video games?

Options

Replies

• bellydancer124
    Options
    /raises hand

My favorites are MMORPGs. I'm currently playing EQ2, which I have been playing off and on for years now. I've also played Ultima Online (a bazillion years ago, haha), EQ, Vanguard, Warhammer, SWTOR, TSW, and who knows what else. (but, believe it or not, I have never played WoW...people seem to think that's weird. :tongue: )

On Xbox, I'm playing BL2 right now and I just ordered Lollipop Chainsaw on a whim about an hour ago (it was cheap on Amazon, haha). I'm dying to play AC3 and am patiently waiting for someone to buy it for me, ahem.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm not a video game player (xbox, ps3, nintendo), but I love fantasy rpgs for the computer (single player, not MMORPGs). I grew up playing the Ultima, Bard's Tale, Might and Magic, and Wizardry series so I prefer the old school type games. I prefer a stronger story and am willing to sacrifice on graphics if the story is enjoyable.

Currently I just started playing Kingdoms of Amalur as I am almost done with Legend of Grimrock (great old school type game).

Good old games (GOG.com) and Steam sales are often too enticing to pass up.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I don't play a ton of games but I do have a Half-Life server for anyone that might be interested.

Here is a link to the game and game port:
    dm.oz-ie.com:27015

Here is a link to the stats website:
    http://www.oz-ie.com

This is the oooold original Half-Life Deathmatch with the OZ Mod. The OZ Mod gives the server admin (me, Deryni) very granular control over weapons, ammo, damage, speed, maps, etc. There is a hook that is fairly unique to OZ, but I've seen it in other Mods too.

The server has bunny hop enabled for anyone that knows what that is. I'd sure love to have anyone jump on and play some. I'd even volunteer to train someone if they're interested. :tongue:

We could create an MFP clan!
  • natalienicole502
    natalienicole502 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    If we are going old school, I have to mention Mario RPG on the SNES. Not many people have heard of it, but my friend and I used to play it ALL the time. I loved that game!

One of my absolute all time faves! : ) Such a great game.

I also love anything Mario, Rock Band, Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Borderlands, or Gears of War related. Oh, and Harvest Moon!

I LOVE kingdom hearts and harvest moon too!!! And of course Mario!!! Super Mario Bros. and the original I will be playing until I'm an old lady!!!
  • Xiorin
    Options
    I LOVE video games, mostly RPGs and MMORPGs. Currently I am playing WoW, SW:ToR, and Skyrim. In the past I have played Lineage 2, CoH, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Warhammer Online, AoC, Ragnarok, There, Second Life, Oblivion, and many, many more. I started out playing The Sims Online back in '02 but I've been a gamer since I got my SNES at 7. Been hooked ever since.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah.
  • grawrrrr
    grawrrrr Posts: 336
    Options
    Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Little Big Planet, Red Dead Redemption, etc...

Can't wait for the new Final Fantasy 14!!
  • martymum
    martymum Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    360 gamer here...all about BLOPS 2 at the moment.

martyxx

gt SogMarty
  • geekpryncess
    geekpryncess Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Finally breaking my 4 yr addiction to WoW, although I still love the game, my interests are shifting and I don't get into the hardcore part of it any more. I was a top rated hunter for a while on Illidan-US (anyone who knows WoW will understand what I'm talking about, lol). Now, I just poke around and play when I get a chance, no more marathon sessions and weekly raids. I'm just playing the economy part of it now trying to get to gold cap, and continuing working on my collection of pets and mounts and achievements. Things that I can do at will, instead of being tied to a weekly schedule.
  • Litlbeast
    Litlbeast Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Lately I play flash games on Kongregate; right now I'm playing Call of Gods constantly.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I play on the PC. COD4 with a UK based clan, and MW3 once in a while. Need For Speed games single player, and Civ4.

I also keep an older computer running so I can play Alpha Centauri and the old Need For Speed Most Wanted.
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    360 gamer here; mostly sports games, but also dabble in COD and Halo
  • jheilala63
    Options
    I'm sure I said something in this thread already but if I didn't, I'm on the 360 and I play Halo and COD/Black Ops games! My favorites are the Halo series, Assassin's Creed series, Mass Effect series, Brutal Legend, sports (Madden, MLB2ks, NBA2ks, NHL2ks), and many more.
  • johnstephen1
    Options
    Yeah Call of Duty is my favorite of all.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    I love games. Most kinds. It would be easier to list games I don't like than ones I do. I don't like battle royale because I find it boring and repetitive, and games that are too fast paced because I have a low-ish reaction time. I also don't like cash grab mobile games, and I used to love MMO games but I stopped playing when most of them introduced microtransactions.

Although I enjoy all kinds of games, I'm more immersed when it's a game with a story like The Witcher, the Mass Effect trilogy, Bioshock, and even point and click games sometimes (Monkey Island was one of my gateway drugs.)

Right now I'm playing Animal Crossing and Hand of Fate 2 and don't have time for much else.

I don't know if this counts, but Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch is one of my favorite ways to exercise.

Edit: wow! an 8 year old thread. Did not notice it was a necro.
  • Fluffa_11
    Fluffa_11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't like battle royale because I find it boring and repetitive, and games that are too fast paced because I have a low-ish reaction time.

Same! Which is why I tend to avoid games like CoD and fortnite. As much as I would love to play them, I’m just not quick enough.

Right now I’m playing SR3 remastered, tales of Zestiria and DW8 empires. Are you a console or pc gamer?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Fluffa_11 wrote: »
    I don't like battle royale because I find it boring and repetitive, and games that are too fast paced because I have a low-ish reaction time.

Same! Which is why I tend to avoid games like CoD and fortnite. As much as I would love to play them, I’m just not quick enough.

Right now I’m playing SR3 remastered, tales of Zestiria and DW8 empires. Are you a console or pc gamer?

Both, but right now the only console I have is the Switch.
  • mrandall113
    mrandall113 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Edit: wow! an 8 year old thread. Did not notice it was a necro.

Old thread but right now in quarantine, i'm sure tons of people are using most of their time on videogames. I know I've logged some good hours on red dead 2 since the shutdown. I'm also still on that PokemonGo every so often haha 😃
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    Options
    I picked up C&C remastered, and am loving it!