15 lbs, I have a waist again!

Options

Replies

• celshade
    celshade Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm not a fitness expert or an authority on nutrition. I was eating over 6000 calories a day when I stopped cold turkey on the first of this month. I've dropped soda, fats, MOST artificial foods, added water each day, and added in yoga and walking.

Previously, I did no exercise whatsoever. Going up the stairs was a challenge. I have never been in shape before in my life (smallest size was a size 16 in early teens).

My cardio went from around 15 minutes a day tops (work from home), to walking EVERYWHERE, being active, and forcing myself to move.

I'm as surprised as everyone else. My family told me that it's always been very easy to lose weight in our genes? That could be some sort of spooky old back country myth.

Thanks for the support everyone!
  • celshade
    Options
    Thats perfectly possible. I went to thailand to trek (and I was pretty overweight at the time); lost 15 kilos in a month and didn't even realise it (not many mirrors in hillside forests). Less half empty cups please.
    What an awesome trip that sounds like!
  • mrs_schultz2012
    mrs_schultz2012 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    that's fantastic!!!! congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • celshade
    Options
    I really appreciate everyone who has gone out of their way to be kind to me!
  • SteveK279
    SteveK279 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Looking great...what I'm wondering is where the hell the other 85lb is supposed to come from???
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Amazing how many people can't say congratulations to someone on their journey. Instead choose to tear them down and be suspicious of their success.

Tsk tsk.

:(

I'm sad that we're being perceived this way. I was just astonished at her success and wanted to know how she accomplished her goals! She does look fabulous.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    WOW...awesome results for 1 month...you go girl...
  • yeesabelly
    yeesabelly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulation ! i guess such a drastic change can give those kinds of results .. Keep it up !
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Wow, Looks like you lost a lot more than 15 pounds. Congrats!
  • donkeypoop
    donkeypoop Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    wow!! That is a big transformation!! If I were you, I'd enjoy my new waist too!! :) Congrats!
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    How lovely. I am on my way there too.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Dear OP, how tall are you?

(sometimes weight makes more sense when you know how tall a person is lol)

Anyway, you look FABULOUS now, I can't believe that's only a 15 lb difference. Congrats for real :P
  • celshade
    Options
    Dear OP, how tall are you?
    Hello! I'm 5'9'' for reference. Somedays, 5'8''. How does this happen?! I've never known.
    Looking great...what I'm wondering is where the hell the other 85lb is supposed to come from???
    Thank you! The number is really more arbitrary and just there for a nice goal. I'm not worried about the scale, though my doctor makes me weigh in every two weeks minimum at the same time of the day so she can keep an eye on me.

That's enough for me - I'll be happy with whatever body I end up with as a result of my eating habits!

Thanks so much guys! I absolutely feel like a warrior now! :mad: GAME FACE!!!
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You go, Glen Coco! You look amazing.
  • erinlorettamcn
    Options
    amazing job girl!!!!!!!! you look AMAZING! keep up the good work!
  • celshade
    Options
    You go, Glen Coco! You look amazing.

Made me laugh out loud, love your sense of humor!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! WTG!

Just curious, did you give up wheat? My stomach gets very bloated and puffy when I eat wheat and I will constantly get asked if I am pregnant. Two weeks after giving it up, it is drastically reduced.
  • celshade
    Options
    I severely cut back on my wheat and carbs in general! You might be on to something! I feel much less bloated and puffy. Most days before I started, I felt like I would bounce like Flubber if I jumped out of the window.
  • sweetgrasswoman
    sweetgrasswoman Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    That's enough for me - I'll be happy with whatever body I end up with as a result of my eating habits!

Thanks so much guys! I absolutely feel like a warrior now! :mad: GAME FACE!!!
    [/quote]

Ive lost 12 lbs since I started MFP in Oct, and it does make a big difference. Some weeks I do lose over 3 lbs but Im not worried because I watch what I eat & I do need to eat to even exercise. Some weeks Ill only lose 1.5 lbs. But yes you should be happy for yourself- heck Im happy for you!!!!
    Congrats & don't even lose the game face!!!!!!
  • OliviaHP1
    OliviaHP1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! Super job. How did you do it?:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!