Would you give up if you had my body?

I say that because of the stretchmarks. If you had awful stretchmarks on your tummy, would you even work at getting a better tummy? Other than fat, can the sagginess even really be repaired? Could I even tone it? I mean, when I lose weight it's going to get veery, veeery saggy.

Heres the pictures of how I used to be.
n.jpeg

nn-1.jpeg

Heres my stomach now
1125122054.jpeg

1125122054b_01.jpeg

Would you even care about your body anymore? I mean, can the sagginess even get fully better? Even if it gets way more saggy when I lose the 33 pounds I have left to lose.

Replies

• ariesmom07
    ariesmom07 Posts: 57 Member
    I've seen people lose the sagginess and improve the looks of the stretchmarks. Honestly yours don't look that bad at all to me. After 2 c-sections and also being overweight for the last 15 yrs my body is going to be really saggy and I don't know that I will be able to get rid of the stretch marks but I'm okay with that lol to me they are badges of honor. But from your pics hun I don't think you would have a problem toning up at all.
  • katejaramillo
    katejaramillo Posts: 20 Member
    my stretch marks are about the same. the more weight i lose the less noticeable they've become. i had my second baby 9 months ago so they are still dark but the saggy-ness has gone away quite a bit. I don't really do core exercises, just running but it has tightened up considerably.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    It is not that bad. Unfortunately most women who have given birth experience much worse than this. The younger you are, the most likely that the skin will firm back and they fade away. I am going to give birth to my second baby in a month or so, and I 'll start my recovery from a far worse position. Not to mention that I am twice your age , hence my skin elasticity is fraction of yours. Still there is no reason not to try to get the best out of the situation. Maybe not the coming summer, but the me after that we all can rock in a bikini
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    If I had your body, I would not give up!! I've seen people start off with far worse than that and come out looking fabulous! Other mothers tell me stretch marks fade over time, and spray tan can help hide them. Often stretch marks don't really bother guys much, but a toned and healthy figure will! I don't know your reasons for wanting to get fit, but don't give up! If your stomach can't look perfect naked, maybe it can still look great in clothes! Usually it takes at least a year for loose skin to reattach (Depending on your age, skin elasticity, weight gain, etc.) Give it time and some hard work, you never know what you'll achieve if you don't!
  • Slim140
    Slim140 Posts: 66 Member
    My stomach bounced right back after I lost the baby weight. The stretch marks improved with the years (mine were really bad compared to yours). They are barely visible now. Concentrate on doing about 100 sit ups at night and you will see great improvement.
  • BroiledNotFried
    BroiledNotFried Posts: 446 Member
    Those are tiger stripes. Wear them proudly. They will fade.

On the other hand, i know what you mean. I "hate" that my hips and legs demand a smaller skirt and pants, but my post-baby belly demands a larger size. It's super bad when I do a yoga move like plow. When my legs are towards the ceiling, my stomach falls from my hips to my lower ribs. I see my thinner hips. Oh, to get it cut off in a tummy tuck! If government healthcare included tummy tucks, I would have voted for Obama. LOL.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    But a toned & healthy body will get their attention!**
  • i was lucky not to get stretch marks with either baby but my skin did go back, i have some loose skin when i bend over or smush it together but when standing you cant yell anymore, dont give up!!!
  • QTRARO
    QTRARO Posts: 75 Member
    No I wouldn't give up at all! Stretch marks do seem to fade overtime.

Be kind to yourself :)
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Keep toning and use cocoa butter, and like everyone else said they will eventually fade. As the saying goes (and I saw above), "Your body is NOT ruined. You are a god*&@ed TIGER and you earned your stripes." Anyone who tells you otherwise doesn't deserve to have you, honey. You are beautiful and you can do this!
  • MoCrafter
    MoCrafter Posts: 20 Member
    I carried and gave birth to 5 babies, so I have lots of stretch marks. Plus the last one was an emergency C-section. I was cut from just below my belly button to my pubic bone. It left me looking like I have 2 bellies, vertically. I am still not giving up. I may never look great, but I just want to be healthy. Good luck, and please don't give up. I will just add, I am not ashamed of my stretch marks. I feel like I earned them. (grin)
  • envy09
    envy09 Posts: 353 Member
    I have stretch marks on the thighs, all from simply hitting my growth spurt when I was growing up. I used to find them annoying, but now that I can look down and see a 4 pack and know that I'm in better shape than 90% of the people I hang out with everyday, I don't mind them at all.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    I'd rather look slim in my clothes than fat in my clothes, even if my belly doesn't look perfect naked. But that's me.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    I would do it to be healthy if nothing else. Abdominal fat is a major cause of some scary diseases.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    I've never had kids but I have lots of stretch marks from weight gain. They are all over... arms, legs, stomach, hips, breasts. They have faded a lot but I still get annoyed with them. I'm working on losing weight slowly so my skin doesn't get saggy, I'm 29yrs old, so hopefully it will be ok. Either way, I AIN'T GIVING UP!
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    No way, I don't even think it looks very bad, I think you will notice huge changes if you work on it and stick to it. Imagine if you had 133 pounds to lose, look how much longer it would take...
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    All of our flaws are magnified when we aren't feeling good about ourselves.

Do yourself a favor and hold on before judging yourself.

Lose the weight, gain some muscle, and revisit the issue.

The added confidence will change the "size" of those stretchmarks.
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Aww sweetie, of course it is possible to improve! No doubt about it!!! You can do it and will be happy you did :flowerforyou:
  • bodiva88
    bodiva88 Posts: 308 Member
    I'm not doing this to wear a bikini or look any particular way. I'm doing this to be healthier and have a better quality of life. And although I'm only about 1/4 the way to my goal, I already am seeing huge improvements. I'll have dreadful skin folds tummy and upper arm when I'm done. And if I can afford to have plastic surgery just to keep them from being a physical problem when I reach goal, great, if not, still great. Because I'll be able to walk where I want to, get on and off the bus without worrying about hurting myself, travel freely without carrying around all that extra baggage.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Of course not! I've seen huge improvements (naturally) in belly sag and even in stretch marks. How old is your baby? Stretch marks fade with time, and skin tightens. Yeah, you'll never be "perfect" but really how many people are? Your gave birth to a person!! You are awesome. Get the best, most healthy body you can. You can make great improvements, really. No sense in giving up before you even hit your goal.

And no, it won't get saggier as you lose. It'll get tighter. Skin is remarkable.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!