Workout help :/

Options
Folks, I need some advice. I just started a second job and it's already cutting into my workout time. I move around alot, but I gotta workout to reach my goal. Any ideas?

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Time manage. Wake up earlier if you have to - do a bunch of quick 15 minute work outs through out the day.
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Time manage. Wake up earlier if you have to - do a bunch of quick 15 minute work outs through out the day.

^^^ This. No way around it, working out takes time. I get up at 4:15 just to get in a quick workout before a long commute. Yeah, it sucks, thought I'd never survive the first week, but early grows on ya after a while. "I don't have time" = "It's not important." Best to you!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    i get up an hr before my partner gets up and I go for a run... gives me time to get back and stretch out before gettin him ready for work... means someone is home if my son wakes up while im gone... you do what you have to do to get what you want... if you have time to watch tv you have time to do some exercise! plus you will feel a million times better after a workout than after couch time anyway :D
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do...

I've read that if you want to 'cut' (lose fat, while keeping as much muscle as possible), you can get away with 2 solid full body strength training sessions a week, & use a modest calorie deficit. In that case you could work out on the weekend, and again somewhere in the middle of the week. You could plan walking, for general fitness, somewhere in your commute.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    You have to make the time, no matter what. I workout at home, because its too hard to get the gym with work and being a mom.
  • MusicMakinSnaye
    Options
    Thanks folks. I gonna sit down and re-look at the full schedule. See when I can sneak in some extra workout time. Do what I gotta do :)
  • MikeRuz1
    Options
    I have faith you'll be able to make it work, if the will is there then anything is possible