Any men out there?

Options
I know this is a popular site for women (lots of inspiring women, may I add)! But I'm looking for a few good men who are working on there fitness.

I'm new here. I've gained a considerable amount of weight (I went from being 185ish to 238 pounds), I'm 26 years old, 5'8"... and I just want to work it all off. It would be nice to see some guys around here who are actively doing there thing and are willing to be goal buddies, etc. My goal at this point is to frankly get back down to 190 and go from there. I hate that I've gotten to the point where I can't even find clothes that look flattering on me anymore. :(

Women feel free to add me and reply as well! Just was wondering if I had any male peers out there. Even if I don't, this place is already inspiring enough. :)

Replies

• elishazf
    elishazf Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and went from 215 lbs down to 153,(5 years ago.), Had marriage problems, suffered with depression, then up to 226, and am currently at 196 lbs.

There are quite a few guys on here. Most of us are pretty quiet.
  • FatAmbition
    Options
    I'm 5'8", and went from 215 lbs down to 153,(5 years ago.), Had marriage problems, suffered with depression, then up to 226, and am currently at 196 lbs.

Hey there! Thanks for replying, I'm going to add you to my friends list.

And man, 226 was the heaviest I'd ever been at one point. I'll be stepping on a scale tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure I'm like 238 now! It's insane.... But what can I do but look forward to results, I guess.
  • danj_64
    danj_64 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
  • FatAmbition
    Options
    Feel free to add me.
    I added you!
  • I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options

Have you been in a conversation with a woman, were the guy was right and was rewarded for being so? There is a few reasons we choose to remain quiet...

All that aside, I am 5'5" and choosing to leave my weight unspoken, lets just say... I was called peach in school, and it wasn't because of a like of peaches...:noway:

Ether way, feel free to add me
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm finally down in the 220's now.
  • Stephendw9
    Stephendw9 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    anyone can feel free to add me as well....
  • Badger171
    Options
    Well I am a guy like you who just wants to get back down to a health weight again. I am at 220 depending on what scale i use.
    Wanting to get down to 175 or so. Could use some other guys or help. Feel free to add me.
  • grdarden
    Options
    Hello, I.ve been on MFP for a while but didnt enter anything. In the past two month I have been tracking and have done perty good and enjoy eating better meals. It is good to see other men are here and doing well.
  • pgtrey
    pgtrey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Add me to the ranks of trying to get back into shape. A mostly desk job and lack of motivation brought me to a weight I thought I'd never see. Now I'm pushing hard to make up for it.

Feel free to add me as well.
  • MikeRuz1
    Options
    Hi! feel free to add me if you like, im close to reaching my goal either though I just recently joined the site, now comes the hard part of staying consistent, you'll be able to reach your goals I have no doubt. everyone else is welcome to add me as well
  • cwettstain
    cwettstain Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Track every single thing you eat and stay in the green. That's how you do it. Don't get down on yourself if you have one or two bad days. It's the overall that counts.
  • TheJor91
    Options
    Here looking to gain! Already gained 15 lbs his semester! Add me and anyone else y'all can too!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's raining outside.

but i don't need an umbrella.

why?

Its+Raining+Men.jpg
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm a dude. Feel free to add me.

I've sort of gone the reverse in terms of weight, started at 245 and am now 185. Others have said it, but you need to track what you eat and be completely honest and, if in doubt, err on the side of inserting the higher calorie item.
  • Larence
    Larence Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My highest was 205, down to 187.
  • splitdog79
    splitdog79 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Dude here, too. I've been using mfp for awhile now, but only properly since like June.

Heaviest I ever was was somewhere over 350 (at that point it's tough to find scales that accommodate you, not that you'd want to see why they have to say anyways). My wife realized she was gay and so I moved out and now I'm in the arduous process of reclaiming my life.

I'm down to 233.7 pounds now and my goal is around 150-160. I didn't start trying to lose until early March of this year so I'm hoping, if things continue apace, that I'll hit my goal by March of next year.

Anyways, I'm just starting to use the social features on MFP so I'd love for anyone to add me. It really helps accountability :-)
  • FACERFIT
    FACERFIT Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    add me boss.

looking to get fitter and stronger.

stay positive.... dreams will become reality !
  • taekwonkenpo
    Options
    I am a guy. A totaly awsome guy too! JK Anyway.I am hoping to find people to help me along my journey. I am in the same ship as you. I am currently at 238 and my goal is to get to 200 while minimizing my muscle loss.

All guys, feel free to add me. I am very active on here and i look at food diary's when i can. I like support and the needed kick in the groin to help me stay on track when needed. I want to make my goal!!!