Girls & Gym

Options
1235»

Replies

• gogoyubarino
    gogoyubarino Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't really care what they do, as long as they keep out of my way.

Incidentally, I can do intervals AND spot the talent at the same time. :)
  • BronnersHarris
    BronnersHarris Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I never quite get why people pay the fees to not use it properly but on the other hand the less girls use the weights, the less chance there is I will have to wait for anything I need.

It's hard to really judge though - today people would have said the same about me. Turned up with make-up and left with most of it still in place. I have injured my knees though so spent the first 40 minutes just stretching/massaging them and then did a balance class. Did some uppder body work but it's hard without the use of bending/squatting so I likely looked like I was taking it very easy.
  • Sweatinglikeapigtolooklikeafox
    Options
    Random irritation at the gym...

Hates with a passion seeing girls at the gym for the wrong reasons..Girls who come to the gym wearing totally inappropriate clothes, wear there hair down and don't even break a sweat..

Actually overheard one of these types say "I am just going to go up like this, I'm not really working out, I will just watch you and spot the talent" (wearing leggings and uggs!)

Come on girls, that's not what the gym is about..It's called working out for a reason..Stop caring what you look like and do some exercise..

You must mean me then lol I read while on the bikes but usually I am sweating and causing puddles around me

Agree?

I hate the ones dressed stupidly reading magazines or playing on iPads (yes an iPad at the gym!) on the bikes or just sitting on a machine whilst reading/playing and just getting in the way O_O

One had the cheek to turn round and say that I 'ugly the place up' and that I 'sweat too much' O_O
  • oceangirl37
    oceangirl37 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm at the gym for one reason, to work out. I could care less what others do, just as long as they leave me alone.

_Kristin
  • DefyGravity1977
    DefyGravity1977 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My peave is the ones who go in with their hair and makeup done up completely. I am talking heavy makeup and big hair. Then they strut around like they own the place and give the rest of us normal people dirty looks. Come on folks! Be real about the gym!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't care one way or another, but I do find it funny when girls come in with a full face of make-up dressed in something clingy and low-cut, and then spend something like 3 minutes on a stepper, or walk really slowly on the treadmill! It doesn't affect my workout, but it does amuse me!

Sometimes I go to the gym straight from work though and forget to take my ear-rings out and have a bit of make-up on, but I can't stand working out with my hair loose.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Doesn't really bother me, I just want to get in, do my thing and get out. Seems like an expensive way to check out the eye candy but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Now the people that dont' wipe down, chat on phones etc......that's a whole different story :grumble:
  • RosaC773
    RosaC773 Posts: 126
    Options
    Some people on MFP are so critical when you share your opinion. I usually go to the gym and as humans we are always "THINKING". Sometimes those thoughts are not always going to be deep and profund.

Sometimes while sitting there between sets, I kind of glance around the room and do some people watching.

I think it is entertaining to see all the different characters at the gym. (People of Walmart, People of the subway, etc.)

People of Xsport -

*Big muscle men who spot each other while yelling uncontrollably during their set.
    *Group of Eastern European men that don't believe in anti-perspirant and wear flip flops to workout.
    *The women in Zumba who workout with their hair down when the Hot Male instructor is there but they put their hair up when
    the female instructor is there.
    *Group of Latin men that workout in big gold chains and A-Shirts.

The list can go on and on.

Many people do this, whether they are aware of this or not.

Seinfeld was a show about nothing but it was pretty much about the main characters making fun/commenting on other people.

It doesn't mean you don't have a life - we just make an observation and comment.

Sometimes those observations can create a good laugh.
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for another gym, mainly for this very reason.

The chicks where I work out do this...show up either wearing pajamas or they're all dolled up (full make up, prom-like hair) -- I've never seen anyone but myself actually break a sweat at my ladies-only gym.

Whatever, I get it-- it's your money.
    But it's not like they're picking up..they're just hogging the cardio or weight equipment by sitting on it, not moving.Jjust texing their friends.
    If you politely ask them to move, you get attitude.

it makes no sense to me...especially when I go to the most expensive gym in the region.
    Go to the clubs, and get the hell out of my way
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    i love it that is one of the reasons i go to the gym
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Wow so many keyboard warriors on here.

Lets get a few things straight

I simply expressed my annoyance on what I seen and overheard at my gym yesterday therefore I shared my view on here..

Now please all jump back of the bandwagon as I do not judge people who go to the gym, I applaud all people who go the the gym to work out, I am sorry if you disagree with my opinion of people who go to the gym for something else then working out but please do not worry yourselves too much about this slight irritant of mine, it is NOT something I lose sleep over and to be completely honest yesterday was the first time I had ever though about it..I almost uploaded this as a status to Facebook but thought that it would make more sense on a website that primary bases itself on fitness/weight loss etc etc

If you disagree with my opinion then fine, express your's...That is my friends generally how a 'discussion' works.

:flowerforyou: I think people are taking it personally for some reason...or taking it personally for her. lol. I thought it was pretty funny and glad you shared it.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    DO WHAT YOU WANT ITS YOUR LIFE ... now that thats out the way ... lets all gym naked??
    Count me in, LOL :P
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    The fact that some girls go to the gym for reasons other than working out is annoying, especially when they go in groups of 3-4, full make-up on and booty shorts, just staring at people and talking to each other. I don't care that they pay the fees, they pay to work out not to sit around making other people uncomfortable.
    I overheard one of these girls telling her friend how gross it was that this heavier lady's face was red and sweaty, and how "the hot guy" wasn't there that night so they might as well leave early.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The fact that some girls go to the gym for reasons other than working out is annoying, especially when they go in groups of 3-4, full make-up on and booty shorts, just staring at people and talking to each other. I don't care that they pay the fees, they pay to work out not to sit around making other people uncomfortable.
    I overheard one of these girls telling her friend how gross it was that this heavier lady's face was red and sweaty, and how "the hot guy" wasn't there that night so they might as well leave early.

^^^^Agreed. As someone who sweats a lot, turn beet red, have a frizzy train wreck hot mess of a situation that is my hair, I don't really feel like being judged by those chicks.

Then again...all those things I listed are signs of my working my *kitten* off...So, oh well. But I still agree. I don't need rude azz b's sitting around judging me.