Would you give up if you had my body?

Options

Replies

• Bernadettetoo
    Options
    I say that because of the stretchmarks. If you had awful stretchmarks on your tummy, would you even work at getting a better tummy? Other than fat, can the sagginess even really be repaired? Could I even tone it? I mean, when I lose weight it's going to get veery, veeery saggy.

Heres the pictures of how I used to be.
    n.jpeg

nn-1.jpeg

Heres my stomach now
    1125122054.jpeg

1125122054b_01.jpeg

Would you even care about your body anymore? I mean, can the sagginess even get fully better? Even if it gets way more saggy when I lose the 33 pounds I have left to lose.

I am 55 and have had them since I was 16. They will fade to white in time. Exercise helps. Mine have never gone away, but are not that noticeable. Most of us have them...or will. Battle scars!
  • dawson55510
    dawson55510 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Never give up!!!

Also when the marks are red they can heal once they are white they cant
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Time (ie they will fade after a while), and Bio oil are two good things that I have seen suggested for stretch marks- not sure if anyone has suggested those to you. Well done on the weight loss!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I say that because of the stretchmarks. If you had awful stretchmarks on your tummy, would you even work at getting a better tummy? Other than fat, can the sagginess even really be repaired? Could I even tone it? I mean, when I lose weight it's going to get veery, veeery saggy.

Heres the pictures of how I used to be.
    n.jpeg

nn-1.jpeg

Heres my stomach now
    1125122054.jpeg

1125122054b_01.jpeg

Would you even care about your body anymore? I mean, can the sagginess even get fully better? Even if it gets way more saggy when I lose the 33 pounds I have left to lose.

I have a body that is much WORSE than your body, and I am NOT giving up.

this was 2.5 months AFTER I started, and I had already lost 5-7lbs. Can you imagine what I looked like when I started? Oh yeah, FYI...my "baby" was in Kindergarten in this pic.
    dillons party by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I have been going to the gym religiously 3-4x a week since February 2012. I'm not sure there are many other members who are THAT religious about it....

I have now lost 32 pounds, and started weightlifting, and now I look like this.

8193379046_12510bafc2_q.jpg
    IMG00817-20121113-0848 by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

I'm not sure I will ever have the flat belly that I had 18 years and 3 kids ago, but I sure am going to try. Never know, I may end up having a BETTER body once you can see all my muscles.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Nope, I wouldn't give up. You don't look like you have much weight to lose and I don't know many women without stretch marks. I would rather be a nice healthy size with stretch marks than obese with stretch marks. No-one can see the stretch marks when you are dressed.
  • Beckyloo80
    Beckyloo80 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    I have those stretch marks too, thank you children. Since I have been working out, my sagginess has improved and so have the look of the stretch marks. Do not give up!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I think you will be fine, and I wouldnt give up. I am also covered in stretch marks but my tummy isnt getting worse with exercise. Keep at, keep hydrated, exercise, moisturize and eat properly, and you will be just fine. No worries :wink:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    No I would not give up I'd keep going... My body looked so much worse at the start

My before stomach photo
    fda.jpg

What it looks like now pretty much.
    myjour.jpg

I am still working but there are things that you can do to lighten up the stretch marks and tone up the belly, I still have a ways to go but don't give up, I sure ain't!
  • MRITechheg
    MRITechheg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    no way girl! you dont even look bad, you are beautiful and u can only improve if u keep your heart in it!!! I am here for you through your journey and I will help in any way i can. we can become fitness partner/rivals! it will be fun !!! I cant wait to see all you upcomming progress its gonna be a wonderful new year! keep up the good work
    YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    NO way!!!! never give up! i've seen major transformations on people with stretch marks, you can so do it!!!
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks suck but it does not keep you from getting in shape getting good conditioning rocking a bikini etc. Forget about them and focus on your real goals-looking and feeling fantastic. Stretch marks are just a distraction. This is me. Stretch marks don't define me.

Photoon2012-11-26at0743.jpg
  • chelima118
    chelima118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Never Give up! Your health should come first! Looking good is just a plus.

[img][/img]
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Why would you give up? There are people on this site much bigger than you, probably with stretch marks covering the majority of their body and they strive to better themselves.
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not only do I have stretch marks but I gained so much weight so fast I have lots of loose skin from my 3 pregnancies. You'll want to tone your mid section regardless. A strong core makes for a stronger YOU! You can always use shapewear to help smooth out and lumps or sags. My belly is way worse & my husband doesn't care. It's more my issue.
  • karylee44
    Options
    they will defiantly fade over time.. my kids are 11, 11, and 14.. two c-sections and believe me.. the twins did some SERIOUS damage! my stomach still isnt where i want it to be.. but im a work in progress..
  • StrongerMomto7
    StrongerMomto7 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have had 7 kids myself, and I had some terrible stretch marks. They do fade some over time. And it's amazing what changes can happen as you tone up. And honestly, I wouldn't give up. Healthy is beautiful!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Mine are MUCH worse than yours - BUT I am proud of my stretchmarks. They are battle scars. I will never fill them out again. You look fine hun and I am sure they will fade and reduce as time goes on. Mine were stretched for 30 years so I don't expect mine to reduce but I like them strangely BECAUSE I have lost the weight.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Never Give up! Your health should come first! Looking good is just a plus.

Well said!

A good diet and exercise help you to improve your health, have fun, live longer, and help you keep up with your kids. Besides if you're seeking perfection, stop, as you're never going to find it. We all have flaws, physical, personality and emotional flaws and we all have to live with them. Learn to love yourself and move on.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hah, no worse than mine when I started. It improves if you lose the fat at a sensible rate.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!