Girls & Gym

Options

Replies

• Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but who really cares? Just do your thing, and let them do theirs.

Don't worry I don't lose sleep over this,but just a random thought after overhearing the girl today.. and thought as MFP is full of opinions I would share my view and see what others though.

Yea, I think it is an interesting thing, I am glad you shared it. I know if I had seen and overheard that exact convo/situation, I would have rolled my eyes and probably facebooked a status about how lame some people can be. lol At the end of the day, I guess it is better to pick up a gym rat than an alcoholic at a bar/club? haha
  • gnr123
    gnr123 Posts: 173
    Options
    Sorry, but who really cares? Just do your thing, and let them do theirs.

Don't worry I don't lose sleep over this,but just a random thought after overhearing the girl today.. and thought as MFP is full of opinions I would share my view and see what others though.

Yea, I think it is an interesting thing, I am glad you shared it. I know if I had seen and overheard that exact convo/situation, I would have rolled my eyes and probably facebooked a status about how lame some people can be. lol At the end of the day, I guess it is better to pick up a gym rat than an alcoholic at a bar/club? haha

:laugh: Fair point, I never thought of it like that..
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    DO WHAT YOU WANT ITS YOUR LIFE ... now that thats out the way ... lets all gym naked??
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't care. They're paying for their membership they can do what they want with it. Just don't get in my way or bother me and its whatever. I don't like when people wear strong perfumes at the gym though.
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Random irritation at the gym...

Hates with a passion seeing girls at the gym for the wrong reasons..Girls who come to the gym wearing totally inappropriate clothes, wear there hair down and don't even break a sweat..

Actually overheard one of these types say "I am just going to go up like this, I'm not really working out, I will just watch you and spot the talent" (wearing leggings and uggs!)

Come on girls, that's not what the gym is about..It's called working out for a reason..Stop caring what you look like and do some exercise..

Agree?

I hate the ones dressed stupidly reading magazines or playing on iPads (yes an iPad at the gym!) on the bikes or just sitting on a machine whilst reading/playing and just getting in the way O_O

One had the cheek to turn round and say that I 'ugly the place up' and that I 'sweat too much' O_O
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    my-favorite-exercise-at-the-gym-would-be-judging-dr-heckle-funny-fail-pictures.jpg
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Meh, it wouldn't bother me that much. Would give me something to laugh to myself about in between sets though. Yes, it's stupid, but as long as they're not taking up my equipment by standing around then I don't mind.

Who on earth would go to the gym with hair down though, unless it's really short??! I don't even wear my hair down often in daily life because it blows everywhere and gets on my nerves! I couldn't imagine putting myself through that in the gym of all places.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Who cares, as long as they're not tying up a piece of equipment......
  • kimbolay7
    kimbolay7 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    my-favorite-exercise-at-the-gym-would-be-judging-dr-heckle-funny-fail-pictures.jpg

:laugh:
  • Everythin2Lose
    Options
    We get all types at my gym (ladies only)... I always get jealous of the ones that can walk in and out with a full face of makeup- but then again they do tend to chill on the machines doing a rep per minute. They entertain me mostly if I've left my ipod at home!

Me? I'm the one who walks-in wearing leggings and two sports bras and a comfy tshirt.... and I walk about red as a beetroot and sweating like a pig. That's attractive right? ... This is why I go to a ladies gym, I don't want to care what I look like doing deadlifts, squats and being the fat chick on the tready dripping!
  • gnr123
    Options
    Wow so many keyboard warriors on here.

Lets get a few things straight

I simply expressed my annoyance on what I seen and overheard at my gym yesterday therefore I shared my view on here..

Now please all jump back of the bandwagon as I do not judge people who go to the gym, I applaud all people who go the the gym to work out, I am sorry if you disagree with my opinion of people who go to the gym for something else then working out but please do not worry yourselves too much about this slight irritant of mine, it is NOT something I lose sleep over and to be completely honest yesterday was the first time I had ever though about it..I almost uploaded this as a status to Facebook but thought that it would make more sense on a website that primary bases itself on fitness/weight loss etc etc

If you disagree with my opinion then fine, express your's...That is my friends generally how a 'discussion' works.
  • louised88
    Options
    Didn't realise there were all these unwritten rules. Should we quiz people before they're allowed to join, just to make sure their gym-joining motives are noble enough?

Also saying you don't judge people while you're blatantly judging people is an impressive example of double-think, well done.
  • louised88
    Options
    I personally cant go to the gym without some form of make up on, I dont know why I do this because I swear it all off :/
    Anyways my thing is always...why do girls/women wear next to nothing and then complain when everyone looks at them?
    Am missing something?

For now I will continue to work out in my StarCraft/modern warfare (insert any other gaming tshirts) and joggers

My sis and I met Mish Bridges (australian biggest loser) las weekend and my sister was kicking herself after because she forgot to ask what lippy Mish wears. She had her face on while leading a workout of around 1000 people and it didn't even smudge.

Wow now this I would really like to know! That must of been some kick *kitten* lippy!

Maybe she used that lipcote stuff? that and urban decay make-up setting spray are truly impressive, use them and your make-up ain't moving .
  • gnr123
    Options
    Didn't realise there were all these unwritten rules. Should we quiz people before they're allowed to join, just to make sure their gym-joining motives are noble enough?

Also saying you don't judge people while you're blatantly judging people is an impressive example of double-think, well done.

:laugh: I will get a clip board and stand outside my local gym to ensure people who are coming in are worthy enough ha ha

Well it wasn't a judgement as I heard the girl loud and clear say why she was at the gym and it wasn't to work out..
  • wildapril
    wildapril Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5.40am - brush my teeth and leave for the gym to be there at 6.00am. I dont even brush my hair, zero make up and I wear long tights and just a singlet top - nothing fancy for expensive.

I am not there to pick up and or check out the talent.

I used to be the type of girl who would not EVER leave the house without make up. I am now so much more confident in myself and not caring what I look like, especially when I am covered in sweat and red as a tomato.

:)

I dont know why anyone would waste their time and money to do that.
    AT my gym there is a girl who comes in with her hair all done and a face full of make up.

GOD ! EVen my friend I used to go with would get up at god knows what time to do her make up. I think its a waste of make up and effort really haha.

Hey now, maybe they didn't get up early to do their makeup. Maybe they're just getting off of a long night :wink:
  • gnr123
    Options
    I personally cant go to the gym without some form of make up on, I dont know why I do this because I swear it all off :/
    Anyways my thing is always...why do girls/women wear next to nothing and then complain when everyone looks at them?
    Am missing something?

For now I will continue to work out in my StarCraft/modern warfare (insert any other gaming tshirts) and joggers

My sis and I met Mish Bridges (australian biggest loser) las weekend and my sister was kicking herself after because she forgot to ask what lippy Mish wears. She had her face on while leading a workout of around 1000 people and it didn't even smudge.

Wow now this I would really like to know! That must of been some kick *kitten* lippy!

Maybe she used that lipcote stuff? that and urban decay make-up setting spray are truly impressive, use them and your make-up ain't moving .

Is there such a thing? Never heard of it..Will look into it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Meh, something to look at between sets.
  • MissFitee
    MissFitee Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    DO WHAT YOU WANT ITS YOUR LIFE ... now that thats out the way ... lets all gym naked??

Will we be getting pictures of this? :p
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    So, you only judge people if they aren't working out at the gym? But if they are then they are fine? Right..

Honestly, who gives a flying flip? I wear uggs and sweats to the gym all the time.. and granted I change, but those are damn comfy clothes!
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    as long as they pay the fees, I'm good
    I hate thought the moment when I get all excited to see girl picking up 20 kg plate just to find out she is using it to put under her hills while she's squatting 5kg in the smith machine...