2»

Replies

• LeLe628
    Options
    sounds good!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Drinking a gallon of water a day is ridiculous unless you're working in a sweat shop. All you're doing is stressing your kidneys and flushing out minerals you need.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    If you are active or you workout 1 gallon for your body is nothing. I can finish a half of a gallon during/after a workout alone some times. 1 gallon is perfectly safe. The lady that drank all that water did it all at once and it was a lot more than a gallon, if you drink 1 gallon through out a 24 hour period you wont have any issues at all...
  • lbatton
    lbatton Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Might help with some of the holiday excess.
  • georgia313
    georgia313 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Also, I am looking to increase my support group - so anyone interested, please feel free to add me. If you live in NYC (I'm in Ridgewood - 15 min to Manhattan) and need a walking buddy - contact me.
  • 87indiegirl
    87indiegirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in- great idea!
  • hannjones0803
    hannjones0803 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am up for this challenge. According to the chiropractor I see and other Dr.'s I see, everyone should consume half their weight in ounces of water. Therefore if you weigh 250 lbs then you should be drinking 125 oz in water. There is 128 oz of water per gallon so you are not overdoing it.
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    Drinking more water is a good goal, BUT BUT BUT be careful. A gallon a day is an awful lot. It is possible to actually drink yourself to death. It's called hyponatremia and it is life-threatening because too much water causes your kidneys to become overworked and can cause your sodium level to fall dangerously low.

Please read up on this issue before you get too carried away.
  • WAMarathoner
    Options
    I might also add that there is absolutely none, zero, nada medical evidence to support drinking even 8 cups of water a day. Other than (maybe) keeping you more full, what it does mostly is flush water-soluble nutrients from your body faster, minimizing their effectiveness. Water is an essential part of our diets, but it's very easy to get carried away.
  • nebhusk
    Options
    The diet I am on right now calls for .5 - to 1 gallon of water a day. I understand the use of drinking a lot of water on a diet. Being to flush out your body, but I have also heard that drinking a full gallon can hurt your body. Is this true??