Has anyone tried running in the reebok toning shoes...

Options

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Walking, yes. Running, absolutely not.
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I got Reebok TrainTones after my sister was raving about them and then her trainer told them NO NO NO! They're horrible for working out AND running.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Those shoes are silly. Return them and buy real running shoes for running.
  • stephvaile
    stephvaile Posts: 298
    Options
    i don,t like reebok full stop ,
    when running always wear properly fitted running shoes my favourites are asics and saucony
  • paperducks
    Options
    I don't like Reebok shoes either. I did have the toning shoes for 3 months and found that they were really uncomfortable. My favourite running shoes are made by Asics. :) They're light in weight and give my feet great support.
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I've had the shoes for about a year or 2. As a matter of fact I forgot I had them, until I came across this post. I would wear them, not to workout or anything, but I'd wear them when I felt like it, lol. They would always make my toes go numb, and no the laces weren't tight, nor were the shoes.
  • InTheInbetween
    InTheInbetween Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally I didn't have a problem running in them for short distances. I found them quite useful for hill sets. They really did cause my legs (particularly calves and hams) to work harder for each step (which IS what they advertised . . ). I also felt like the balance pods actually encouraged my muscles to discover and maintain their own stability. That being said though, at a certain point simple muscle fatigue made it more difficult to maintain the proper balance on those pods. THAT is when they became a detriment. Thus, I would not recommend running more than a couple miles in them or simply be very aware of what your muscles and joints are telling you.

TBH, while I did notice a difference with them running hills, were I to do it again i'd just as soon spend that kind of money on proper running shoes (which I did anyway) and run harder hills. :wink:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of those. My feet never hurt so bad. From my toes to my hips, everything was in pain. My toes and feet were constantly numb. I got a pair of regular Reebok running shoes. What a difference it made.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Bad idea. Those things are made to create instability. When running you need stability. Don't don it...you'll end up hurt.

^This.
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOO!! I know of a girl who broke her ankle while running in these shoes!! I have a pair that I wear occasionally to work, but I don't like them. Just can't afford a new pair of work shoes atm. Love my Nikes for working out in :-)
  • PRprincess
    PRprincess Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i had no problem with mine, but i had worn them down significantly with daily wear before i ever even attempted to run.

I have a pair and and I use them for daily use. I love them. I don't run or workout in them tho.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I had a pair of those. I actually got money back from the lawsuit against them, because they don't do what they claim. They really hurt my feet when I would do anything in them.
  • JennW130
    JennW130 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Lots of people tried them, that's why Reebok got sued and had to fork out $25,000.000......
    and I was one of those people who got *some* of my money back
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    i ran a 10km in them :)

wasnt the best idea but i didnt have any other trainers so just went with it!

i've also used them for my outiside exercise class and found them really comfy compared to the othere trainers i recently purchased. only used it twice though so will keep you posted :)
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Walking, yes. Running, absolutely not.

I agree with this. I got some, great for walking but couldn't run in them at all. Hurt my feet and legs (not in a good work out kind of hurt lol). I went back to wearing my tatty old Nikes until I could afford new ones they were that bad.
  • rebeccavh
    rebeccavh Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bad idea to run in them. Im sure you've already gotten that message from everyone else's posts. There was actually a class action lawsuit with those shoes.

I had a pair just for wearing at work- and I ended up getting a bruise on the top of my foot from those shoes- I think the tongue hit my foot funny, so I stopped wearing them shortly after I bought them.
  • xprofighterx
    Options
    Right first of all yes im a man the thing is im a size 6.5 in a trainer and I tried apair of of these trainers I swear by them ive bought 3 pairs already im an xproboxer and I know all about road workI train run and box in these trainers simply tone if you're having problems it means you have not done alot of road work you won't too ask me anything. i was 18st 2 when I started wearing them now im 14st 9lbs best trainer and good comfort having trouble trying too get hold of simply tone in a black and gold in a size 7 help
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Right first of all yes im a man the thing is im a size 6.5 in a trainer and I tried apair of of these trainers I swear by them ive bought 3 pairs already im an xproboxer and I know all about road workI train run and box in these trainers simply tone if you're having problems it means you have not done alot of road work you won't too ask me anything. i was 18st 2 when I started wearing them now im 14st 9lbs best trainer and good comfort having trouble trying too get hold of simply tone in a black and gold in a size 7 help
    Anecdotes aren't evidence. Talk to any orthopedist (professional doctor for muscle/joint/bone injuries) and they'll tell you that shoes like this aren't ideal for running.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options