confused about "sugars"

Options
My calorie goal is 1200. I usually burn off anything from 500-800 cals 6x a week and often my "net" is only between 100-300 and sometimes in the minus numbers. I was totally naive about diet and fitness, not realisng how much more I should/can eat considering my exercise regime. Plus I read so many people saying that your net should be around 0 but I hear thats wrong.. (hopefully anyway!) anyway I realised today I often go over my sugar limit..but surely there is a difference between sugars we get in fruit and veg and say eating a candy bar? My sugar goal for today is 33g but I have gone to -5. Here is a breakdown of my sugars

Lettuce- 1.7g
Half a carrot- 1.9g
1 tbsp dijon mustard 0.9g
small satsuma 2.2g
Protein "cookie" bites 3.4g
5 grain porridge 0.4g
Unsweetened almond milk 250ml 0.8g
Plain non fat greek yogurt 3.9g
Veggie burger 0.8g
courgette 0.9g
100 g choc-orange protein bar-.1.9

So that's all relatively low..but I seem to have slipped up by drinking veggie juice! And I juiced it myself so not shop bought stuff with loads of added "bad" ingredients..turns out that 250ml of carrot, celery, beetroot and ginger juice has 17g sugar.
I really wanted an apple as well after dinner but that would have added another 16g meaning I'd have overdone by sugars by over 20g..I feel I am already pretty strict with my diet and think its kinda crazy that I'm gonna have to cut out things like courgettes and mustard to make sure my sugars are ok. I could cut out the protein bars but I'm not a big meat eater so don't get much protein otherwise. Plus I always read blogs from fitness gurus who make things like casein desserts and chocolate cakes from protein powder etc so surely that has some "sugars" but they manage to stay really fit and healthy. I was so amazed that I had gone overboard and feel really gross in myself. It just sucks that I already feel I'm so healthy but will now have to cut back even more. Everyone says I need to up my calories since my net is always so llow but i dont see how I can considering this!!

also my net for today is 439..is that too high?

Replies

• Luvr2502
    Options
    You should take a cinnamon supplement with your meals. It helps prevent insulin from storing glucose as fat.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I think its a priority that you read this thread

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

This will explain how many calories you really need.

Good luck!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You are making daily posts about the same thing and you will get the same answers. You are not eating enough and appear to have an ED - please seek a professional.
  • celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi Bree!

Let me quote for you something you said in another post:
    I have developed a bit of a "fear of food"
    Yes, you have. You are stressing out and doing more harm than good.

Visit a nutritionist and get your exact needs calculated and written down so that you have something to follow.

While MFP offers a wealth of advice from many talented and impressive users, it can not address your micro needs in regard to your diet questions.

Please visit a nutritionist for all of your specific and good questions, and report back with what you find!