thai crab cakes- 120-150 calorie meal!

Options
melville88
melville88 Posts: 137
Here's a recipe for thai-style crab cakes that I semi-made up but thought it tasted great! To make 4 small crab-cakes (enough for 2 people) you will need:

One medium potato, peeled
One small tin of crab-meat
2 tsps of thai red curry paste (more depending on your chilli-heat tolerance level)
A dash of milk
Half an onion
2 tsps of lemon juice
1 tsp of thai fish sauce (optional but it enhances the fishy flavour)
Salt and pepper to taste.

Boil the potato and mash with the milk until it is a smooth consistency but not overly runny (it should hold together though)

In another pan, fry the onions (you don't need to use oil if you use a non-stick pan, but if your pan does stick, try using a little water) and add the thai red curry paste and fish sauce. When the onions have softened, stir in the crab meat and lemon juice.

Then add this mixture to the potatoes and stir.

Shape the potato into cakes and place on a non-stick baking tray (it should make 4 small crab cakes or 2 large)

Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

I serve mine with a baby spinach salad with honey and mustard dressing but I think some sweet chilli dipping sauce would complement them perfectly as well.

Per portion (2 crab cakes, or half of this recipe) its about 120 calories and very low fat (1-2 grams). With spinach and light honey and mustard dressing you're looking at a delicious 150 calorie meal!

Replies

• RhondaCrombie
    Options
    Sounds great!
  • cagirl1968
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for the recipe!
  • melville88
    Options
    thats ok! hope you enjoy it! xxx
  • melville88
    Options
    thats ok! hope you enjoy it! xxx
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    That sounds great! I'm not a fan of the fish sauce though so i will try making this over the weekend without it.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Bumping into my topics :)
  • melville88
    Options
    oops, i forgot- you might want to add a clove of garlic in there for good measure! i don't think it affects it much, i'm just a bit addicted to the stuff! (attractive breath...) xxx