Best Protein Powder

Options
I have tried several different protein powders, but im looking for one that I can just mix with water in my shaker and drink it on the go?? I don't like having to blend up smoothies and drinks, that's just too much prep/time consuming for me and I never end up doing it. I was using Myoplex (chocolate) a few years ago and I liked the convenience of that, but it was pretty high in calories. Suggestions?

Replies

• xxthoroughbred
    xxthoroughbred Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.
  • dzarello
    dzarello Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^

Ayup!
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I agree with ON but I also loooooove Dymatize ISO 100... It's more expensive because its an isolate but it's yummy, low cals and doesn't upset my stomach as much as others :)
  • Richardcag
    Richardcag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^

Ayup!

Another vote here.
  • paigepaigebristol
    Options
    phd diet whey Strawberry delight very low calories:tongue:
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition

X whatever we're on now...
  • anna32aries
    anna32aries Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Genuine Health Proteins+ Natural Chocolate - 110 Cals/ 2 scoops. I think it's delicious. It's great with water but I like to sneak in half skim milk/half water and some cinnamon. Here in Canada I bought a big container for $50, so it is a bit expensive for the 840g you get. I'll probably have to find a less expensive one soon!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^

Ayup!

Absolutely this!
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Isopure
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    nearly everything on sale at wally's world.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    my inner fattie loves Met RX vanilla Meal Replacement Mix
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    ON is great. So is Gaspari Myofusion.

Just for the sake of clarity, the Myoplex is higher in calories because it's a meal replacement shake (contains protein and significant carbs); it's not just straight up protein powder.
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^

Ayup!

Absolutely this!

This ^^
  • LovinLife96
    LovinLife96 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use ON Gold Standard 100% Whey Milk chocolate... I blend it sometimes, but I always drink it in a shaker right after the gym... It's the one JE recommends too...
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I've tried so so many....

I like the COMBAT protein from Musclepharm.... Chocolate peanut butter taste so great... Just with water it's perfect!

I also like 4EverFit Fruit Blast...Cranrazz (cranberries-raspberries)....Taste like a smoothie.

For canadians...I've tried two samples of CanadianProtein.com and oh wow! amazing stuff.... Not kidding here..check it out.

Anyway..more info on my blog
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/shinkalork/view/basic-review-of-the-supplements-that-i-take-or-that-i-took-before-440592
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Egg White Protein Powder! My favorite is Jay Robb's Egg White Protein Powder. Quick easy and mixes easily (I used sugar free coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk)

I was using a Whey + Caessin protein powder that had an excellent flavor but I was having significant digestive issues on whey.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    ON is good but I also like the Cytosport they sell in the huge bags at Costco...cheap and decent.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition.

^^^THIS^^^

Ayup!

Another vote here.

yay for chemical tasting protein :huh:

gaspari myofusion or xtreme formulations are two i would recommend
  • Metspride129
    Metspride129 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I've tried close to 30 kinds of protein powder, and honestly, my favorite is PROnom 23 by Controlled Labs. Comes in Chocolate or Vanilla cupcake batter. Chocolate is delicious, and you can cook so many treats with it (i've done cupcakes, brownies, pancakes, ice cream, chocolate covered pastacios, ect)

Muscle Milk is also really good....comes in a ton of flavors....2 of my favorites are Graham Cracker and Cake Batter