Would you give up if you had my body?

Options

Replies

• DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    If someone doesn't have stretchmarks, they aren't human.

Everyone has them in some place, in some amount of intensity. It's nothing to be embarrassed about, and certainly no reason to give up anything over.
  • spozzybear
    spozzybear Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Look for BioOil - fantastic for reducing the appearance of stretch marks

^^^ this! Bio-oil has been my lifesaver!
  • pilatemom
    Options
    Thankyou all. I'll keep going forward.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You honestly look pretty darn good! Sure, you can see stretch marks in the close up shot, but it's a close up shot! Most of us look like that when the camera is that close. Heck, even your side shot looked great.

If you're worried about saggy skin, just make sure to take the weight loss slow and steady. You'll save your skin's elasticity if you aim for no more than 2 lbs a week.
  • agent99oz
    agent99oz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Posture - if you have had a baby this will be out of whack you will need to realign this to help flatten the tummy
    The stretch marks will fade in time - you will be left with some skin - I have it on my tummy!
    Sucks keep us posted = think of this as a lifelong commitment to yourself - no quick fix here!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My stretch marks are just as bad, but I have even more saggy skin than you do. 3 kids - 2 c-sections, and toxemia that blew me up from 128lb starting weight with pregnancy to 212 at delivery (a month early). I'm working at it and I'm going to do the best I can. No matter what, I know that eating healthy and exercising makes me feel better generally, and weight training is reducing my size all over. Keep at it! It's slower, and we will never be completely like we were pre-baby, but we can get pretty darned close! I've seen some amazing before/afters of others just like us!
  • RhondaMH65
    RhondaMH65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I say that because of the stretchmarks. If you had awful stretchmarks on your tummy, would you even work at getting a better tummy? Other than fat, can the sagginess even really be repaired? Could I even tone it? I mean, when I lose weight it's going to get veery, veeery saggy.

Heres the pictures of how I used to be.
    n.jpeg

nn-1.jpeg

Heres my stomach now
    1125122054.jpeg

1125122054b_01.jpeg

Would you even care about your body anymore? I mean, can the sagginess even get fully better? Even if it gets way more saggy when I lose the 33 pounds I have left to lose.
    I was about 27 when I watched the movie Shirley Valentine and a couple of the lines that always stay with me are, He kissed my stretch marks.......Don't try to hide these lines . . . They prove that you have survived
  • TiffersStr1
    TiffersStr1 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Heck, I'm over 60, tons of stretch marks and even more saggy SAGGY skin..I'm doing this for the health benefits more than how I will look naked. :laugh: Keep on keepin' on, girl.:flowerforyou:
  • ghost2012
    Options
    NEVER GIVE UP..
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    there are people on this site that are in a way way WAY worse situation than u and they keep on keeping strong... be thankful ;)
  • lilteepot
    Options
    A little perspective? I'd kill to have a body like yours... Stretchmarks and all. I have stretchmarks WITHOUT having any children, and they are EVERYWHERE on my body -- no just my belly. When I get skinny, the scars will simply be proof of all the hard work I put in to get where I want to be.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    they WILL lighten in time! honestly it might take a few years but you wont always be left with them looking quite so 'angry'
    you need to concentrate on the positive :- your tummy is getting smaller! I would love it if mine was anywhere near as flat as yours :)

I'm sure you do get lotions and potions to rub on stretchmarks hopefully someone will enlighten you if thats the case and they work :)

Ruth
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    After 3 kids (2 C sections) my belly area is pretty bad. I will never wear a bikini. But I haven't given up because having a fit body means more than wearing belly baring clothes. It means not having that muffin top. It means looking cute in a pencil skirt or form fitting dress. It means wearing slim jeans with a form fitting t-shirt. It means being able to run around with your kids without passing out from exhaustion.

My scars won't fade. I've accepted that. But I still want that six pack, not to show the world, but to assist me in living the most juicy and active life possible.

P.S. My husband met and fell in love with me with a belly full of stretch marks. I had already had 2 kids by then. They didn't turn him off and even after kid #3, he still doesn't have a problem with them. So if that's what you're worried about, don't.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    OMG I wish I was that saggy! I've had 2 c-sections, and SW of 290. My goal would be to look even half as good as you stretch marks or not. Relax the vanity part a bit and focus on the healthy part. you can always do something surgical if you're so inclined once you reach goal.

An no I would not give up if I had your body, I'd rejoice and be dancing in the streets!! :drinker:
  • crazy4lulu
    crazy4lulu Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    you give up and personally gonna come kick you in hte *kitten*. read my profile then talk to me!!!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!
  • dutchman24
    dutchman24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Give up?? Why? I'd say you look great! Now, this is a man's viewpoint....If its the stretch mark...they'll pretty much disappear in time....
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, never give up! It can ALWAYS get better as long as you do not give up. It takes time to make major change.

never-give-up.jpg?w=610&h=458
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I had a baby when I was 17 and got a ton of stretch marks from it. I don't care. I don't even take them into consideration. They're there, there's nothing I can do about it, so why bother worrying about it?

Anyway, they fade to almost invisible over time.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Never give up. I promise it will get better. With hard work all can be achieved. Will our bodies ever be "perfect" and blemish free again? Not likely.
    But you'll get to a place you are comfortable.
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    hi sweetie i had seven kids and look at my stomach in my profile pic. I have all kinds of stripes. And yes i will show my belly with pride. i did turbo fire, taebo and sit ups. As long as i get my stomach down i can care less about strecth marks.Dont give up look at me prime example.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!