Who lifts weights here and does no cardio

Options
Just curious to see who lifts weights here and does no or minimal cardio

If you only lift do you rest days in between or do you lift on a daily basis?

Replies

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    me. I do it 3x a week.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Weights only 3-4 times per week for 1 hr/session.

I am pretty active in my free time (lots of walking type activities and I regularly fish from a kayak) though.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    MEEEEE :D

Weights: 2x a week for more than an hour

As for cardio, I do it only for 2 things: 2x for 5 mins as a warm-up before I lift weights & one to two days a week for 15-30 mins to release the stress & other emotions that I have. Oh & not to mention that I play soccer & also swim 2x a month.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing no cardio. That being said, I am working on restoring my metabolism to normal levels.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yep, Im thinking about dropping cardio and seeing what results I get from just lifting which so happens to be my favourite exercise :)
  • passmetheducksauce
    passmetheducksauce Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    i lift weights 6 days a week and do no cardio and i'm really skinny. hah and by "skinny" i mean lean.
  • breakarm87
    Options
    Best results I ever got was when I would get up and run rain, shine, snow, freezing cold, blazing hot, etc... back in 2007-2008. I would run every single morning at 7am and then do push ups 1 set of 105 push ups, 1 set of 80 sit ups, an do 20 pullups. I did just that for about a year. I would run 3-4 miles a day but I was only running 22-29 mins depending on how many miles and I usually tried to run fast times. I got my weight down and started getting cut. Had my abs and everything and didn't count calories at all, but ate relatively healthy. Now along the way I started back weight lifting and I get really hungry because I lift really heavy for strength so i put on some weight the last 3 years. Im 213. I am not really fat per say, I am just not where I wanna be weight wise. I feel healthier and actually a little stronger at a lighter weight. My lifts have went up some at this weight but my runs suck now. I can bust out a 320lbs bench press pretty easy still even without benching. Most of my workouts are tailored to competitive arm wrestling which I compete in.
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options
    I train in powerlifting on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Only cardio i do is occassionally walk my dog.. I used to do some form of cardio when i first began, but i seem to get better results without it.
  • awerkema1
    Options
    I lift every other day. If you are looking to gain mass your muscles need at least a day to recover and rebuild. At least thats what I have been told haha
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I lift every other day. If you are looking to gain mass your muscles need at least a day to recover and rebuild. At least thats what I have been told haha
    That's true & actually some people most especially women need at least 2 rest days in between to recover.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I train in powerlifting on mondays, wednesdays and fridays. Only cardio i do is occassionally walk my dog.. I used to do some form of cardio when i first began, but i seem to get better results without it.

This.

I don't walk the dog but I run a retail store.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I average about 5-6 hours of cardio per month lately and mostly lift otherwise.

I feel cardio is important, but that weight training is just as important to overall health - I also find that while neither one can replace the other, weight work does use the cardiovascular system quite a bit when done well.

I have basically a three day cycle lately:

Day 1: Chest/shoulders/triceps
    Day 2: Back/biceps
    Day 3: Legs

I pretty much throw in abs intermittently (most often coinciding with back/biceps day) and I'm working on efforts to do yoga a minimum of weekly, but I'm going to try to ramp that up to twice a week.
  • rachaelfisher1
    Options

This.

I don't walk the dog but I run a retail store.

Can't really tell if you're having a dig. But no, i do not run a retail store.
  • RepsnSets
    Options

I usually lift intensely and heavy which in one way or another works on all muscles of my body so come the next day I just dont have the energy to lift. Might try three times a week and see how I progress from there.

Awesome posts members! Thank you :)
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    So this means I cant say or not, I guess I am too late :(
  • SergeiKay
    SergeiKay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I lift 5 days a week:
    mon, tue - power lifting
    wed - rest
    thu, fri, sat - hypertrophy (usual bodybuilding)
    sun - rest.

i only do light pace cardio, 5 mins as a warmup before each workout, and 10 minutes a little after.

Now the reason i do this is because more intense cardio uses up a lot of calories that my body currently uses to build new muscle tissues.
  • RepsnSets
    Options
    So this means I cant say or not, I guess I am too late :(

No, no keep posting, just thanking people who have posted thus far :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I don't. I've done 3x a week and 4x a week lifting without cardio.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I usually lift intensely and heavy which in one way or another works on all muscles of my body so come the next day I just dont have the energy to lift. Might try three times a week and see how I progress from there.

Awesome posts members! Thank you :)

I do full body 3x a week, the rest in between is important.
  • yecatsml
    yecatsml Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm doing Stronglifts 3x a week and minimal cardio (dogs get 1 hr/day walk). I am doing some cardio because I like it (a cardio video here and there) but not because I feel I have to. It is nice to be free of the cardio monkey on my back!