For those of you who do crossfit...

Options
Would you mind sharing your experiences? Why you joined/how you got into it, what you like/dislike about it...anything really.

I've just started my fundamentals classes, so if there's any advice you MFP-ers have to offer a newbie I'd really appreciate it. At the moment I'm at work so can't reply to things straight away, but thank you in advance :)

Replies

• Jenjennio
    Jenjennio Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Ally. I have been doing xfit for about 2 months. My advice is not to compete against others. Compete with yourself. Do no push weight. If u do not feel comfortable, do what is. You do not want any musculoskeletal injuries.
    Otherwise, have fun! I love that I am doing things I never have done and keep proving to myself I can. As for age, I am 41.... If that helps.
    Please feel free to contact me if u have any other questions..
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I don't do Crossfit, however - focus on form over weight on the bar.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I played with Crossfit for a couple months. I enjoyed the incorporation of Olympic lifts, endurance, and prac.app. body weight exercises. The competitive atmosphere was also able to stroke my type A soul just enough to make it real. Overall, I believe my agility and stamina improved. I was pleased, but would not recommend on bulk.
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I don't do Crossfit, however - focus on form over weight on the bar.

This!!!

I do Crossfit and have been for 7 months. I love it. Cancelled my gym membership right after I joined. It's amazing. You workout harder than ever before and make amazing friends. Make sure your coaches are experienced and knowledgeable. But like above says, focus on form... It's easy to injure yourself if you push yourself too far... My, I injured myself recently due to lack of stretching before and after/-- so stretch.

I have nothing but good things to say though I looooove it!!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    My advice: do not neglect mobility work. It's freaking important for avoiding injury and getting the most from your WOD's. It will also make you happier bc you are less sore/tight. And it feels good.

If you don't know what I'm talking about be sure to ask your coach, "What should I be doing for mobility?"

And also go here: www.mobilitywod.com