Are you hungrier bfore/during/after your TOM?

Options
I am just noticing a trend here since I've been watchin calroie intake.

And it seems that the few days before TOM I am just hungrier and can't seem to get enough to eat. Then after I start, I'm hardly hungry at all!!

Oh wonderful hormones!!

Just curious if I'v the only one????

Replies

• rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    All of the above
    haha, but I try to eat healthy stuff... its my TOM now and i just remembered I have a half of a chocolate bar in my purse......
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm right there with ya... some months it's worse than others. It stinks to have to fight an uphill battle for a few days or a week out of each month, doesn't it?!?! :angry:
  • futureonfire
    futureonfire Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Choclate Bar!! lol!!

I've made every "healthy" chocolate thing I can think of and STIlL WANT some good ole Graeters black raspberry chip! But I did't give in. Instead I got WW frozen snicker bars. HAven't ahd one of those yet either...lol But now that you mention it....

Will try to drink some water and see if I can't "fool" myself into not eating anymore tonight. Think tomorrow will definitely be better!
  • hannahlang85
    hannahlang85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you! The same thing happens to me every month... right before my TOM I'm starving all day long, even right after I eat! But then my hunger disappears during. So your not alone at all! Just try to keep eating heathy!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I notice it too. But its not just 'snaking' hungry... I'm actually HUNGRY where I can't get enough to eat. So I just eat. I figure it evens out for those days where I just don't feel like eating all my calories. :happy:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I know this is way off topic but i wonder how many guys that just start MFP wonder some weird thoughts with the TOM postings :laugh:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungrier before, but afterward I always notice that I'm CRABBY!! (So stand back a few feet from me for the next few days!) :laugh:
    I know this is way off topic but i wonder how many guys that just start MFP wonder some weird thoughts with the TOM postings :laugh:
    I didn't know who TOM was until about a week into reading the forums.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I know this is way off topic but i wonder how many guys that just start MFP wonder some weird thoughts with the TOM postings laugh

Especially if their name is Tom... they probably run away screaming "what'd I do!?!?!" :noway:
  • Felistorm
    Felistorm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to fll up on healthy stuff and then allow room for chocolate so long as I stay under my calorie count. I also walk alot but if I had no chocolate the crabbiness would be unbearable LOL I am going through it right now. I'm still getting the hang of all this though. :P
  • thisemmabites
    Options
    I know this is way off topic but i wonder how many guys that just start MFP wonder some weird thoughts with the TOM postings laugh

Especially if their name is Tom... they probably run away screaming "what'd I do!?!?!" :noway:

I remember a guy on one of the posts said. " I don't know who this TOM guy is. Why are u all pissed at him? What'd he do?!" haha it was awesome :P
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Yep didn't know who TOM was. I have since gathered the info rather quickly though.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yep didn't know who TOM was. I have since gathered the info rather quickly though.

And you'll be paying for it for the rest of your life... :flowerforyou:
  • Fancy_Nancy2
    Fancy_Nancy2 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I want red meat when I have my TOM and not just 4 oz like a whole plate of it. I also want chocolate to. And I am starving the whole time but i try my hardest to be good.
  • meerkat88
    meerkat88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I totally was going to ask if people were hungrier before that and forgot! I totally realized last time that Im NEVER satisfied right before and my will power seams to disappear so I looked back at other TOMs and totally saw a trend of eating way more a few days before. I figure its your body trying to stock up so it has enough energy to do daily stuff and do that girly stuff? lol i dunno Im no biologist!
  • roylawrence87
    Options

And you'll be paying for it for the rest of your life... :flowerforyou:

Nah. Just part of life sweetie.
  • cwm518
    cwm518 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ok, so elephant in the room...What is TOM?
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    Ok, so elephant in the room...What is TOM?
    time of the month :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    i'm always starving the 2 days before,and then the first day.....not only for snack and chocolate but just anything. i'm like a bottomless pit. and then during the rest of toms visit i'm hardly hungry at all but still have a hard time passing up chocolate

nanimo bars are my worst enemy while toms here because i could eat them endlessly
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Before and during for me. I'm usually good about eating as well as I can as long as I can have a little bit of chocolate. I bought a bunch of Cadbury Eggs to last me a while. I allow myself one per month and as long as I get my chocolate fix everything's all good. lol
  • roylawrence87
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Question from a guys point of view. Is this intake controllable or uncontrollable? I know menstruation requires extra caloric intake. Sooo... Does this have to come from candy or chocolate? I can tell when the roomie's TOM is when she loads up on candy. Is this just a craving or what? I have seen some of the other ladies post that they can't put down the sweets during TOM. Just wondering.

Any and all info is appreciated.:flowerforyou: