Would you give up if you had my body?

Options

Replies

• leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've had 4 c-sections & my stretch marks are not real pretty at all - but they are a constant reminder that I grew 4 healthy little people so I can't say I'm too bothered by them!!! Not planning to ever wear a bikini (!!) but if I can look decent in a 1-piece I'll be really happy!! :heart:
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There are lotions to firm and fade stretch marks and honestly yours don't look that bad! I think you have a great body and I probably have more than you from being over weight but I still love myself! You need love yourself! There are people with real health problems and don't complain about anything! Don't give up! Keep training and start applying good firming lotions in your tummy! Take care!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My wife had some stretch marks after giving birth to our two boys. They are completely gone now. I do not remember exactly how long it took for them to fade, but it was not forever. It was a few years, at most.
    I think you should never give up. Look at me -- bald as a pool ball. I'll never challenge Daniel Craig for the title of "Dreamiest Man." But that is no reason not to try to look at good as I can. Besides, I feel so much better when I am fit and healthy and strong.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Of course not! I've seen huge improvements (naturally) in belly sag and even in stretch marks. How old is your baby? Stretch marks fade with time, and skin tightens. Yeah, you'll never be "perfect" but really how many people are? Your gave birth to a person!! You are awesome. Get the best, most healthy body you can. You can make great improvements, really. No sense in giving up before you even hit your goal.

And no, it won't get saggier as you lose. It'll get tighter. Skin is remarkable.

What ^ said.

^ this lady is one heckuva inspiration to moms and moms-to-be.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    The stretch marks really arent that bad, and there are lotions/creams that can help reduce them. I heard cocoa butter helps!
  • Sharkington
    Options
    I would definitely not give up! I know what it is like to have those thoughts, though and we can sometimes be so critical of our bodies when, in reality, other people don't see us like we see ourselves. I don't think your stretch marks are bad and I don't think you're going to have to deal with a bunch of loose saggy skin, either. Make sure you lose weight at a healthy rate - that will help you with that in the long run!

Stretch marks fade, like the others here have mentioned. Back when I was 13-14, I gained a lot of weight and got quite a lot of stretch marks on my inner and outer thighs. For so many years I was self conscious about them, but they did fade. I used to worry guys would find them repulsive, but most of the guys I have met don't really care and have been really cool about it. Also, you would also be surprised to find out how many women have stretch marks - LOTS! They are nothing to be ashamed about and I even wear shorts proudly despite my old stretch marks. :) And now that I am eating healthier and working out, I feel so much better about myself, in general; the stretch marks don't get to me like they used to. So no, do not give up because I believe you will feel much better about yourself once you start reaching your goals and toning up. So keep at it - just remember the reasons you wanted to lose weight in the first place.
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Next time you think of beautiful things, don't forget to count YOURSELF in! You are beautiful, deserving, and worthy.
  • nyxrun
    nyxrun Posts: 60
    Options
    I've got stretchmarks like that...and a ton of scars from 3 abdominal surgeries to have assorted organs and such removed. so what? Each and every line, scar, and stretchmark on my belly shows that I am still alive, that I made it this far. Slap some cocoa butter on them and go about making things better :)
  • cathdrew2
    cathdrew2 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You need slow, steady weight loss and a hard-core abdominal regimen - NOT at all a place to give up. I worked with a trainer after baby #2 (and I was over 40) and turned a belly that looked permanently 5 months pg into a flat, trim belly again. Yes, I still have some loose skin and yes, I still have stretch marks but they have faded but I can wear clothing confidently now. With a high-waisted bikini bottom, I can still make a go of a bikini. Now my hopes of being a Victoria Secret model are dashed... lol ...but it was probably time to give up that dream anyway. :) Two beautiful kids is worth any number of stretch marks I have.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Oh dont be hard on urself... although i'm pretty harsh on myself still. Your stretch marks are honestly not that bad though. I'm 20 and i have two kids. When i got pregnant with my first i got super bad stretch marks like really bad and with my seond not too bad but the first pregnancy pretty much did it for both. I'm here if you need to talk cause i know what ur going through cause im still struggling with it and trying to get through it everyday. we can help eachother out and motivate eachother.
  • Aprilstar480
    Aprilstar480 Posts: 2,910 Member
    Options
    545685_232883706811498_100002696101207_319290_1505993_n.jpg

I had my first kid when I was 16 years old. I went from having a nice firm 120lb body to 160lbs with a belly full of marks. It is very discouraging to see all your friends rockin' super cute little bikinis and you have to cover up to avoid embarrasement. I still struggle with this all the time but I would NEVER let that keep me from striving to be healthy and fit. My kids need me and if I gave up I would be letting them down just as much as myself.
  • kiddoc88
    kiddoc88 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    hell no- you are beautiful! you can do anything you set your mind to
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    545685_232883706811498_100002696101207_319290_1505993_n.jpg

I love this.

Motherhood is a beautiful thing.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I saw on your profile that you said you just had a baby around 3 weeks ago. You seriously look amazing after that especially! And don't feel bad, I don't even have children and my stretchmarks are still ever-present on my stomach/hips regardless. It's absolutely worth working on. They will fade over time and things can honestly only improve.

Again, you look great - especially for just recently having a baby!
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    I have a big scar running down my stomach from a bad car accident I was in when I was 17 and although I would never feel comfortable wearing a bikini it's never going to stop me from wanting to lose fat and get healthy. The scar i have has never been allowed to stand in my way. By the way I have seen much much much worse, don't give up :)
  • ClaireM8
    Options
    Look for BioOil - fantastic for reducing the appearance of stretch marks
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    It's very important regardless in terms of health benefits.

I have horrible stretch marks maybe they'll go away
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    try bio-oil not sure if anyone else had said it, it does help a lot. and mine have become smaller withlosing weight as well so dont give up!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Hmm. Why would you give up on yourself, your health, and your well-being? You're kind of defeating yourself before you even try with your own negative attitude. It is not that bad. I have lost over 100 pounds, and will probably never get rid of my saggy skin or stretchmarks, but they are MINE, and they are badges of honor that say who I am and where I have been, and I am learning to love me for ME, and although I WILL continue to make improvements, and make things better, the MOST important thing is my health both physical and mental.

Put the work in. Research solutions for the problems you imagine you will have if/when you lose weight. (I say imagine because you have no idea if you will be saggy or not, until you DO IT). Lift weights. Fuel your body well with good food. Be kind to yourself. Rinse. Repeat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!