Alis volat Propiis" (lating-she flys with her own wings) with wings
    4. nope

(All tastefully placed and concealable if desired.)