BIG NSV - Too small to shop in Plus Size store

Options

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Exciting isn't it!!! Congrats. I just bot a cute top that was a size Lrg for the first time in years.
  • michelejoann
    michelejoann Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    congrats to you!
    I just bought my first pair of jeans that were not from the plus size section last weekend and it felt weird. lol

I also second the thrift shop/goodwill idea for buying clothes in the interim. That is where I have been getting my shirts lately. and I will be shopping for pants here soon too since the bigger ones are moving from roomy to downright dowdy.

Keep up the good work!

I do this too. I got lots of cute stuff over the weekend.
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Way to go! What an accomplishment. The opportunities are endless now, you can shop, shop, and shop some more .
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congratulations -- isn't that the greatest feeling ... I shopped at Aeropostle for the first time recently and hot damn actually bought cute sweat pants that fit me.
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the great suggestions and congrats to everyone else on here that has been able to have the same NSV!
  • valcladdagh
    valcladdagh Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Congrats, so great to have reached that milestone! I am waiting to hit that point, hopefully soon into the new year. Since I'm not a big clothes shopper to begin with I have no trouble using thrift stores to get through all the size changes I will be going through, and Walmart, etc. Unless of course it's for a special occasion then I might splurge a bit :)

Keep up the great work!!
  • happypath101
    Options
    That's a phenomenal NSV! The world is now your oyster! Congratulations!! (Being able to shop anywhere was one of my main motivators for losing weight. I understand!)
  • Yolanda4160
    Yolanda4160 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! excellent NSV!!! It's so exciting to see progress- even nonscale progress!!! :smile:
  • andreajp
    andreajp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That is a fabulous NSV!

I just recently moved out of the plus sized shops/departments into the scary world of regular sizes. Since I still have a bit to lose I've been buying my "interim" clothes at Old Navy, Target and NY&CO (great fitting jeans).

Whenever I wander around the regular sized department I'm half expecting a salesperson to come up and direct me to the Plus size department. It's hard to get used to being smaller. My brain still thinks I wear a 16.
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I am now officially too small to shop in a plus size store. I went to buy new bras on the weekend and the lady at the store says I am one size too small to shop there for bras. I am also on the verge of not being able to buy clothes there anymore, I am at the smallest pant and shirt size they carry, so I won't be able to buy pants or tops there anymore.

Both are really good things but oddly enough I find them a little scary. I have shopped in plus size stores for so long now I don't know where I will start to shop. It was almost a bit of a safety net, shopping in plus size stores. I know this sounds silly and I should be happy but I am a little weirded out buy it.

I hear ya! I'm starting to get too small for plus-size. For example, my favorite pair of jeans are a size 20; I still try to wear them because they're my favorite pair, but they slide right off (still buttoned, mind you) if I forget to wear a belt. They're to the point where I can fit myself and a small child in them. My 1X and 2X shirts look like circus tents now! I've moved into XL territory! *happy dance* To celebrate, I bought this awesome sweater from Amazon that was an XL (a size I haven't worn since the beginning of college!) and it FIT! Like you, I feel weirded out. o.O

Celebrate and embrace the change! You're doing great, and it's SHOWING! Huzzah! ^5
  • serenamaki
    Options
    YES!!!
    You'll feel much better when you get yourself a cute little outfit. AND you'll probably save money!
    that is a goal of mine for sure. congrats!
  • GrannySparkle
    GrannySparkle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I am right there with you. I am almost to the point where I won't be able to shop at the plus size stores. And I know what you feel like. There are only 2-3 plus size stores around here...so I knew where I go. Now where? I know so many new options are gonna be out there but I liked the idea of that I would go HERE and get what I wanted. Now where do I go?

BUT I know right now, since I am still losing, I am not going to invest much in NEW clothes. The thrift stores are were I am going to shop for a while. And it will be SOON. I kept on my skinny clothes as I got fatter. Hubby wanted me to get rid of them...they take up to much room. Now I am glad I kept them, but I am at the bottom of my skinny clothes. I don't think I have anything any smaller than what I am wearing. BUT I am gonna get rid of my fat clothes.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    That's great! I can't wait until I can say the same!
  • mk_hammer
    Options
    SUCH an awesome feeling. Great job! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo! I still pass by plus stores and think " YAY I NEVER HAVE TO SHOP THERE AGAIN!"

But I do know what you mean. I was totally overwhelmed when I moved out of plus sizes. I didn't even know where to begin to look and fit/size vary greatly from store to store. Also I was no longer shopping to get clothes that fit, but fit and look good! what a different approach to shopping - and much more fun too!

Teresa
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This is the best NSV. I have not bought anything new in the last 2 months and maybe I'll be joining you in the Big-Girl-NO-More Stores.
  • IvaRai
    IvaRai Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I can't wait to be able to shop on one side of a store.
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! I am finally there myself, there is pretty much nothing in the plus size stores that fit me anymore. But I have SUCH shopping anxiety now, it's kind of crazy! I have NO idea how to shop for myself in regular stores. LoL. It's definitely a learning process, but it feels good not to be stared at as if I don't belong there when I peruse a rack of normal sized clothes...
  • Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! What a wonderful feeling. I do know what you mean about the plus size section/store being a safety net for you. It took me awhile to get use to it (maybe a month, ROFL). The selection in regular sizes are so much better. I still can not believe that I'm there. Its a process, but a great process. When I first started buy in the regular sizes I started at size 14, which I did not stay there very long. Now, I go right to size 10. Now that is just unbelieveable to me, but I'm loving it and that is one of the things that motivates me.

Again congratultions, you are on your way and theres no looking back!!!

By the way my size when I started MFP was from 18-22
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    That is AWESOME!! I am finally there myself, there is pretty much nothing in the plus size stores that fit me anymore. But I have SUCH shopping anxiety now, it's kind of crazy! I have NO idea how to shop for myself in regular stores. LoL. It's definitely a learning process, but it feels good not to be stared at as if I don't belong there when I peruse a rack of normal sized clothes...

I know, for so long now I didn't really shop and pick my clothes, Lane Bryant and Additonelle picked my clothes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!